NEurope
liger05

Monster Hunter Generations

We're still playing though, so if anyone wants to join in, go ahead!

Good stuff Redshell! Thanks for Playing! : peace:

Quality failure on my part there :laughing:

Cheers to you @Glen\-i & @Ugh first aid, that was great fun. icon14.gif

Your custom messages are highly entertaining. :D

Looking forward to hunting with you lot again.

: peace:

Cheers to you @Glen\-i & @Ugh first aid, that was great fun. icon14.gif

Your custom messages are highly entertaining. :D

Looking forward to hunting with you lot again.

: peace:

Anything to make other hunters smirk in amusement!

Lots of great moments there! Dodging Gypceros' light flash is very amusing.

Anyway, Ugh First Aid and I are still hunting if anyone fancies a few hunts before 11.

If you're not on my friends list, the Hunter Hub ID is 12-2965-6551-7139.

The passcode is 4444.

Edited by Glen-i

So, I would like to hunt with you guys sometimes! I am not sure who I have and who I haven't got in my friendlist though. Is it an idea to come up with a standard room name so you can always search for that?

I saw you used N-Europe before as name, that sounds good. :D And make an N-Europe 2 when the first is full.

Oh I am not playing now btw, but will probably be on tonight.

So, I would like to hunt with you guys sometimes! I am not sure who I have and who I haven't got in my friendlist though. Is it an idea to come up with a standard room name so you can always search for that?

I saw you used N-Europe before as name, that sounds good. :D And make an N-Europe 2 when the first is full. Standard password 4444 if you don't want randoms.

I saw you used N-Europe before as name, that sounds good. :D And make an N-Europe 2 when the first is full.

Standard password 4444 if you don't want randoms.

Sounds like a good plan. Also glad to see the room name actually showed up for people searching for the room though. Was curious if that would work.

When selecting one of the passcode options, there's an option called "Exclude Friends" This means that anyone on your friends list can enter your room without entering the passcode. But others can still join by entering it.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to play tonight, but if you mention some players here, I'm sure you could hire a few others.

Had a session online earlier with randoms.

Carted twice! Extremely humbled me and taught me to configure things so I wouldn't be blind sided by beasties too much.

Increased camera speed and changed from gs to dual swords. Am now able to be vulnerable for less time and track monsters more quickly. Also played more single player to learn the new mechanics.

Need to learn a lot like how to mount properly. Did it once but failed to make it count. Wonder what else i have to discover.

Would really like to get online tho with you guys at some point too

I've just finished the final online urgent quest. I have to say that i'm very disappointed with the lack of difficulty in the main missions. We've breezed through the quests without really having to stop and power ourselves up. None of the new beasties took much time to learn their movesets and a couple of them kindajust stand there.

Monster Hunter used to be about skill, grinding and challenge but it has become stupidly easy due Capcom trying to bring more players in. Filthy casuals have ruined a great series. :p

I guess the main challenge is going to come from the Special Permits and Hyper Monsters. We tried a couple of Hyper quests last night and they were a lot more fun and challenging.

I had a play around with the Felyne outfits today and one of my cats is currently rocking this little number.

image_zpscgopzgrp.jpeg

The bottom half actually floats, so it's kinda like the vehicle that Bowser Jr rides. :D

Ho wow you must have been playing full time the whole weekend! But yeah, it seems they are going quantity over quality with the quests, and the game is rather easy. Especially online with 4 seasoned hunters.

Hey, maybe I'll actually be able to finish all the online urgent quests this time then. That would be a first.

Anyway, there's always the event quests. Some of them normally get pretty brutal.

Anyway, I'll be going online this afternoon. Not sure if @Ugh first aid or @Dcubed will be with me, but maybe @Deathjam and @Vileplume2000 would like to join me in my humble little world of 1 star quests? Or maybe even @RedShell?

Ho wow you must have been playing full time the whole weekend! But yeah, it seems they are going quantity over quality with the quests, and the game is rather easy. Especially online with 4 seasoned hunters.

Yup on both accounts.

The game just seems kinda cheap and rushed in places. You compare this with Unite ( both of which are kinda like greatest hits versions ) and the difference is night and day in terms of quality.

The single player usually takes a while to beat but even that seems easy and short. Lostmario seen the credits for the thing yesterday and i'm pretty much there myself.

The big bad of the game is even a pushover. Past big beasties like Lao Shan, Fatalis, Jhen, Shen Gaoren, Altreon etc. used to pose a challenge and took multiple run throughs to learn their attacks and find how you do damage. Nakarkos was defeated on the first run.

Another thing that was annoying was that from one of the hunter ranks to another there were 2 urgent quests at one point. That meant we had to do the same quests 4 times each to get everyone up to the next rank.

I'm also not a fan of the weapon leveling up system. It seems that you use more monster parts than you would have had the system been left alone. This is especially true when trying to make some of the final forms of the weapons.

Yup on both accounts.

The game just seems kinda cheap and rushed in places. You compare this with Unite ( both of which are kinda like greatest hits versions ) and the difference is night and day in terms of quality.

The single player usually takes a while to beat but even that seems easy and short. Lostmario seen the credits for the thing yesterday and i'm pretty much there myself.

The big bad of the game is even a pushover. Past big beasties like Lao Shan, Fatalis, Jhen, Shen Gaoren, Altreon etc. used to pose a challenge and took multiple run throughs to learn their attacks and find how you do damage. Nakarkos was defeated on the first run.

