NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Dark Souls III

DS3-IGN-FINAL.jpg

I thought it was time to make the thread for this seeing as it's been pretty much confirmed now.

Apparently leaked screenies below:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

When I first saw this I was like: "That's way too early after Bloodborne and DS2 remaster."

Literally a second after that thought I said to myself: "LOL, it's Dark Souls III. It's never too early for that shit."

Cannot fucking wait.

Nice surprise this morning I've just received the game in the post!

Nice! The Game Collection by any chance? I know a few on Gaf had their copy ship from them yesterday.

Nice surprise this morning I've just received the game in the post!

Same, TheGameCollection. :)

Nice! The Game Collection by any chance? I know a few on Gaf had their copy ship from them yesterday.

Shopto

Had a quick play beat the first boss and done some exploring. It's beautiful and feels like a slightly faster and smoother dark souls!

Also received my copy this morning from The Game Collection.

I've done the first boss and opened up a bunch of shortcuts in the following area. I've also just discovered the second boss but made the rookie mistake of being greedy so failed against it so far. I say second boss but there appears to be three paths open to me which I'm yet to explore so who knows where those might lead.

Thankfully I managed to sustain my media blackout prior to the release and it feels great to be exploring a new Souls game, especially fresh and with no knowledge of what lies ahead. I made the mistake of seeing too much of the previous game before release and that led to quite some disappointment. In fact, I'd only just returned to it recently after not touching it since release.

I'm assuming the servers go live on Tuesday so I'm not sure just how much more I want to do before that time because, whilst I never summon help on my first playthroughs of any Souls games, it still feels very wrong to be playing offline.

Can't wait to hear how you all find this, it's excellent!

The servers came on yesterday so it's even more fun!

I don't even know what this game is. Whats it about? What kind of game is it?

You played Bloodborne yet? It's similar to that. It's made by the same developers, From Software.

You had Demons Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne and now Dark Souls 3.

A game where you die, a lot!

Comedy gold!

Edited by Cookyman

Absolutely loving this game at the moment. Have to say that I'll be very sad if this really is the last Souls-type game as the gameplay in these is like crack. Bloodborne 2 I hope!

Slowly piecing together the NPCs and world and admiring the stunning level design.

You played Bloodborne yet? It's similar to that. It's made by the same developers, From Software.

You had Demons Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne and now Dark Souls 3.

I've not played any of them. Would you say that I have to play the others in order to enjoy this game?

I've not played any of them. Would you say that I have to play the others in order to enjoy this game?

I jumped in at Bloodborne and was fine. That was a kind of spin-off but not game though.

Nah, you can pretty much play them in any order you want.

Adding to that, Demons Souls and Dark Souls 2 are essentially in their own world and story. Though with some possible connections. Dark Souls 3 is more or less a sequel to Dark Souls. But there really is no need to play in any order. And Bloodborne is a new series entirely with similar gameplay. (In the same manner that Shadow Tower games and Kings Field games are also different from Souls but similar.)

Absolutely loving this game at the moment. Have to say that I'll be very sad if this really is the last Souls-type game as the gameplay in these is like crack. Bloodborne 2 I hope!

Slowly piecing together the NPCs and world and admiring the stunning level design.

There's no way this will be the last game of its type from Miyazaki, but I really hope they try their hand at something totally different and give us a few years of space between this and (hypothetically) Bloodborne 2 or DS4.

Anyway, playing it right now and I'm already completely enamoured with it.

Fuck it, can't bear to see everyone talk about this and not have it myself.

Ordered.

must... resist... temptation....

Don't resist. It's a really fuckin' great game.