NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Dark Souls III

I've farmed Silver Knights for 2 hours with Rusty Gold Coin and Avarice. 30-45 seconds per run, i.e. two Silver Knights.

Result: One covenant item.

Not sure if the increase in item discovery helped...

Oh...

Guess i won't be going for the Platinum.

I reassigned my stats at Rosaria to get about 60 luck, had the gold covetous ring, symbol of avarice, the crystal sage rapier off hand and had all the proofs of concord kept that I needed in a few hours. There were times when I didn't have much luck but then I also got some quite close together.

The other covenant items are much easier to get. Also factor in that you get a couple of the items free per playthrough as loot on the floor, and you'll need to complete the game around 3 times anyway.

You can reassign stats up to five times per playthrough, right?

I may give that a go.

Up to Pontiff Sulyvahn...changed my mind and went back to the Smouldering Lake. Which I completely messed up. Turns out it's pretty easy to just roll under the worm and waltz on into the Boss room. (I did hit the nearby bonfire first though) And then I royally murdered the Old Demon King on the first attempt. Honestly not a tough fight at all, now to proceed through the lake backwards before I go back to Pontiff.

No clue how close to the actual end I am yet. Only level 62. Gotta try and do what I can before going back to nightshift come Monday.

I got the platinum for this last night. Great game from start to finish.

If anyone is still interested, Dark Souls™ - The Board Game has 5 hours left. It's raise over £3.5

million.

And they've unlocked a shit-load of stuff.

snvekAK.jpg

BxPKQ9g.jpg

Y118GYO.jpg

They've also just added a free scenarios Campaign mode.

The Steamforged Games Design Team have been putting their heads together and have decided to celebrate the record-breaking success of this Kickstarter project (and due to popularity during this Kickstarter) by confirming the Core Game will additionally come with a FREE scenario-driven Campaign Mode where your level of success would continue on from one game to another.

Up to Pontiff Sulyvahn...changed my mind and went back to the Smouldering Lake. Which I completely messed up. Turns out it's pretty easy to just roll under the worm and waltz on into the Boss room. (I did hit the nearby bonfire first though) And then I royally murdered the Old Demon King on the first attempt. Honestly not a tough fight at all, now to proceed through the lake backwards before I go back to Pontiff.

No clue how close to the actual end I am yet. Only level 62. Gotta try and do what I can before going back to nightshift come Monday.

Funnily enough I'm at almost the exact same position you're in! Level 62/63 (can't remember) and I've attempted Pontiff Sulyvahn a couple of times and died miserably.

I was getting so frustrated being a sorcerer and tonight I finally managed to re allocate my stats. Focussing more on strength/dexterity now and I'm enjoying the game so much more as a result. Should have really started as a knight as it suits my play style the most but hey ho.

Loving destroying everyone with my katana and finally being able to defend myself with a decent shield! Back in love with this game :grin:

Funnily enough I'm at almost the exact same position you're in! Level 62/63 (can't remember) and I've attempted Pontiff Sulyvahn a couple of times and died miserably.

I was getting so frustrated being a sorcerer and tonight I finally managed to re allocate my stats. Focussing more on strength/dexterity now and I'm enjoying the game so much more as a result. Should have really started as a knight as it suits my play style the most but hey ho.

Loving destroying everyone with my katana and finally being able to defend myself with a decent shield! Back in love with this game :grin:

You can ember up and summon a few NPCs to help out with the Pontiff. That's what I did to get past him. I am not gitgud yet.

You can ember up and summon a few NPCs to help out with the Pontiff. That's what I did to get past him. I am not gitgud yet.

Just defeated him tonight. Took me 3 tries and had to get the help of 2 others to get him down! Very happy that's all over and done with.

Been grinding a little since and helping others beat Pontiff. Level 65 now and it does feel good to help others beat him. Probably the hardest boss I've faced in the game so far.

The first DLC for the game is out in October.

Bandai Namco announced in Japanese video game magazines this week that Dark Souls III is getting its first DLC on October 26. It’ll feature new weapons, new magic, and a PvP-exclusive map.

In Japan the DLC will go for 1,200 yen, with a season pass for both the first and second DLC as a set for 2,000 yen. The season pass also includes an original PS4 theme. The screenshot from the magazine shows a new area covered in snow.

As far as the new weapons and magic go, there are images showing a great sword with colorless flames, magic that looks like an icy storm along with one that looks like a circular boomerang made of light. The new PvP-exclusive map is called “Immortal Competition.”

Anyone know if the co-op level restrictions are still in place?

I seem to remember in Bloodborne they updated it so you could co-op with a friend no matter what levels you were. I'm just wondering if something similar happened with DSIII.