NEurope
Sméagol

[game] Super Riot Mafia or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

Super Riot Mafia or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

Shamelessly stealing subtitles! Who's going to stop me?

Welcome to the second riot mafia! Hope you have fun!

Rules

Gameflow

There are no day and night cycles! Turns last 72 hours (although this is open to debate). Deadlines are generally at 00:00 CET / 23:00 UK, unless stated otherwise. This depends on my other plans that day, although I'll generally keep the deadlines where they are, but delay the actual write-ups if necessary. If a majority has been reached for a lynch, the next turn will start the next day.

Votes

The usual way. You can vote one person to be lynched during the dayphase. This calls for an absolute majority, which means a number of votes equal to at least 50 % of all active players, rounded down, plus one.

Roles

There are no pre-determined roles. Your role PM will only specify your alignment, either town or mafia.

Win conditions

The usual, town needs to eliminate all mafia members, mafia needs to match or outnumber town.

Abilities

Each turn, you may perform one active ability. In addition, you may enable one passive ability during the game, which you can change once per turn.

Active abilities

An active ability is an action you perform. During the turn, you may send me a PM with the ability you wish to perform. You have a high amount of freedom of what you can choose, although there are limits. Generally speaking, an active ability consists of: target + effect (+ optional conditions). Below are some restrictions.

No more than one ability of its kind performed by anyone each turn

An active ability cannot be performed twice by anyone within the same turn. This also applies to abilities which are not exactly the same, but very similar. What is deemed "very similar" will be up to me. In general, the effect will the deciding factor in comparing abilities. Abilities are handed out on a first come, first served basis. So for example, there will be no mass investigations by town, or mass killings by mafia.

One target

A target is generally required for an active ability, but you may not have more than one, unless you can convince me otherwise, in case its necessary for the ability to perform (a target switcher would be a tradional example). Targets will generally be other players, but this may not always be the case.

One effect

You can't have more than one main effect. I may make exceptions for tradional mafia roles, though I think I want to phase this out. A jailkeeper would be an example, which has both a protect and roleblock effect. Although it can only have one main effect, some lesser side effects may be allowed. I have also decided not to allow any alignment altering effects.

Passive abilities

Passive abilites, as opposed to active abilities, are always active, and wait for an event to trigger to enable some effect. Passive abilities are therefore generally defined as trigger + effect (+ optional conditions). Simple examples of triggers would be when you're targeted or when you die. Passive abilites share the same restrictions as active abilities. No two players can't have the same, or similar passive abilities. The effect will be the deciding factor. It can only have one main effect. If your passive ability has a target, it can only have one.

Ability timings

Once accepted, your active abilities will take effect immediately, and if concerning a continuous effect, going forward until the end of the turn. Effects won't be applied retroactively.

What if my ability gets rejected?

Often I will reject abilites in this game where you can do anything! I may or may not elaborate on the specific reason for rejection, but know in advance there are 3 possible reasons:

- The ability, or one which is very similar, has already been claimed by someone else. The most common reason.

- I may think it's overpowered.

- You're asking too much of me. Your request may not be practical, and I'm lazy.

Some tips: I like to be technical, so be specific, but simultaneously keep it simple.

Feedback

Info will be on a need-to-know basis. You don't get feedback unless necessary. This means you'll get feedback when you use an investigation ability, or when your abilities or someone else's cause status changes. Otherwise you won't get any.

Your host, Sméagol!

May as well come out with it.. I have an NPC status. I may or may not have an active and/or passive ability of my own! I do not count towards win conditions, nor do I have any my own. Well, ok, I have one: I win when at the end everyone had a good time! /cringe

Miscellaneous

A lot of the usual rules don't apply.

- You may edit your posts.

- You may post when dead.

- You may PM eachother (but please add me as a recipient!)

- You may quote PMs.

- You may even post when you're not in the game!

Unlike the previous game though, you can't post during the night.

Improvisation and balance

This game requires a lot of improvisation. I have rules, but there will always be exceptions. I decide things on a case-by-case basis, and may not always do things consistently. This is something you'll have to accept. This also means I may not decide things the same way as in the previous game. I may allow things I have rejected in the previous game, and vice versa. In fact, I have not decided if I'm going to be more strict, or more liberal this game. Let's find out, how exciting!

With improvisation being such a big factor in this game, the most important rule of them all is:

Rules are subject to change

[00] Sméagol

[01] Jonnas

[02] Cube

[03] The Peeps

[04] ReZourceman - town - killed turn 1

[05] Tales

[06] Rummy

[07] DuD

[08] JimBob

[09] EEVILMURRAY

Black denotes active players.

Grey denotes dead players.

Turn 1

Start of day 1

There are 9 active players.

Absolute majority is 5.

Deadline is 12-06-2015 00:00 CET (11-06-2015 23:00 UK)

[countdown=06/12/2015 12:00 AM;Deadline has passed: turn 2 has started]Count down:[/countdown]

[00] Sméagol

[01] Jonnas

[02] Cube

[03] The Peeps

[04] ReZourceman

[05] Tales

[06] Rummy

[07] DuD

[08] JimBob

[09] EEVILMURRAY

Edited by Sméagol

I have been drunk, tired, and Splatooning with no time to catch up on either traditional mafias or the original of this so feeling super rusty! Hopefully my recent games of Resistance a few weekends ago will keep me going. For now, I'm gonna go to my mum's house and give her a lift whilst I go to work....then I'll be back(yes this may take a slightly priority in the work day's to-do list ;))!

Ola...

So, ummm yes. Should be interesting. For now, Vote: No Lynch.

I found out ReZ is town. Of course, now I see from the master list that he died when nobody was looking.

@Sméagol, do we have a timestamp for when ReZ died?

Hmm. I made anyone target me target ReZourceman instead. Sorry if I caused that, brah.

Hmm. I made anyone target me target ReZourceman instead. Sorry if I caused that, brah.

Was the opposite true as well, or is it just people who wanted to target you?

I sent my target pretty early, so I may have got the result before you sent yours, but it's best to confirm, for anybody else.

Was the opposite true as well, or is it just people who wanted to target you?

I sent my target pretty early, so I may have got the result before you sent yours, but it's best to confirm, for anybody else.

Just me to ReZourceman. So the "town" result you got wasn't for me.

I found out ReZ is town. Of course, now I see from the master list that he died when nobody was looking.

@Sméagol, do we have a timestamp for when ReZ died?

Why not ask him? :)

Vote count

No lynch [1]: Jimbob

Not voting [7]: Jonnas / Cube / The Peeps / Tales / Rummy / DuD / EEVILMURRAY

There are 8 active players.

Absolute majority is 5.

Majority has not been reached.

Deadline is 12-06-2015 00:00 CET (11-06-2015 23:00 UK)

[countdown=06/12/2015 12:00 AM;Deadline has passed: turn 2 has started]Count down:[/countdown]

Edited by Sméagol

As in: ReZ when did you die?

Did someone fuck with my vote? Apparently I'm not voting and the guy I'm voting for is dead?

Edited by DuD
Automerged Doublepost

Why not ask him? :)

Huh, didn't think he knew the exact time.

Yo, @ReZourceman, could you say whatever it is you know about your untimely demise?

I well forgot about this when I got to work and actually did some actual work(leave does that to you). I was about to make a joke post saying I'm just gonna go kill ReZ now I'm here but ironically it's already happened. Presuming that's just the mafia's kill?

Greetings from the great beyond.

I can confirm I have been murdered.

However, the person who did it....tremble with fear for I have been made more powerful than you can POSSIBLY imagine.

I was MURDERED (spitefully) at around 12:34am, which means that the nasty people or person who did it was quick off the mark.

Avenge me my friends.

I sent my PM before that. So, I guess being the early bird ended up making my action useless, unfortunately (I wonder if the mafia somehow did that on purpose. Any conspiracy theory can be true in this game)

Guys, the game is still young, and we don't have much to talk about yet. If anybody has any info, please reveal it ASAP.

I have no info to add. I attempted a Jonnas-esque kill.. denied. I attempted to redirect.. denied. I ended up covering myself by making myself untargetable.

I tried a redirection but it appears I was late to the party. I'm going to have to be lucky to get my target in first in this game I think, or I should just try things that don't need speed...

Similar to Peeps and being torn between Splatoon and here I've really struggled in getting an ability allowed! Think I got accepting for something last night, but no info from it to give right now sadly.

What's everyone thinking? Anyone got anything on anyone? Anyone got some suggestions for me to do next phase given I'm sucking so bad??

Oh poo, forgot to send anything in as i've been a little pre-occupied with family. So i've got nothing so far, sorry chaps.

Oh poo, forgot to send anything in as i've been a little pre-occupied with family. So i've got nothing so far, sorry chaps.

I suggest reading the rules.

My ability was accepted, whether it yields anything is another story though.

My ability was accepted, whether it yields anything is another story though.

Cool story. What was it?

A PM read, though I guess it depends on whether the PM exists - hence the waiting to hear back.

End of turn 1

Final vote count

No lynch [1]: Jimbob

Not voting [7]: Jonnas / Cube / The Peeps / Tales / Rummy / DuD / EEVILMURRAY

Absolute majority is 5.

Majority has not been reached.

Town refrained from lynching anyone

Start of turn 2

Absolute majority is 5.

Deadline is 15-06-2015 00:00 CET (14-06-2015 23:00 UK)

[countdown=06/15/2015 12:00 AM;Deadline has passed: turn 3 has started]Count down:[/countdown]

[00] Sméagol

[01] Jonnas

[02] Cube

[03] The Peeps

[04] ReZourceman - town - killed turn 1

[05] Tales

[06] Rummy

[07] DuD

[08] JimBob

[09] EEVILMURRAY