NEurope
Daft

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

Hnnnnng, the second game is awesome.

I fell in love right from the introduction.

This area reminds me a lot of a location that you'd spot out of The Last of Us. Graphically, it looks very similar and you can see the inspiration there.

Really enjoying this. Can't wait to play moaaar after the football.

I thought the same about various locations when playing through these games again. I wouldn't be surprised if some unused stuff got put in TLOU.

Chloe > Every man, woman and child in the world.

Wish I still had the video of me pissing on Dwarf and Cooky on Unch 2 co-op.

I would destroy both Chloe and Elena. Fuck choosing. They're both pretty hhhhnnnnnnnngggg. Woodbury/10

Speaking of Hnnnnngggggg: Uncharted 2 is sublime. I enjoyed the first, but I'm loving this. Maybe that's because I understand the mechanics and gameplay more after playing the first game? Or maybe because it's just a better game. It's fucking ridiculous at times, but I love that. Just plain silly. Give me moooaaaar.

I actually think I may be one of the people who had a better experience with Drake's Fortune than Among Thieves, but I honestly can't remember why ::shrug:

I already owned Drake's Deception before clearing the second game but, as has been suggested by several of you, I took a considerable break before delving into the third game recently. I'm not sure of specific reasons why but I certainly felt like I was drained a little after Among Thieves and didn't want to go straight into the sequel.

As it currently stands, around 70% in on PS3, I'm enjoying it but the special experience I had with The Last of Us seems to be casting a shadow over Naughty Dog's previous work, despite them being unrelated.

Also, Chloe is just.. yuck..

Chloe > Every man, woman and child in the world.

Wish I still had the video of me pissing on Dwarf and Cooky on Unch 2 co-op.

Chloe's a bit skanky :p

Well I decided to make a start on Uncharted 3 tonight and have already had more fun in just the first hour than probably the whole of Uncharted 2! :o

What a fantastic opening! :awesome: Had me grinning like a nutter the entire time. :D

That bar fight... Bloody hilarious.

:bowdown: And Charlie Cutter, what a quality character. :laughing:

Playing as young Drake and finding out how he first met Sully was awesome too!

Early days yet, but this has the potential to be my favourite of the lot, I reckon. :)

Will definitely be back on-board the hype train for Uncharted 4 as well, if 3 continues being this rad. :yay:

BTW, this popped up while I was playing:

2Jul32q.jpg

LOL, I got some work to do. :heh:

Didn't notice anything like that during the first 2 games though, is it only a feature of the third one?

BTW, this popped up while I was playing:

2Jul32q.jpg

LOL, I got some work to do. :heh:

Didn't notice anything like that during the first 2 games though, is it only a feature of the third one?

I seen it pop up a few times through all the games. Saying that, you got the game super early, so you would have had no scores to compare to. :D

I seen it pop up a few times through all the games. Saying that, you got the game super early, so you would have had no scores to compare to. :D
Ah yeah, that makes sense.

Well, I look forward to seeing these stats during my playthrough of Uncharted 3. :)

Yeah, I've had stats constantly pop up. It's pretty cool.

Not started Uncharted 2 yet, planning to soon.

I've finished the second game. :D

Really enjoyed it. Miiiiiles better than the first game, in my opinion. Everything looks gorgeous, but the clincher for me was the variation in environments. I don't feel like they neglected the details in each area, you can tell a hell of a lot of care went into crafting each particular location. Borneo was stunning to look at, but I enjoyed any of the mountain parts. :)

I have similar criticisms to the first game in the sense that the gunplay can be a bit tedious when you have what seems like an endless amount of enemies to kill. But, I feel that this is a less of an issue here compared to the first game. The boss fight at the end isn't great, but I'm not a fan of them in general. Aside from that, I thought everything else was great.

Chloe has one hell of an arse! Hnnnngggggg.

Looking forward to the third game. I can totally understand why the second game is rated so highly. In the top bracket for its genre.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Finished Uncharted 3 last night.

Sure enough it did eventually suffer from the same kind of issues I had with Uncharted 2, plus quite possibly some of the worst difficulty spikes I've ever encountered in a video game! :o Seriously, chapters 12-15... What in the hell? :heh: Did they playtest this thing? ::shrug:

Even so, I still preferred it to Uncharted 2 overall, and would have enjoyed it more than the first game, if it hadn't of got ridiculous with the difficulty from chapter 12 onward.

So yeah, I'd probably rate the games like so, 1 > 3 > 2. But it's real close between 1 and 3.

