NEurope
Daft

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

Finished Unchartered 2 this evening. I thought the game was fantastic. I enjoyed the first one but this felt better and didnt't seem to be dated. I loved the range of locations and the puzzles. I thought there were less set piece shooting than the first one which is good in my eyes. I liked the puzzles, and enjoyed the climbing. The start to this game was really good and the end boss was also better than the first game.

I noticed that the difficulty spiked up all of a sudden. Can't remember what chapter it was but I got used to it as I learnt what enemies to kill off first and what weapons were best to use. I did also think the weapons were better in this game and more thought were needed as to which one would be more appropriate to use.

Yeah, so I loved it. Up there with Tomb Raider in my eyes.

Looking forward to starting the 3rd game.

Also Chloe is definitely the better of the two!

Uncharted 2 is a quality game (and also the best Uncharted game). Glad you enjoyed it. :)

SO not the best Uncharted game ;)

Elena ftw.

Damn I feel like playing some Uncharted again. That music. But probs best to wait til 4!

I would have to say that I enjoyed 3 just as much, if not more than 2.

I do think that the series gets better with each game. I felt that 2 was a huuuuuuge improvement on 1 and 3 also felt like an improvement on 2. Really excited to see if 4 lives up to the hype.

Glad that you enjoyed it, @Blade! :D There are some superb moments in each game. I fucking looooved the opening of 2! Really dramatic.

I finished off Uncharted 3 yesterday.

Again I really enjoyed it. I've loved playing all three of the games. Such a good collection.

So about Uncharted 3. It started off a bit slow, had a great middle and then a bit of a boring end. I found that chapter where you are staggering through the desert just plain dull. Also, where was my final show down? It ended just randomly, I was like "oh is that it". I quite like a final showdown/boss fight as you feel that you have come to the end. To end the game in a fist fight where you press buttons when prompted was just disappointing.

I loved the puzzles in this game and there appeared to be more of them. The gun fights/shooting were also less tiresome and repetitive compared to the other entries. I didn't appreciate the sudden hike in difficulty.

Overall, its a really good game in an excellent series. I get the inpression with Uncharted 3 is that the developers got bored towards the end. I still really enjoyed it though!

Roll on Uncharted 4!

Again I really enjoyed it. I've loved playing all three of the games. Such a good collection.

So about Uncharted 3. It started off a bit slow, had a great middle and then a bit of a boring end. I found that chapter where you are staggering through the desert just plain dull. Also, where was my final show down? It ended just randomly, I was like "oh is that it". I quite like a final showdown/boss fight as you feel that you have come to the end. To end the game in a fist fight where you press buttons when prompted was just disappointing.

I loved the puzzles in this game and there appeared to be more of them. The gun fights/shooting were also less tiresome and repetitive compared to the other entries. I didn't appreciate the sudden hike in difficulty.

Overall, its a really good game in an excellent series. I get the inpression with Uncharted 3 is that the developers got bored towards the end. I still really enjoyed it though!

Roll on Uncharted 4!

So in short...

not as good as Uncharted 2.

Correct conclusion. ;)

Nope nope, 3 is definitely better than 2. I'm fairly certain they went with a fisticuffs final battle because there was an amount of bitching about Bosses in the previous game. I don't know how much bitching, but I know I think the battles were bullshit with bulletsponge armor.

I'm further in the minority that I maintain that the shooting in all 3 games is rubbish. Last of Us was pretty good though.

And trudging through the desert being boring, well yeah kinda. I think they were going for the typical juxtaposition to Action part of the game. Which is normally platforming....which its kinda tough to platform a desert I guess.

I finally picked up the collection though (I've never beaten the first game so this is a good enough opportunity) annnnnd the disc hasn't left the case in the month I've had it. Pretty sure I pulled off the cellophane though.

I liked the wandering in the desert.

Also, that market chase section that precedes it is bloody awesome. Love that setting.

I never did play 3... is this well priced anywhere. LAME had it for like over forty quid today! No chance.

I never did play 3... is this well priced anywhere. LAME had it for like over forty quid today! No chance.

£24.43 at Amazon at the moment.

HERE

Edited by Hero-of-Time

£24 on Amazon :)

Get is @Aneres11

They are really quality games! I played then back to back and really enjoyed them.

Yeah I'm gonna pick it up.

I've played 1 and 2, liked them both. But have no real desire to play them 2 again, (1 more so. That last section... :shakehead: ) it's more for 3 which I never got round to.

But I'll prob end up giving them a bash after Resident Evil. :)

Roll on Uncharted 4!

I actually preferred the ending of this to the ending section of the other two games. I'm not one for boss fights and the ones in Uncharted aren't amazing. I liked how the ending segment played out.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Finally got round to playing this and just did the first couple of chapters of Uncharted 1. Have to say I'm not really feeling it. The game must be very old and it certainly plays like it. Nowhere near the polish or quality of something like Tomb Raider. I'll press on and hopefully things will get better, as I appreciate I'm still barely an hour into the game.

Finally got round to playing this and just did the first couple of chapters of Uncharted 1. Have to say I'm not really feeling it. The game must be very old and it certainly plays like it. Nowhere near the polish or quality of something like Tomb Raider. I'll press on and hopefully things will get better, as I appreciate I'm still barely an hour into the game.

It is pretty old. 2007 was its release date, so we're close to a decade. It is a bit ropey in places, but still good fun. 2 and 3 are a huuuuuuuge improvement.

Tomb Raider borrowed a lot of stuff from this, which in turn is almost a spiritual successor to the original Tomb Raider games. IT'S THE CIIIIIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIFE.

@Ronnie Can see where you're coming from with 1, but there's much to love. The setting I think is great, but for me Uncharted 1 is defined by the characters. The gameplay is what it is, it has it's lows and also some great highs... but I'd be surprised if you didn't come out of it having fallen for the journey you've been on with these guys.

Played Uncharted 1 last year, I was very unimpressed and felt like I had to force my way through to the end. Compared to it's contemporary, Gears of War, the cover system seemed so much more primitive and the gun play much less refined. I couldn't understand why the recent Tomb Raider games were compared unfavourably to the Uncharted series, they seemed much better.

Dusted off the collection last week for something new to play. Uncharted 2 initially seemed like more of the same, but quickly got much better. The story was much more interesting, graphics got a big upgrade and the locations are much more varied. Still not a huge fan of the aiming or enemies being bullet sponges, but the good far outweighs the negatives. It kept me busy every evening for the last week, I'm definitely an Uncharted fan now. :grin:

Started Uncharted 3 this evening. It seems like another step up in presentation, looks ridiculously good for a last gen game. Picked up a sawn off shotgun early on, is that a cheeky nod to Gears of War 3? Going back to the parallel I made earlier, whereas I felt Gears fizzled out after the first game, Uncharted just keeps getting better. 

• Thanks 1