NEurope
liger05

Monster Hunter Generations

I love the evasion move. I tend to hold them back for when a beast does a roar. Narga will obliviously stun you but using the evade move I can just fly through the roar and get a few cheeky hits in. :)

Yeah, I noticed you using that in our Nargacuga hunt, mainly because I was doing the same thing, very satisfying when you pull it off. I can just imagine how much use it'll be once you master when to dodge with monster attacks.

It's especially useful with Sword & Shield (And I imagine it's a god-send with Dual Blades) though, due to how quickly you can dodge after performing a slash, there have been quite a few moments when I've been hacking away at a monster, it tries to attack and I just Insta-evade right out of there. It kinda reminds me of playing Bayonetta, strangely enough.

But then, with Aerial style, the Sword & Shield can pull off two aerial attacks instead of the one every other weapon does. Anyone who played with me on 4U could tell you that I'm pretty good at mounting monsters, and this makes it even easier to pull off.

I suppose I could just switch between the two depending on the monster, Aerial would be more useful with monsters like Duramboros or Gravios.

The only issue with these styles is that I'm stuck with the rubbish Shield Bash attack instead of the Lateral Slash I prefer. And I can only use one Hunter Art. That second point is not much of an issue in the demo, but I can imagine there being some pretty amazing Hunter Arts in the full game.

It's a really hard choice...

Right, @Ugh first aid would like to play the demo tonight.

Would anyone like to help us with some hunts? Say around 8pm?

I would but that's when the England match is on.

I would but that's when the England match is on.

Ah, football. Wouldn't have known that.

Well, provided no-one shows, how about 10 pm then?

I went on and give the Charge Blade Striker Style a go... didn't get to use an Art as I killed the monster just as it charged.

The Charge Blade is still an absolute beast of a weapon, even if it has been nerfed a little from MH4.

That Prowler run animation really doesn't work with Toon Link...

Naturally, this means I approve!

That Prowler run animation really doesn't work with Toon Link...

Naturally, this means I approve!

(Shouldn't this thread have a change of title?)

Yes, yes it should.

@Ike! Get in here and change the goddamn title to Monster Hunter Generations! You lazy bum!

Please, please, please. I'm sorry for being rude, it was just to look edgy and hard, I swear. You're awesome.

(Shouldn't this thread have a change of title?)

Yes, yes it should.

@Ike! Get in here and change the goddamn title to Monster Hunter Generations! You lazy bum!

Please, please, please. I'm sorry for being rude, it was just to look edgy and hard, I swear. You're awesome.

I put a bit of time into this over the weekend and i'm really enjoying it, obviously. :D I've had various rushes of nostalgia while playing it due to revisiting areas from the original game and the portable entries.

Here are a few tweaks i've noticed.

• The people dishing out quests give out hints on what quests need to be done to further your level/ranks. This saves having to look up online what quests you need to do.

• When trying to recruit a Feylne you can search for a type you are after and even search by how it looks, which is essentially a Feylne creator.

• Mashing the A button lets you gather and carve more quickly. It skips the standing animation and saves you from have to crouch down to carve things quicker.

• The creation of weapons is a little different. You have to now level the weaponry up before being able to create another form. For example, if the next level of a weapon requires 6 pieces of ore then you can use different ores as each have their own value. So, things like Earth Crystals give you 2 ore points, while Iron Ore will only give you one. The rarer the material the higher the points.

• You can switch your Hunting Style and Arts. I was a little concerned at the start of the game as you have to pick a Style and Arts. I was worried I would be locked into them but you can simply switch things up by going to your item box in your house and selecting the final option.

• There are a bunch of towns/villages in the game, most of which are returning villages from previous games. You will have to hop between each of them ( very easy just hit the icon on the touch screen ) to pick up all the quests, of which there are LOADS!

I haven't played any online yet ( see, @lostmario, i'm being a good lad and waiting for you ) so i've just concentrated on the single player stuff and getting a decent set of armour to help get me through the quests.

