NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sheikah

Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories (Wii U, PC, iOS/Android)

jpg

Seeds of Memories is due this winter and is "inspired by the old-school gameplay of the very first games" and hopes to bring about "a sense of nostalgia, along with exciting gameplay twists."

Due winter, apparently (likely in Japan).

I'm interested. Loved HM back in the day and always felt like the handheld versions weren't as good as the console versions (HM64 and Back to Nature were awesome, and A Wonderful Life had real scope).

I'm hoping it doesn't go too far down the path of mobile-esque farmville games, which by the sounds of things it won't because they're aiming to capture what the first games had. Colour me excite!

Love a good Harvest Moon game so I'm looking forward to seeing more on this!

Bear in mind that this isn't really Harvest Moon...

The real Harvest Moon games (AKA Bokujō Monogatari in Japan) are currently titled Story of Seasons in the west. Natsumi (the publisher who owns the Harvest Moon name in the west) and Marvelous AQL (the original developer) had a falling out; with Natsumi now making their own farming sim games that they're using the Harvest Moon name for, while the original developer is carrying on making Bokujō Monogatari games under a new brand for the west since Natsumi have hijacked the Harvest Moon name.

Interesting choice of platforms here, but I can't condone Natsumi's scummy practices here with them trying to cash in on someone else's brand behind their back.

Are all the Harvest Moon tropes still there in this spin off then? As long as they are, I'm not too bothered. :heh:

I haven't played a Harvest Moon title since the Gamecube era, for me once the series reached that point I was more than happy with it, so no need to buy any more of them.

Judging by the way things went after that between the companies I'm glad that A Wonderful Life is the last Harvest Moon game I've played, I always thought that the newer games didn't look right; now I know why. :)

I haven't played a Harvest Moon title since the Gamecube era, for me once the series reached that point I was more than happy with it, so no need to buy any more of them.

Judging by the way things went after that between the companies I'm glad that A Wonderful Life is the last Harvest Moon game I've played, I always thought that the newer games didn't look right; now I know why. :)

A New Beginning on 3DS was the last game titled "Harvest Moon:______" that was an actual Bokujō Monogatari game from the original developer. Supposedly it's really good too! (I've not played it myself, but a lot of people seem to consider it the best one since Friends of Mineral Town on GBA)

But yeah, from there on, the real Bokujō Monogatari series now goes by the name Story of Seasons in the west (just came out on 3DS in the U.S a few months ago; hasn't hit EU shores yet though)

Thanks for clearing up the naming issue. I might consider this game but don't want it if it's from a western developer. I played the SNES version through a few times, now I have Harvest Moon 64 to tackle. Also really wanted to get into Friends of Mineral Town girl version, but I felt that the time runs far too quickly in the game (kind of same in HM64), this wasn't an issue in SNES version where time stops during night, leaving you free to explore and stuff. Gamecube version had long days I think.

Sign in to follow this