NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Dark Souls III

I ordered this Yesterday at 3pm from 365games.co.uk and it arrived this morning. That shit doesn't happen to me, ever, considering I live in a village remoter and harder to find than Ash Lake. #ClumsyDarkSouls1Reference

Shame I'll be travelling to London a little later because I'm super ready to die right now.

Any of you goons playing this on PC? Wouldn't mind having someone reliable to summon when I inevitably get stuck on some twatflap boss.

No, 30fps scrub race.

Would've picked this up today but there weren't any copies in the small Tesco near work.

Wish PSN didnt insist on having ridiculous DDL prices still.... Can't understand it. Like a few days ago I got an advert for Uncharted 4, they're trying to push pre-ordering on the digital store, entering a sweepstakes, games, social, marketing campaigns etc... so they do want digital sales.

Mine arrived today. Now to wait until I'm home. Meeting a friend for dinner after work so the wait is even longer. Boooo.

Any of you goons playing this on PC? Wouldn't mind having someone reliable to summon when I inevitably get stuck on some twatflap boss.

Have to wait a few months when new graphics cards come in so I can upgrade my machine. Then and only then. Not sure on how I will resist the temptation.

What card you running now? I've heard the game's got crash issues with 7 series Nvidia, but if you've got a mid range card from the last 2-3 years you should be pretty much good to run it (spoilers: it's not a huge looker).

Edited by The Bard

Yeah I was surprised how much crisper Bloodborne looks by comparison. Managed to dick over the first boss in this first time, which I was pretty happy with, despite him being a wetwipe*.

*High poise of Knight class probably saved me from having my nut caved in.

So this is how I fucked up Outrider Knight in the Undead Settlement.

Also, found this charming message.

CgL9x7ZWQAAgdgz.jpg:large

I had a good long chuckle.

Yes, I am not good at this game.

@Cookyman talked me through the third boss. If he wasn't there, I'd definitely wouldn't have managed to do it. I hesitate too much and then lose my cool and attack at dumb times.

The Souls franchise claims it's first number one spot in the UK.

Bandai Namco claim No1 this week with new entry ‘Dark Souls III’ (PS4/Xbox One/PC) by From Software.

This is the fourth outing for the main ‘Souls’ series, starting out on PS3-only as ‘Demon’s Souls’ and debuting at No6 back in week 25, 2010. The series took off in terms of sales with the launch of ‘Dark Souls’ (PS3/360) debuting at No3 in week 40, 2011. ‘Dark Souls II’ (PS3/360) was the previous high in terms of sales and chart position, debuting at No2 behind ‘Titanfall’ in week 11, 2014. And now the series claims a first No1with sales up a massive 61% over the ‘Dark Souls II’ previous high.

Gaf had the numbers from the previous entries and it seems the series is getting more popular with each release.

[Week 25, 2010] DEMON'S SOULS > 10,000 < 15,000 / NEW

[Week 40, 2011] DARK SOULS > 30,000 < 36,000 / NEW

[Week 11, 2014] DARK SOULS II > 38,000 < 43,000 / NEW

[Week 13, 2015] BLOODBORNE - 43,000 / NEW

[Week 15, 2016] DARK SOULS III > 61,000 < 69,000 / NEW

What card you running now? I've heard the game's got crash issues with 7 series Nvidia, but if you've got a mid range card from the last 2-3 years you should be pretty much good to run it (spoilers: it's not a huge looker).

ATI/AMD RADEON HD7850. So it is pretty old by today's standards and is definitely on it's way out.

ATI/AMD RADEON HD7850. So it is pretty old by today's standards and is definitely on it's way out.

Ah fair enough. My last GPU was a 7870, really good series of cards.

I ordered this Yesterday at 3pm from 365games.co.uk and it arrived this morning. That shit doesn't happen to me, ever, considering I live in a village remoter and harder to find than Ash Lake. #ClumsyDarkSouls1Reference

Shame I'll be travelling to London a little later because I'm super ready to die right now.

I grab the Estoc, put it to your codpiece

Shield on my back, two handed technique

Straight at your bones, homes, I wanna see cabbage

Dwarf G the savage, doing your gonads much damage.

Praise the sun, Solaire and the ring of Havel

My life is played out like a Jheri curl, I'm ready to die.

Edited by The Bard
Automerged Doublepost

Ah fair enough. My last GPU was a 7870, really good series of cards.

My ilfe is played out like a Jheri curl, I'm ready to die.

Omg yes. This is bloody brilliant :love:

Fuck me, I can barely survive on Road of Sacrifices. I've reached the next two bonfires but I'm basically sprinting.

meangirls.gif~c200

My life is played out like a Jheri curl, I'm ready to die.

I don't feel like I earned this.

I don't feel like I earned this.

If you don't feel like you earned a rap about kamikaze stabbing fools in the dick, you got self esteem issues, kid.

I gut gud last night and took out the fourth boss.

Anyone else fucking love Arstor's Spear? Loving its health regen ability. It's helped kept me going through some tough areas.