Another thing that was annoying was that from one of the hunter ranks to another there were 2 urgent quests at one point. That meant we had to do the same quests 4 times each to get everyone up to the next rank.

I'm also not a fan of the weapon leveling up system. It seems that you use more monster parts than you would have had the system been left alone. This is especially true when trying to make some of the final forms of the weapons.

Well this game was done by the same team that did Portable 3rd and apparently that game also went and made things a lot easier to beat as well, so... I guess it's their trademark.

Well this game was done by the same team that did Portable 3rd and apparently that game also went and made things a lot easier to beat as well, so... I guess it's their trademark.

I didn't play that much of Portable 3rd due to the language barrier but my nephew played through the whole thing. I'll ask him tonight if he thought that one was easy as well. I doubt he will say it was easy, though. Myself, lostmario and my nephew were discussing the difficulty of past games while playing this one and we both agreed that the series started to get easier once the series hit Nintendo platforms. Since then they have got easier and easier with each new game.

Anyway, I'll be going online this afternoon. Not sure if Ugh first aid or Dcubed will be with me, but maybe Deathjam and Vileplume2000 would like to join me in my humble little world of 1 star quests? Or maybe even RedShell?
I'm planning to go online at 5pm for a couple of hours. That's the longest I can play this game continuously before I start going blind/developing arthritis. :heh:

Goddamn it the next MH game better be on a bloody home console. :angry:

Hey, maybe I'll actually be able to finish all the online urgent quests this time then. That would be a first.

Anyway, there's always the event quests. Some of them normally get pretty brutal.

Anyway, I'll be going online this afternoon. Not sure if @Ugh first aid or @Dcubed will be with me, but maybe @Deathjam and @Vileplume2000 would like to join me in my humble little world of 1 star quests? Or maybe even @RedShell?

Me and UFA will be there! I've gotta pop out for a bit, but I'll be back well before then! : peace:

Hit HR 7 and saw the credits for the single player mode yesterday as @Hero\-of\-Time already mentioned.

I'm enjoying it but my 3DS is screwed, the circle pad on the 3DS while not as bad as it was at the start needs to be reset during each loading screen. By reset, I have to put my nails under it and lift it otherwise it sticks in one position. Being a longsword player, I need to react to the monster quickly and dodge his attacks, this has made it a lot harder.

I won't be getting it fixed or buying a replacement 3DS as this will probably be my last 3DS game.

It just needs to keep working for another 100 hours or so.

For the review I was in doubt about giving this game an 8 or a 9 (if we would do half points an 8.5 would have been good). Decided to go for a 9 because of the free DLC and the amount of quests. But it was a close call.

And for the difficulty, even in MH4U I already found it easy to predict the monster behaviour. Nothing compared to learning MHTri's Barroth for example. And this is even easier, also thanks to stuff like the Arts. Although timing offensive Arts can be tricky.

Guess we have to increase the difficulty ourselves by doing naked runs!

Well, seeing as how Ugh First Aid won't be joining our 5pm hunt, there's still one more space for someone. @Deathjam, @Vileplume2000, you're more than welcome to join in whenever.

EDIT: OK, it's open. @RedShell, make like your name sake and follow me in here.

If you're not on my friends list, the Hub ID is 32-5430-4188-8614

Passcode is 4444 like last time.

Edited by Glen-i

I'll be joining you all soon, just gotta get this week's Mario Kart video up first! : peace: (didn't get a chance to do it this morning like I wanted to :p )

Quality session with @Glen\-i & @Dcubed just now. icon14.gif

HR 2 GET! For me at least. :D

Cheers guys!

:bowdown:

Well, you definitely deserved it more than Dcubed did.

I don't know how many times I've told him to get away from the Gypceros faking it's death, but he never listens.

Anyway, right when you left, Ugh First Aid came home, so if anyone fancies a few hunts, I'm gonna leave my room open.

Yeah... I need to get better armour :laughing:

At least I made it (just about) in time the second time around! :hehe:

Well, you definitely deserved it more than Dcubed did.

I don't know how many times I've told him to get away from the Gypceros faking it's death, but he never listens.

Try saying it sarcastically next time, see if that works. :heh:

Yeah... I need to get better armour :laughing:

At least I made it (just about) in time the second time around! :hehe:

Those 2 occasions where you were sprinting back to carve had me in stitches! :laughing: Especially the first one, where I saw your character run in from the right-hand side of my screen at the very second the "quest complete" sign popped up.

As I mentioned afterwards, it would've made a great GIF. :grin:

Anyway, be sure to let me know when you're hunting online next, if there's space for me to join. :)

A cracking night of hunting last night. One of the best so far.

We decided to have a crack at Hyper Galv, only to get butchered due to our armour setup. We farmed normal Glav a bit, made and upgraded his armour and then had another crack Hyper. This time the tables were turned and we butchered him. This netted us parts to upgrade our armour even further. I'm now sitting on a nice DEF of 520 odd.

We also had a crack at Hellfire Glavenus, which is one of the special permits and even harder than the Hyper Glav. My nephew died twice in quick succession very early on. We were only a team of 3 and had lost 2 lives in the space of a few minutes. After 20 minutes of fighting we somehow managed to pull off a victory! We were all cheering down the headsets. :D

This was more like it. It's just a shame that we've had to play through the best part of the game to finally reach quests that we can get our teeth into.

There was also a laughing fit moment when we were fighting Duramboros. We killed him and started carving and my nephew though he had carved Duramboros Scrotum instead of a Duramboros Sacrum. Well, all four of us completely lost it and we laughing our backs off down the headsets. :laughing: