NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Tales of Berseria (PS3, PS4)

ToB-PS4-PS3-Ann-Init-600x272.jpg

First Tales for PlayStation 4 stars female lead

Bandai Namco announced Tales of Berseria for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 during the Tales of Festival today.

The game features character design by matsumi Inomata, as well as Kosuke Fujishima. Ufotable will be handling the animated cutscenes.

ToB-PS4-PS3-Ann-Init_002-600x337.jpg

Berseria stars a female protagonist named Velvet (voiced by Rina Sato). She looks a bit like Milla from Tales of Xillia with black hair. In a trailer shown at the event, we see Velvet trapped in prison. In another scene, she is riding something like a ship. Later on, we see snow and grassy plains, as well as oceans in the ship scene.

Visit the game’s teaser website here:

http://talesofberseria.tales-ch.jp/

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/tales-berseria-announced-ps4-ps3

Sounds great. Another weird name though, like the one that comes out this year that I can't remember the name of :p

Stop this shizzle and work on getting Zestiria out first!

Probably not what you want but a Tales of Zestiria anime series has just been announced

It's looking good :)

I just hope it doesn't suffer from camera issues like Zestiria did especially in multiplayer.

Confirmed for a release on 27th January.

So that's this, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7, Persona 5 and Horizon in the first two months of next year. Insane line up!

That's a lot earlier than I thought. Figured it would arrive in the fall at the very least. Anyway great news in the flood of delays. Looking forward to this more than ever since the last two didn't appeal to me.

Confirmed for a release on 27th January.

So that's this, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7, Persona 5 and Horizon in the first two months of next year. Insane line up!

For me include Fate/Extella and my poor wallet.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I'm going to keep it standard. Not fussed about this collectors edition, the fact we haven't gotten the novel the States has makes that a deal breaker.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Haven't played a Tales game in a looooong time. Might give this is go :) Looks decent enough. But I think I'll wait for a price drop.

Big fan of the franchise so I'm really looking forward to this, hopefully it'll be better than Zestiria which I've not felt and still haven't been motivated to finish.

There is a brief demo on the Japanese store (which I believe we're also getting) and the combat seems just as solid as you'd expect from the series.

Looking forward to this a lot since I didn't enjoy the last one. Pre-ordered the Collector's Edition a while ago, think the content is pretty good for the price compared to CEs for bigger games.

I was in the mood for replaying Symphonia, but with my GameCube more or less dead (and using the Wii not very practical), I may get Zestiria in the sale and then pre-order this one. I need my JRPG fix.

I was in the mood for replaying Symphonia, but with my GameCube more or less dead (and using the Wii not very practical), I may get Zestiria in the sale and then pre-order this one. I need my JRPG fix.

The Symphonia games are on PS3 now as well.

If you can, also get Graces f.

Need to see if Grainger nearby will do the collectors edition...

I don't have a PS3. I still plan to get one some day, but I intend to get Zestiria and Berseria on Steam. I will never stop being pissed at Namco for not releasing Graces in Europe, so I'll never get Graces F. And I prefer to get my Cube fixed and playing it on the Wii in the meantime, rather than rebuying Symphonia on another platform.

Out of curiosity, but what are the favourite and least favourite Tales games here? I was trying to find out if Zestiria was worth it, but every Google hit I checked had some different opinion. I've never seen opinions on the best games from a series vary so wildly. There are actually people who think Symphonia isn't that great.

They did release Graces f in Europe.

My personal favourite in the Tales series is Vesperia, granted we didn't get the enhanced PS3 port (I wanted to get to know Patty) but without it the story is one of my all time favourites, unfortunately for me because we got it on a handheld my least favourite is Abyss.

Sign in to follow this