NEurope
liger05

Monster Hunter Generations

Awww yeah! :)

That trailer, the epic music, those chills down the back of my spine! :D

Day one for this! Without a doubt... : peace:

Summer release, just before E3 please Capcom? :grin:

Then you can go ahead and announce MH5 as an NX exclusive at E3. ;)

Soooooo I'm thinking about re-entering the world of monster hunter. Truthfully I'm tired if trying to find alternate console or PC experiences. What's on offer doesn't match up.

So honestly can I have some unbiased advice? I have been watching vids of Mhx or generations as it will be over here and I want it bad but I need to know what I can expect from getting a 3ds like strain on eyes, hand cramp, extras costs from needed attachments or peripherals etc as I will be buying the thing exclusively for my and if there is Bundle, that will be snatched up too

Soooooo I'm thinking about re-entering the world of monster hunter. Truthfully I'm tired if trying to find alternate console or PC experiences. What's on offer doesn't match up.

So honestly can I have some unbiased advice? I have been watching vids of Mhx or generations as it will be over here and I want it bad but I need to know what I can expect from getting a 3ds like strain on eyes, hand cramp, extras costs from needed attachments or peripherals etc as I will be buying the thing exclusively for my and if there is Bundle, that will be snatched up too

I used the original 3DS to play MH4U and i'm not gonna lie, my hand cramps were terrible for the first few of days. The pain I was getting was very bad. I even bought and tried out one of those holders you can get for handhelds to make them more bulky but it didn't help.

The pain was mainly in my index fingers due to the way the shoulder buttons are positioned and the shape of the 3DS. Having my fingers stuck at nearly a 90 degree angle for stupidly long play sessions caused me agony.

After a few days the pain went away and my hands got used to it. I can now play MH without any issues.

It annoys me that the main series has been relegated to a handheld. I spend a stupid amount of time playing these games and having to look downward at a small screen for hours on end isn't ideal at all.

I used the original 3DS to play MH4U and i'm not gonna lie, my hand cramps were terrible for the first few of days. The pain I was getting was very bad. I even bought and tried out one of those holders you can get for handhelds to make them more bulky but it didn't help.

The pain was mainly in my index fingers due to the way the shoulder buttons are positioned and the shape of the 3DS. Having my fingers stuck at nearly a 90 degree angle for stupidly long play sessions caused me agony.

After a few days the pain went away and my hands got used to it. I can now play MH without any issues.

It annoys me that the main series has been relegated to a handheld. I spend a stupid amount of time playing these games and having to look downward at a small screen for hours on end isn't ideal at all.

How is the New 3ds XL (what a stupide name imo)? Is it built for people with Giant hands like myself (I found the old OLD xbox controller quite comfy)?

How is the New 3ds XL (what a stupide name imo)? Is it built for people with Giant hands like myself (I found the old OLD xbox controller quite comfy)?

Sadly I can't comment on this as i'm still rocking the original 3DS. I think @lostmario was using a 3DS XL when we were playing MH4U so he may be able to tell you what it's like.

I think the New 3DS XL is fine. I don't get any hand cramps from playing at all. The little "analogue" nub is great to have for changing the camera too (no replacement for an analogue stick of course, but it works well enough).

It's a nice bit of kit!

It's nice and comfortable, I played MH4U for hours on end with no issues.

Then again, I played Kid Icarus: Uprising on an old 3DS without managing to break my arm in half so maybe I'm just weird.

Sadly I can't comment on this as i'm still rocking the original 3DS. I think @lostmario was using a 3DS XL when we were playing MH4U so he may be able to tell you what it's like.

I played MH4U on my 3DS XL with the Circle Pad Pro XL, looks huge but very comfortable. I couldn't play Monster Hunter without having full control of the camera.

Hmmm. I'm actually a bit tempted by that bundle but its also right around the time that my Oculus Rift is going to be sent out so I'm not sure I want to spend even more money.

Goddammit, I still have so bloody much to do in MH4! Just like I still had much to do in MH3U when 4 came out.

Ok then, quick question for Monster Hunter fans.

If im thinking about getting a new 3ds and Monster Hunter Generations but am in the mood to play a MH game now, is it worth me buying a new 3DS and MH4 now and then Generations in July or should I just wait?

Ok then, quick question for Monster Hunter fans.

If im thinking about getting a new 3ds and Monster Hunter Generations but am in the mood to play a MH game now, is it worth me buying a new 3DS and MH4 now and then Generations in July or should I just wait?

Well, MH4 is a great game, but it's also a very big game. Playing through MH4 now and then going into MHG so soon after could be a bit too much MH. :hehe:

Not to mention what it will do to your hands. :shakehead Yeah, MH is generally not a comfortable experience on 3DS.

If I was you I'd probably just wait for MHG.

Actually, I'm still not even sure if I'll be up for playing it in July, and that's with a substantial break since playing MH4! :hmm:

Not to mention what it will do to your hands. :shakehead Yeah, MH is generally not a comfortable experience on 3DS.

See, thats what I'd really like. A Monster Hunter game on home console or PC. I do get that its a massively popular handheld franchise but I think it would be great to see a Monster Hunter game again with really nice graphics, comfortable controls, a lot more power behind it and on a big TV.

See, thats what I'd really like. A Monster Hunter game on home console or PC. I do get that its a massively popular handheld franchise but I think it would be great to see a Monster Hunter game again with really nice graphics, comfortable controls, a lot more power behind it and on a big TV.
Same.

I was gutted that there was no Wii U version of MH4, and I'm not exactly thrilled to see the same situation with Generations.

But it looks like Capcom is determined to keep the game on handheld at the moment. ::shrug:

Yup. It's a shame the mainline series has been relegated to a handheld. The original game was on a console and it was perfect. I blame Capcom for wanting to constantly reuse the assets, Nintendo for clearly paying for the series and the Japanese for their dislike of console gaming. Douchebags.

I'll be interested to try out the God Eater games when they come to PS4, see if thats what I'm looking for.

Looks like a good looking console. I've been bitten in the past though, having got the silver fur MHU4 version, and it gets patches that come off easy. One on the left side I had to place tape over so it stopped getting worse (there's other parts).

Damn, that IS early. I never even properly finished MHU3. I went on to the multiplayer missions and did pretty much them all except some of the DLC later missions and super hard missions, getting armor for the final story one or two story levels, but never got back to it. The same has happened with MHU4, exept with even less done. I REALLY enjoy the games, it's just I enjoy multi, but can't stand online (various reasons including tech issues) and my bro broke near the end of MHU3 which caused him to give up early in MHU4. He broke because he refused to change weapons, always using twin daggers+"charge enemies and bash buttons until low, then heal" with barely any tactics. Basically his style was just to bring every healing item and do THAT. Admittedly, so did I for a while until I started learning tactics, but he refused to go past the basics, which as you can guess makes later monsters frustrating as hell and nigh on impossible. So he got mega bored. I keep telling him that a change in weapons makes the game fresh, but he thinks I'm just pestering/tricking him into playing again for my own reasons. I guess I am, but I love multi on this game. The thing is he loved it when he first started and played 100+hours. Frustrating. Anyone else personally experience this themselves or know anyone who quit for these reasons?

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

Check this out! :D