NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Dark Souls III

Jesus, patch 1.06 completely ruined the look and feel of the game. I'm having aggro'd enemies pop in ten feet from my fucking face, and framerate dipping to 40 in Smouldering Lake, Irithyll and Lothric Castle. From Software y u break? WAI.

In other news, I fucking ruined the giant Shai Hulud down in the Lake. Took like ten hits off my +10 Lightning Onikiri and Ubadachi.

Edit: Also, hot tip you guys. When you get to Archdragon Peak, you will find a huge bell (not the first bell you see btw). If you ring the bell, your shit will get thoroughly ruined. Do not ring this bell. Don't do it.

Edited by The Bard

Made some more progress today.

Fuck the Dancer of the Boreal Valley. :blank: Gave me a lot more trouble than I'd like to admit.

Fought my way through two areas, have reached a wall of fog in one so a boss is near.

My Dark Sword is now at +9 and I levelled up quite a bit.

Good times.

Edit: Also, hot tip you guys. When you get to Archdragon Peak, you will find a huge bell (not the first bell you see btw). If you ring the bell, your shit will get thoroughly ruined. Do not ring this bell. Don't do it.

I'll keep that in mind.

Put together a video (ignore the horrible editing):

That first part...the enemy made me jump up my chair. The attack was just a reflex :laughing:

And that Dark Spirit...I was actually waiting for him to come back so I could ambush him...well...

Edited by drahkon

I've decided to respec, because I don't use magic anymore. Now makes me wish I didn't choose the Assassin as my class and went with Knight instead. Oh well...

Put 40 into strength, 26 into dexterity, got my HP up to 1000, increased stamina and equip load.

Currently wielding a +9 Great Machete. Quite a change from my usual playstyle, i.e. fast weapons. With this and my current stamina I can attack three times and then do nothing :D

Killed a boss at Archdragon Peak. I though that was the end of it, but there's more to explore. And I assume there's another boss.

I may go back to the main path (assuming Archdragon Peak is optional) for a bit and come back later.

I had an epic invasion.

Brutalitops was the MVP.

Edited by Daft

When I get this, touching that bell is now on my To-do list.

I was trying to read a message in front of the lever and instead rung the bell. Fuck my life.

After exploring all of Archdragon Peak I decided to ring the bell. Fuck me, my shit got thoroughly ruined. Need to practice a bit more.

Managed to make some progress in the non-optional area I'm in. Think I might be close to the end...

I completed it on the weekend, actually not that far off the Platinum. Just need to collect all the rings/spells/miracles/etc and get the hollowed ending.

Also, need to get the infusion one, which I thought I'd have by now...

I had an epic invasion.

Brutalitops was the MVP.

So when you're invaded, the invader can't be hurt by the usual enemies in the game but you can summon another player to help you out?

I recall from the first game that you could summon other players but only in certain instances, I'm assuming it's the same here?

I'm just genuinely curious about Dark Souls III as I have a feeling I'd enjoy playing it after seeing your experiences and others who are playing it currently, I have the same feeling about Bloodborne... perhaps I should start with that before venturing into Dark Souls III? For reference I've only ever played the first Dark Souls which I didn't finish... this game looks more refined somehow though.

Great video either way, thanks for sharing. : peace:

So when you're invaded, the invader can't be hurt by the usual enemies in the game but you can summon another player to help you out?

I recall from the first game that you could summon other players but only in certain instances, I'm assuming it's the same here?

I'm just genuinely curious about Dark Souls III as I have a feeling I'd enjoy playing it after seeing your experiences and others who are playing it currently, I have the same feeling about Bloodborne... perhaps I should start with that before venturing into Dark Souls III? For reference I've only ever played the first Dark Souls which I didn't finish... this game looks more refined somehow though.

So, if you're 'Embered' you can be invaded (as long as you haven't killed the boss of that area, I think). I've never invaded so I'm not 100% sure but I believe Invaders do not get attacked by the enemy so they generally try to pull you towards enemies. Having said that, there was an instance where I saw an invader getting attacked and he used that to pull the enemies towards us and set up an ambush, so it may be dependent on the Covenant you pick (you can change allegiance at any time).

In my video, this guy was helping me through the level when I was invaded so he helped me out. I don't think there is any other reason to be Embered (except for having a bit more health), so if you aren't looking specifically for co-op you don't have to risk getting invaded if you don't want.

I've only be invaded once while not with a friendly phantom helping me and I sent that little bitch home crying. :heh:

So you can only summon phantoms in an area where you haven't defeated the boss. You can put a summons down and help other players whenever you want, though. Great for farming Souls because if you die you don't lose your Souls.

I would say Dark Souls starts off a little harder than Bloodborne but becomes much easier. But that might just be me. And I would say it's definitely taken me both games to 'git gud'.

Yeah. Well, there's one notable exception. You can get a particular consumable twice per game - if you use it, the enemies will also attack the invader. One of the most fun items you can use.

There's actually quite a few ways to summon people now. You can equip an item (a covenant item) that makes it so that allies are automatically summoned if somebody invades you. You can also summon people if you are embered - you get embered by defeating a boss or using an ember item (including assisting other people by offering help as a summonable phantom). You lose ember status on death but it's generally very easy to be embered. In order to see the signs on the floor that let you summon, you must be embered.

I would start with Dark Souls - you have a shield and it's generally easier to co-op.

Is there a point of no return?

I've beaten the four Lords of Cinder but haven't placed the final Cinders, yet.

Currently farming for Souls to buy lots of materials. My Dark Sword is now at +10 :awesome: Is it worth upgrading Shields?

When you complete the game it'll ask if you want to start New Game+ (Or Journey 2, as it's called, I think) or to return to Firelink Shrine, where you can activate NG+ whenever you want.

Is there a point of no return?

I've beaten the four Lords of Cinder but haven't placed the final Cinders, yet.

Currently farming for Souls to buy lots of materials. My Dark Sword is now at +10 :awesome: Is it worth upgrading Shields?

It's worth upping your VIT a load and getting a greatshield for stability, as well as better armour. And yeah, every +1 to a shield is a +1 to stability so it's definitely worth it. Stamina in this game is very precious.

Just finished it. The last boss is always a bit of an anticlimax but I enjoyed the game, still one or two areas I haven't explored yet though.

It's worth upping your VIT a load and getting a greatshield for stability, as well as better armour. And yeah, every +1 to a shield is a +1 to stability so it's definitely worth it. Stamina in this game is very precious.

I'm already at Soul Level 102, so a level up takes a bit more than one of the farming runs I do (which gives me about 90k souls, if I remember correctly). I already have strength at 40, vigor at 28 and dex at 30something. The plan was to up vitality more. Will see how much grinding I can take :D

Will definitely upgrade a shield, then.

At Lothric castle again on my NG+, basically just optimising my PvP build. I don't understand why the game is making me hunt down all the bullshit umbral ash stuff again. Being able to buy unlimited Titanite chunks at the beginning of the game isn't exactly going to break it when I've already got five fully upgraded weapons in my arsenal.

Have I gone dumb? Didn't you use to leave the area completely and then come back to receive the item from the crow? I wasted a siegbrau doing that....

Tried doing some co-op a bit. First attempt I threw down my sign near Vordt...got dragged into Dancer. Died real damn quick that time.

Haven't touched this in days.

Really want to start NG+ but I also want to farm covenant items, which takes foooooreeeever...

Just went and completed the Abyss Watchers, one lord of cinder down. Fun fight and awesome music.

Question, what does farming covenant items do?

Do I need to do that for the platinum?

The only trophies I'm missing are the collect all gestures/sorceries/miracles/etc, the infusion one and the third ending, how easy is it to collect all that stuff?

I've completed the game but not started a New Game+ yet.

Question, what does farming covenant items do?

Do I need to do that for the platinum?

The only trophies I'm missing are the collect all gestures/sorceries/miracles/etc, the infusion one and the third ending, how easy is it to collect all that stuff?

You need to be at max covenant level for some covenants to get certain items (not sure which exactly but there are several sorceries/miracles to get).

Wish I had looked this up earlier because I can't seem to get summoned for some covenants (e.g. Blades of the Darkmoon) at my Soul Level. So I have to farm monsters for covenant items but the drop rates are horrible...

Edited by drahkon

Hmmm, that seems to have thrown a spanner in my Platinum plans.

Rusty Gold Coin and the Symbol of Avarice not help much?