As for the Chloe vs Elena debate :hehe: that was also close in Uncharted 2, but in 3... well, Chloe looks like she's had a botched face-lift, so yeah, Elena all the way. :laughing:

Anyway, my faith in Uncharted 4 is kinda restored, but I still have the suspicion that it could end up with similar issues. :hmm:

If I've picked up on one thing about Naughty Dog after my time with The Last of Us, and the Uncharted games, it's that while they're incredibly talented when it comes to presentation, they're severely lacking in some fundamental areas of game design. And while Zazz is cool and all, I'd much rather play a game that was also well designed and fun to play from start to finish.

I do like how they at least seem to recognise their faults and make fun of them in-game though :grin::

XdiA2WA.jpg

To end this post, a couple of GIFs from my gameplay on Uncharted 3. The first one is an epic moment, the second is also pretty epic, but for very different reasons. :D

Gotta love the PS4's share button. :awesome:

Oh and a couple of funny pics I snapped:

Pretty sure everyone does this, but there you go :p

FI7ZSeT.jpg

Shame the enemies reaction to this move wasn't realistic. It could've done wonders for adding some much needed balance to the gameplay! ;)gOWj6wq.jpg

Completed Uncharted 1 for the first time last night. Really enjoyed it, although I think it did get a little too shooty towards the end - I like climbing things!

I actually found it was more similar to The Last of Us than I was expecting, the combat mechanics and especially...

When all the zombies appeared! Felt a little out of place with the rest of the game to be honest, but they were fun to kill!

Think I got 42/60 treasures, is it worth going back to collect them all? Seems to be quite a lot of unlockables in this game to play with, so may have to go treasure hunting and play around with a few of the bonuses. Looking forward to playing the rest of the series.

I'm about 2/3rds of the way through Uncharted 3 and it's absolutely fucking awesome.

I've just done chapters 14 and 15, where you're escaping the ship. Fucking wonderful sequence escaping that ship. 10/10 woodplayagain.

The first game is decent, but the second and third games are just so fucking great. I hope the game doesn't fall off a cliff now and suck balls.

Also, I lowered the difficulty right at the start. Not the easiest difficulty, but the one below the default. I figured that I'm not playing it for the trophies, but I just want to enjoy it, do some awesome stuff, blow up some people and get to the end. I think it might be the right way to play this game. I've found it the most enjoyable to play.

Finished the game yesterday! Blitzed through to the end. I'm definitely thinking that this is my favourite Uncharted game and one of my favourites ever.

The ending for this is a lot less...crazy than the other two games. You have those djinn soldiers, but there was no shitty boss fight or things didn't get absurd like they did in the first game.

The desert location at the end was stunning. Absolutely fantastic.

That plane sequence was great, including the car on the runway bit beforehand.

Escaping the ship was just fantastic! :D

Music was gorgeous. Characters were funny, yet had depth to them. Visually, it's one of the finest games I've played.

Playing it on an easier difficulty is the way to go. Less hassle.

There are still one or two moments where they pack in a few too many enemies for my liking, although this was nowhere near as bad as the other games. It felt fine here except for that one sequence in the desert a few moments after you've rescued Sully. Before you get to the gates/doorway.

The ship graveyard section is terrible. But, what follows it eventually makes up for it. Still, worst part of the game for me.

...that's about it really. I loved everything else.

My order for the games goes 3>2>1. Although, I might have preferred the locations in two? I'm not sure yet. Will play through them all again at some point.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Having never played the series before I nabbed a copy of this in the xmas sales.

I finished the first one yesterday and loved it. I found that the gameplay is now a bit dated and Tomb Raider really pushes the genre. I do realise that this was first released in 2007 though!

I did really enjoy it! I loved the puzzles (I wanted more of them), the shooting did become a bit tedious. I did also enjoy the mood change at the end. Although some say it doesn't fit in the rest of the game I thought it fitted in with the story and what it was trying to achieve really well.

Will be starting the second tonight I think.

Finished Unchartered 2 this evening. I thought the game was fantastic. I enjoyed the first one but this felt better and didnt't seem to be dated. I loved the range of locations and the puzzles. I thought there were less set piece shooting than the first one which is good in my eyes. I liked the puzzles, and enjoyed the climbing. The start to this game was really good and the end boss was also better than the first game.

I noticed that the difficulty spiked up all of a sudden. Can't remember what chapter it was but I got used to it as I learnt what enemies to kill off first and what weapons were best to use. I did also think the weapons were better in this game and more thought were needed as to which one would be more appropriate to use.

Yeah, so I loved it. Up there with Tomb Raider in my eyes.

Looking forward to starting the 3rd game.

Also Chloe is definitely the better of the two!