I started off by using a mixed set of Jaggi and Bullfango gear. This gave me a nice attack bonus. I've now started farming Tetsu for his gear and just need a couple of scales to finish the set. That armour served me well in MH4 and I think it will do me nicely if this, as well.

I'm just on the 3 star quests at the moment. There's about 5 pages of quests for each level so far. Crazy amount of content. I haven't seen any new big beasties yet. Hopefully they are just around the corner.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I put a bit of time into this over the weekend and i'm really enjoying it, obviously. :D I've had various rushes of nostalgia while playing it due to revisiting areas from the original game and the portable entries.

Here are a few tweaks i've noticed.

• The people dishing out quests give out hints on what quests need to be done to further your level/ranks. This saves having to look up online what quests you need to do.

• When trying to recruit a Feylne you can search for a type you are after and even search by how it looks, which is essentially a Feylne creator.

• Mashing the A button lets you gather and carve more quickly. It skips the standing animation and saves you from have to crouch down to carve things quicker.

• The creation of weapons is a little different. You have to now level the weaponry up before being able to create another form. For example, if the next level of a weapon requires 6 pieces of ore then you can use different ores as each have their own value. So, things like Earth Crystals give you 2 ore points, while Iron Ore will only give you one. The rarer the material the higher the points.

• You can switch your Hunting Style and Arts. I was a little concerned at the start of the game as you have to pick a Style and Arts. I was worried I would be locked into them but you can simply switch things up by going to your item box in your house and selecting the final option.

• There are a bunch of towns/villages in the game, most of which are returning villages from previous games. You will have to hop between each of them ( very easy just hit the icon on the touch screen ) to pick up all the quests, of which there are LOADS!

I haven't played any online yet ( see, @lostmario, i'm being a good lad and waiting for you ) so i've just concentrated on the single player stuff and getting a decent set of armour to help get me through the quests.

I started off by using a mixed set of Jaggi and Bullfango gear. This gave me a nice attack bonus. I've now started farming Tetsu for his gear and just need a couple of scales to finish the set. That armour served me well in MH4 and I think it will do me nicely if this, as well.

I'm just on the 3 star quests at the moment. There's about 5 pages of quests for each level so far. Crazy amount of content. I haven't seen any new big beasties yet. Hopefully they are just around the corner.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

When trying to recruit a Feylne you can search for a type you are after and even search by how it looks, which is essentially a Feylne creator.
Liking the sound of that. :grin:

Can you play as a Feylne right away?

Also, did you get any bonus items from having a MH4U save on your 3DS?

When trying to recruit a Feylne you can search for a type you are after and even search by how it looks, which is essentially a Feylne creator.

I'm not sure as I have no interest in doing it. :D Saying that, I think there are a few missions that need doing that require you to be one.

Yeah, you get a bunch of potions, rations etc. Nothing great but it's certainly a welcome gift.

I'm not sure as I have no interest in doing it. :D Saying that, I think there are a few missions that need doing that require you to be one.

Yeah, you get a bunch of potions, rations etc. Nothing great but it's certainly a welcome gift.

Hehehe! Didn't think you would be. :hehe:

It's blatantly the first thing I'll be looking to do once I get the game though. Just hope there's some decent gear available for them, as the one in the demo was seriously weak. :hmm:

The thought of a cat equipped with G Rank weapons/armour that's able to stand a good chance solo against any monster in the game is just too entertaining. :laughing:

Yeah, better than nowt. :)

Hehehe! Didn't think you would be. :hehe:

It's blatantly the first thing I'll be looking to do once I get the game though. Just hope there's some decent gear available for them, as the one in the demo was seriously weak. :hmm:

The thought of a cat equipped with G Rank weapons/armour that's able to stand a good chance solo against any monster in the game is just too entertaining. :laughing:

Yeah, better than nowt. :)