NEurope
Serebii

Hyrule Warriors 3DS

Yeah, the full version seems to run much better than the demo. Feels totally different.

I really would get this again if you could transfer save data, but I'm really not up for hundreds of hours of the same stuff I did late 2014 before I get to the new stuff :/

Got a bug in the second mission where the Bombchu is supposed to blow up the rock spire, it just sat there and nothing happened.

Yeah, the full version seems to run much better than the demo. Feels totally different.

I gave the demo version a shot last night on an original 3DS and thought the framerate really wasn't that bad... Certainly much better than when 3D is switched on on new 3DS. Definitely playable. If the retail version runs even better then that's great news.

Still waiting for my game to turn up from BASE. £24.99 was the best price I found online. Loved the demo (New3DS user). Can't wait. Skipped it on WiiU as don't have the time to sit and game but this felt like the perfect portable title for quick bursts of play.

Surprised by how much I'm enjoying playing this again, which is bad since I want to play DQ Monsters Joker 3, the new mechanics make the game feel fresh again. Linkle and Toon Link's movesets are pretty fun.

One of the missions glitches again yesterday which meant I couldn't progress and had to restart, this never happened in the Wii U version.

Surprised by how much I'm enjoying playing this again, which is bad since I want to play DQ Monsters Joker 3, the new mechanics make the game feel fresh again. Linkle and Toon Link's movesets are pretty fun.

One of the missions glitches again yesterday which meant I couldn't progress and had to restart, this never happened in the Wii U version.

Hmmm... Can't say that happened to me throughout the game and I've only got 2 characters left to unlock. (Twili Midna and Young Link)

I've missed playing Hyrule Warriors. King Daphnes is easily the best new character, being able to double his attack speed whenever he likes is pretty useful. Linkle's a close second.

Ganondorf's Trident is great! It's much more fluid than the less than average Great Swords. Will be using that a lot. And yes, you can throw it and teleport to where it is.

I like that they've tweaked the adventure mode. A lot of the missions on the Zelda 1 map are much more manageable. Especially Giant Boss and Kill X amount of enemies challenges.

I've also noticed that some of the older characters have been tweaked, most noticeable would be Agitha, who can dodge cancel a lot of her moves now, making her easier to use.

Ruto still sucks.

EDIT: OH! @Dcubed told me about a cool little trick you can do on the loading screen of the 3DS version.

While it's loading, Try pressing L, R, X, Y or B.

It doesn't make Ruto suck any less though.

Edited by Glen-i

So how's everyone doing on this?

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Had a bit of a derp moment in that I didn't realise you actually got King Daphnes' Lv 2 weapon in Legend Mode, so I went through the whole Great Sea map with only his Level 1 Sail.

Good thing he's such a fantastic character though. Utterly busted and awesome!

All of my characters range from Level 45-47. The two maps are perfectly doable, which is a big relief after the grindy WiiU version.

Edited by Glen-i

Well, her voice will no doubt grate on some people after a while.

Nothing really note worthy there, but I do like the fact she gets dizzy after crashing into the ground. Nice touch.

Legend mode ran fine but once I started Adventure mode the game has become nearly unplayable.

Legend mode ran fine but once I started Adventure mode the game has become nearly unplayable.

Are you talking about the framerate?

That happened to me once. But I just turned the 3DS off, then rebooted it, and it ran normally again.

This game has me so confused in the retro adventure mode. I have candles, the eye of truth, bombs etc. And I basically do quick boss rush modes. Seems like a quick way to unlocks though? I haven't even found the fairy 3DS feature?!

So much content I'm lost lol

This game has me so confused in the retro adventure mode. I have candles, the eye of truth, bombs etc. And I basically do quick boss rush modes. Seems like a quick way to unlocks though? I haven't even found the fairy 3DS feature?!

So much content I'm lost lol

Adventure mode is very daunting. The best way is to just take it one step at a time. Don't go for everything at once, you'll just get more confused.

Here's a few tips.

- Finish Legend mode first, the characters and weapons there can only be unlocked in Legend Mode. The reverse is also true, you can't get Adventure Mode characters in Legend Mode.

- Item cards (Bombs, candles, etc.) are used to reveal secrets on the map. For example, if you visit a square, and the top screen says "Search Required", that means you'll need to use the correct item card on the correct space to reveal the reward.

- Have you played Zelda 1? A lot of the secrets on this map are in the same place as the original game. Failing that, you can just use a compass to reveal where an item should be used, it won't tell you what item you need though, so careful.

- If you're really lazy, you can always just look up this handy-dandy guide!

(Rows are represented by letters, numbers represent columns. So for example, A-1 would be the top-left square)

- Remember, the goal is to find and defeat the dark ruler. You don't have to complete every square. It's easy to forget this.