Do you just have to give the Spunky Tree soul to the blacksmith for that? Should probably have tried that by now. Currently running an upgraded Uchigatana, and trying to figure out if I prefer the drop you get from the Ice dog miniboss guarding the way to Road of Sacrifices (Irithyll Straight Sword).

I rolled with a lightning Uchigatana for half of Dark Souls and I'm guessing it will work as well in this game. But then again, I don't want to be a boring sod.

Tempted by this double-hand beast: http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Zweihander

Also, glad I found the stamina regen ring. God-Tier.

Edited by dwarf

Yep, hand in the Great Shit-Tree Boss' soul. Irithyll Straight Sword is currently my third choice weapon behind Arstor's Spear and my starting spear (because I infused it with fire which seems super effective against everything). I'm a bit of a n00b with how all the weapons work and scale so I don't know which weapon is best, I'm probably really missing a trick somewhere.

Anyone care to explain to me what upgrading your shield is good for? Do it take less stamina to block?

In other news, on Kickstarter...

El0282D.jpg

Dark Souls™ - The Board Game

This got fully funded in under 3 minutes when it went live. When I pledged this morning it was just under £500,000 and now it's getting close to £600,000. If you pick it up you get all the stretch goals as a bonus which is pretty great considering how much funding it's going to get; that's a shit-load of bonuses.

• As the Campaign progresses, we will unlock a number of stretch goals that will be added to your SOULS PLEDGE for Kickstarter backers for FREE!

£60,000 UNLOCKED! Pyromancer Player Character
    £70,000 UNLOCKED! 5 Dancer Behaviour Cards
    £80,000 UNLOCKED! Cleric Player Character
    £90,000 UNLOCKED! 5 Executioner Behaviour Cards
    £100,000 UNLOCKED! Sorcerer Player Character
    £140,000 UNLOCKED! Thief Player Character
    £160,000 UNLOCKED! 5 Legendary Weapon Treasure Cards
    £180,000 UNLOCKED! Mercenary Player Character
    £200,000 UNLOCKED! 5 Lothric Encounter Cards
    £220,000 UNLOCKED! The Pursuer Boss
    £240,000 UNLOCKED! 5 Anor Londo Encounter Cards
    £260,000 UNLOCKED! Deprived Player Character
    £280,000 UNLOCKED! 5 Item Treasure Cards
    £300,000 UNLOCKED! 3 Firebomb Hollows
    £340,000 UNLOCKED! 3 Dancer Heat Up Cards
    £360,000 UNLOCKED! 5 Gravestone Models
    £380,000 UNLOCKED! 3 Executioner Damaged Cards
    £400,000 UNLOCKED! 3 Silver Knight Lancers
    £420,000 UNLOCKED! Sir Alonne Boss
    £440,000 UNLOCKED! 4 Barrel Models
    £460,000 UNLOCKED! Bonfire Model
    £480,000 UNLOCKED! 4 Treasure Chest Models
    £500,000 UNLOCKED! 4 Large Barrel Models
    £525,000 UNLOCKED! Spin Dials for Core Game Mini Bosses
    £550,000 UNLOCKED! Smelter Demon Model
    £575,000 UNLOCKED! 5 Smelter Demon Behaviour Cards
    £600,000 UNLOCKED! 3 Alonne Sword Knight Models
    £625,000 UNLOCKED! 5 Legendary Weapon Treasure Cards
    £650,000 UNLOCKED! 3 Ironclad Soldiers

Edited by Daft

I went with the Assassin (Dex/ Int build) and I just got the Uchigatana. Pretty much steamrolling through the Cathedral at the moment, and shit is getting soulsy as fuck. Still haven't come across anything as immediately impenetrable as Sen's Fortress, but I'm really liking that you never really feel bottlenecked. Also the game seems freakishly liberal with Bonfires, most of which don't seem to be reused for shortcuts.

@dwarf gourami I think we're swapping playstyles from the first game - I mained the Zweihander last time. Absolutely brutal weapon, but the long windup and absolute catastrophe that can ensue when you miss got a little tedious.

Turned the soul from the Crystal Sage into a rapier which scales amazingly with Int. and pretty well with Dex. Going to give it a shot later on when my stats are up.

Guys. This game is well good.

I'm still upgrading the katana (can we all agree to call it that?) but I will give the Zweihander a go. I figure it'll come in useful when tanking bosses that don't require shielding, with the spunk tree being a good example of that.

Yeah some of the bonfires actually make the shortcuts redundant. I'm never upset about seeing one, but like with your poem I'm not sure how I earned the privilege.

I have a tactic where I sprint as fast as I can and check off as many bonfires as I can before dying. Got all the way to the Cathedral yesterday without dying.

Is it worth keeping your starting weapon upgraded if you're happy with it?

I have a tactic where I sprint as fast as I can and check off as many bonfires as I can before dying. Got all the way to the Cathedral yesterday without dying.

Is it worth keeping your starting weapon upgraded if you're happy with it?

Think it depends on the weapon and your stat allocation. I'm not far behind you guys at the moment, and pretty much my most reliable weapon is still the Estoc I started out with.