NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Dark Souls III

It depends what your starting weapon is, but many of the base weapons are viable options when upgraded. If it handles well for you, there might be a reason to stick with it.

The Zweihander has a hilarious uppercut special that sends enemies soaring, but it's really hard to use and I can only see myself using the weapon here and there. Arstor's spear is OK but the katana is so versatile and user friendly that I'm reverting to that again. Really want to infuse it but I can't see the point at the moment. The refine gem balances the dex/strength scaling, effectively boosting the strength stat to C. Not exactly setting the world on fire, even with my high strength & dex (& faith) build.

Anyone know how to reach this item in Road of Sacrifices - a bunch of wizards are located near hear, and there's also a hole in the floor that drops you next to a mad cunt in the swamp.

IMG_0473.jpg

Trying to mop up some items/explore past areas more thoroughly after storming through several them.

Edited by dwarf

I reeeeaaally want this but it's sold out almost everywhere and at places where it's in stock it's crazy expensive :(

Anyone know how to reach this item in Road of Sacrifices - a bunch of wizards are located near hear, and there's also a hole in the floor that drops you next to a mad cunt in the swamp.

IMG_0473.jpg

Trying to mop up some items/explore past areas more thoroughly after storming through several them.

That's the room before the Witch boss. I noticed that last item night. I need to search the area more myself. I let you know if I find anything.

Question, why and how does your flask say +2. I reeeeeaally need to go back and explore more. Feel like I've got by every area by the skin of my teeth. I definitely levelled up much more in Bloodborne.

I've done that boss (& Abyss Watchers just now) but have had no luck reaching it. I keep looping back on myself. There is a little platform you can jump to from the top of the stairs but I don't think it leads to anything. Possibly an invisible wall somewhere but idk.

@Daft Estus:

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Undead+Bone+Shard

You'll probably have found some undead bone shards already, just go to the firelink shrine bonfire and you should be able to burn the shards there. Gives you more health per heal. Have you made sure to reinforce the estus flask by handing estus shards into Blacksmith Andre?

@Sheikah - I've upgraded the Dark Sword to +2 and infused it with hard gem. Will leave a review later.

Yeah that's what I did. I like the skill as it gives you really high poise.

Not even found the Abyss Watchers. Interesting.

Ah, I think I found one undead Bone Shard yesterday. Time to ease off progression and do some proper exploring, I think.

Yeah that's what I did. I like the skill as it gives you really high poise.

Does it allow you to tank through powerful attacks and deal damage? I don't really understand what context it is useful in.

Yeah, it stops you getting knocked about so you can just overpower the phantom wanker subtype of enemy. And invaders too.

I found this was a good weapon. PlayStation Radio UK liked it so much they made this video!

IMG_0473.jpg

IIRC, before you enter the room that you've pictured, there should be somewhere on the left hand side with a slight drop off, leading to a staircase. Those stairs will take you to the upper level of that particular room.

So I was listening to a Paradise Lost audiobook while playing as par course, and wasn't really paying particularly close attention because both the game and PL can be fairly demanding. Ran into the stray demon in Farron's Keep though, and this plays right as I kill the lil bitch -

Him the Almighty Power

Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky,

With hideous ruin and combustion down

To bottomless perdition, there to dwell

In adamantine chains and penal fire,

Who durst defy the Omnipotent to arms.

Explosive orgasm. Favourite gaming moment ever.

Seen a copy at a local store...

...and I bought it.

Thanks to the incredible internet speed at my mom's the patch will take 3 hours to download... :blank:

Well, time to prepare my mind and body. Can't wait to dive into a Souls' game again. :)

IIRC, before you enter the room that you've pictured, there should be somewhere on the left hand side with a slight drop off, leading to a staircase. Those stairs will take you to the upper level of that particular room.

Can confirm you are correct, I assumed the window dropped down to the area below but there is a staircase to the right leading to a guy that teaches sorceries.

Defeated High Lord Wolnir in the Catacombs and have swept all the loot from the poison swamp area at the Keep Ruins bonfire, which is a pain in the arse but worth it. Also did some sunlight medal grinding so I could get some nice miracles, only to find out you can only claim them from an area late in the game.

Now I have to choose between Cathedral of the Deep, more Catacombs exploration, or Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. The last of those regions is extremely pretty for about 5 seconds, and then something ugly happens. Would've shat myself had it not been for a warning message left by someone. Is there a way around the 'trouble' with a doll? Think there was a message about it.

Now I have to choose between Cathedral of the Deep, more Catacombs exploration, or Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. The last of those regions is extremely pretty for about 5 seconds, and then something ugly happens. Would've shat myself had it not been for a warning message left by someone. Is there a way around the 'trouble' with a doll? Think there was a message about it.

I'm not sure if that 'trouble' appears if you have the doll as I didn't have it at the time. Then again, even if you do beat that enemy when you get to the far end of the bridge you'll still not be allowed to enter Irithyll unless you have the doll. I wasn't best pleased to find that out after going to the trouble of cheesing that enemy.

Also worth pointing out that out of those areas you've got available, Irithyll is a considerable step up in difficulty so you're best off leaving that to last. Even then, you may get caught out by the sudden difficulty ramp. I know I was.

I'm quite far into the game and the one thing that has bothered me slightly is the lack of a weapon with a good base scaling for dex. I'm running with a pure Dex build and whilst I've seen some decent weapons with strength scaling there doesn't appear to be likewise for those that favour dex. Of course I could easily have missed one along the way.

I did eventually manage to get my Scimitar to 'A' scaling but it required levelling up and even then I had to infuse a sharp gem to get there but it does seem that strange that dex builds seemingly get the short end of the stick.

With all that said, currently rocking a Sharp Scimitar +9, Pontiff Curved Sword +4 and Fire Whip +6 or 7 as my main weapons and those seem to be getting the job done.

Edited by ThePigMarcher

47 minutes in, a couple of things:

The music is fucking amazing. I've had the title screen visible for almost 30 minutes now because the song is incredible.

I need to get rid of the Bloodborne-mentality...the first boss owned me three times because I was too agressive :laughing:

I did, however, manage to beat that ice beast in the beginning relatively easy and I defeated some kind of ninja or samurai and got his gear. Need one more point in strength and dexterity to wield that sword.

The class I chose: Assassin. I hope this will turn out to be a good choice. I figured that a nice mix of weapons and spells might be great. His sword is horrible, though...doesn't fit my playstyle at all.

Well, it's a Souls game alright. Love it :D

Edit: Spent an hour at High Wall of Lothric, lost my shit twice, my heart is still racing and I haven't even found the boss or even a shortcut.

Bought two sorceries and can't wait to try them out. Need to allot an Ashen Estus Flask, though.

Edited by drahkon

Managed to beat the boss of High Wall of Lothric just now. Intense :laughing: And that music...

Think I've missed a bit, though. There's a cell which needs a key to open...haven't found the key but I assume it can be found somewhere in this area.

Will go through the entire High Wall again and check every corner : peace:

3 1/2 hours in and I'm soooo hooked.

There is a key later on at the High Wall which gives you access to a prisoner cell, and the prisoner will sell you some dope items back at the Shrine. There is another locked door near that second bonfire in the tower which I haven't found anywhere in the game as of yet though. Anyone ( @ThePigMarcher ) know where that key is?

I've exhausted pretty much every area now apart from Irithyll and Smouldering Lake, both of which are going to be horrible, presumably. Have upgraded my Talisman and Dark Sword a fair amount now though, so should be ready.

Dark miracles be bitchin'.

There is a key later on at the High Wall which gives you access to a prisoner cell, and the prisoner will sell you some dope items back at the Shrine.

Found it : peace:

There is another locked door near that second bonfire in the tower which I haven't found anywhere in the game as of yet though. Anyone ( @ThePigMarcher ) know where that key is?

Noticed that door, too. I've just been given the "Lift Chamber Key" by Leonheart. No idea why. Maybe I found an item in the Undead Settlement that triggers this. He told me that there is a Darkwarith locked deep inside Lothric. Maybe its location is accessed via the locked door opened by the key I got.

Will check this out later after the Bundesliga match day.

Edit: The key worked.

Managed to find the Pyromancer. Not sure if I'll go with Pyromancy or Sorcery as an secondary means to deal damage.

By the way, the level design in Undead Settlement is absolutely astounding. I've opened up some shortuts and the way the different paths connect is incredible.

Think I'm very close to a boss fight, but there's still an area to explore. I'm pretty sure that I bought the key to open up that area.

Also found an Axe while exploring the High Walls of Lothric again. It's been my goto weapon for the entirety of the Undead Settlement. Not a good fit for an Assassin but until I find a more suitable weapon I'll stick with this.

I've read some talk about a Dark Sword in here. When will I find this? No spoilers please :D Will I find this quite soon?

Edited by drahkon

You won't find the dark sword unless you go looking for it. Most likely.

@The Bard Have you encountered that bullshit they've repeated from the original Dark Souls, by which I mean the sheer-drop walkways guarded by archers? It seems so doable, but then I cri evry tiem.

Edit: did it lul. Bullshit has definitely been toned down slightly

Edited by dwarf

Well, I accidentally looked up where I can find the sword :laughing: I was farming a Darkwraith at High Walls of Lothric for the Tower Key (20000 souls needed). He dropped Dark Gauntlets once. So I wanted to know what else he could drop...and there it was: The Dark Sword :D

Now if he could only give it to me...

What's so great about the Dark Sword? I got one and then infused it to make it a Refined Dark Sword. Was that a good idea?

Can someone explain to me how the scaling works? I'm pretty sure I'm not levelling my character up too efficiently.

Can someone explain to me how the scaling works? I'm pretty sure I'm not levelling my character up too efficiently.

Quick and easy example:

Dark Sword has a Strength scaling of C and Dex scaling of D.

The more points you have in either stat the more damage the weapon does. The better the scaling, the better the damage. S is best, then it ranks down from A to E.

I've given up on getting the Dark Sword for now...don't want the grind at the moment :D

Just managed to go through Road of Sacrifices. Fuck me that was horrifying.

So, going by this table, I would want a Lightening Dark Sword, with high Strength, Dexterity and Faith? How do multiple scalings work?

I'm going for a Str/Dex build at the moment.

So with my Refined Dark Sword I can do 207 dmg?

Surely it would be better to infuse it with an element like Fire so the damage is 181 + 181?