- Despite the last point, I do recommend going for all the weapons/characters. You'll need them later, and more weapons and characters = more fun!

- If a mission is giving you trouble, try something else, you'll be amazed at what a bit of experience can do for you.

- Try and keep every character roughly around the same level. Yes, we all like how fun Linkle is, but there's going to be a mission where it forces you to play as Ruto, and she'll need all the help she can get!

About the 3DS My Fairy feature.

When you get to a square that shows a fairy icon on the Treasures section, that means there's a "My Fairy" fairy hidden there.

To find it, you'll need to channel your inner Link and smash up brown pots in enemy keeps.

They're placed near the walls in those keeps, you can't miss them. Sooner or later, you'll find one (Fairy food is also found in this way).

Do not be confused by fairy icons on the map, these are fairies that dispel barriers. While they are useful, they are not the same thing.

If there's anything else that confuses you, feel free to ask.

Are you talking about the framerate?

That happened to me once. But I just turned the 3DS off, then rebooted it, and it ran normally again.

The framerate, yeah. Rebooting the 3DS fixed it like you said. Quiting the game on it's own didn't fix it. Weird.

The framerate, yeah. Rebooting the 3DS fixed it like you said. Quiting the game on it's own didn't fix it. Weird.

Yeah, it's really strange. I have no idea what could have caused it. Still, it's nice that it probably wasn't an issue with my 3DS after all.

Yeah, it's really strange. I have no idea what could have caused it. Still, it's nice that it probably wasn't an issue with my 3DS after all.

Same thing also happened to me last week! Was worried that an update or something had broken the framerate, have been too scared to try it since :indeed:

Much appreciated @Glen\-i that makes the game make a lot more sense and I don't have to trawl the web seeking answers.

What do the Fairys do? IE are they worth it etc.

Now to get back to the game :D

Much appreciated @Glen\-i that makes the game make a lot more sense and I don't have to trawl the web seeking answers.

What do the Fairys do? IE are they worth it etc.

Now to get back to the game :D

The fairies are absolutely worth it and almost required to finish some of the harder squares in adventure mode. Finding all the clothes and food really powers them up and they can become absolutely vital if you get into a tight spot and need 200+ kills in the space of a second, or if you need help taking out a tricky boss. They're also very useful when trying to get gold medals as they can vastly improve your kill count or save you heaps of time.

Medli dropping next week.

Just like Hyrule Warriors did back in 2014, Hyrule Warriors Legends is also going to get some DLC packs. A few weeks ago, Nintendo and Koei-Tecmo revealed the planning for them, with the first one (the Master Wind Waker Pack) releasing in Spring / May. Today, Koei-Tecmo revealed that it would be released on May 19th (in Japan, but Europe and North America should get it on the same day).

As you (probably) already know, the Master Wind Waker Pack is only for the Nintendo 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors. Here’s what you need to know about it:

Contents: 16 new My Fairy costume pieces, the “Master” Wind Waker map for Adventure Mode (with one new adventure battle scenario), 16 new costumes

Release date: Late Spring (Europe, North America) / May 19th (Japan)

Price: £1.79 / €1.99 / 370 Yen + taxes / US$0.99 / CDN$1.39 [NB: it’s part of the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS + Wii U Season Passes]

Medli will also be added for free to all players, in Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors Legends.

Comes with a new update.

On May 19th, a new update for Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors Legends will be released:

Hyrule Warriors (Ver. 1.9.0)

adds Medli as playable character (free)

Hyrule Warriors Legends (Ver. 1.3.0)

adds Medli as playable character (free)

adds news medals

adjusts the drop rate of rare materials when using a special potion increasing their drop rate

other bug fixes

NB: The update is required for the Master Wind Waker Pack.

Just when I got the last Heart Container. More proof Ninty are spying on me.

I was kinda hoping the level cap would be increased, my Link is Level 99, and I feel like using him now would be a waste...

And all the other characters are in the 80's.

Looks like I'll be using Medli all the time.

New DLC incomming:

Koei Tecmo has announced that the next round of DLC for Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors Legends will be releasing on June 30th. The announcement is only currently for Japan, but will hopefully be available in all territories. The pack will include Marin as a playable character and a new weapon, the Pegasus Boots, for Linkle on both versions, while the 3DS version will also get a new Adventure map and costumes for the My Fairy feature.

The DLC will cost $6.99 for the 3DS version, $4.99 for the Wii U version, and $9.99 for both. Furthermore, Wii U owners will now be able to pick up two more DLC options. First is the season pass for $9.99 (which will give Wii U owners the Link’s Awakening DLC and the future two packs). Second is the Legends Character pack for $12.99, which gives all the Legends-only characters and weapons.

Probably in Europe as well though no official statement has been given on this.