NEurope
liger05

Monster Hunter Generations

So how many hunting hours have you managed to rack up so far Hero? I'm going to guess about sixteen... maybe? ;)

More importantly I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it! :)

I do have a question for you though regarding the crafting... While I understand that you now need a certain amount of Ore in order to unlock further crafting upgrades to your weapons, you'll still need to get certain items from the monsters in order to make the weapons I take it?

The whole experience just wouldn't be the same if you didn't need to grind for that one Lagiacrus Plate for instance. :p

Also, being that this is a 'Best of...' Monster Hunter which features areas from previous games, I take it that at least one location from Monster Hunter Tri/3 Ultimate must be in there yet... there is no swimming in this game - we've known this for a while - so did they just empty out the ocean and fill it in with dirt? ::shrug:

Essentially what I'm asking is... what has become of area 10 in the Deserted Island map? It's going to bug me until I get the game otherwise... it's the small things. :indeed:

Anyway, thanks for posting your impressions in any case. : peace:

So how many hunting hours have you managed to rack up so far Hero? I'm going to guess about sixteen... maybe? ;)

I do have a question for you though regarding the crafting... While I understand that you now need a certain amount of Ore in order to unlock further crafting upgrades to your weapons, you'll still need to get certain items from the monsters in order to make the weapons I take it?

The whole experience just wouldn't be the same if you didn't need to grind for that one Lagiacrus Plate for instance. :p

Also, being that this is a 'Best of...' Monster Hunter which features areas from previous games, I take it that at least one location from Monster Hunter Tri/3 Ultimate must be in there yet... there is no swimming in this game - we've known this for a while - so did they just empty out the ocean and fill it in with dirt? ::shrug:

Essentially what I'm asking is... what has become of area 10 in the Deserted Island map? It's going to bug me until I get the game otherwise... it's the small things. :indeed:

Anyway, thanks for posting your impressions in any case. : peace:

I caved and order the MHGEN bundle from ebay. So I guess, I am virtually back in (haven't played MH since tri back on the wii!) My girlfriend ok'ed it but she has no idea the levels of addiction I can reach with this series....

Any tips as a soon to be n3ds xl owner? Ordered a case and charger already.

I caved and order the MHGEN bundle from ebay. So I guess, I am virtually back in (haven't played MH since tri back on the wii!) My girlfriend ok'ed it but she has no idea the levels of addiction I can reach with this series....

Any tips as a soon to be n3ds xl owner? Ordered a case and charger already.

SHOPTO YOU BEAUTIFUL SONS A BITCHES!! A WEEK EARLY!!

image_zpscsrlurvm.jpeg

A week early. That's maadness

SHOPTO YOU BEAUTIFUL SONS A BITCHES!! A WEEK EARLY!!

image_zpscsrlurvm.jpeg

A week early. That's maadness

I think i've only racked up 10 hours so far. I've been busy decorating all weekend. I actually started decorating on Friday as I thought I would have a week to get it all done before MH arrived. Silly me. :D

Yeah, you still need to do the usual stuff to upgrade your weapons. When you make a weapon now you will see that the next upgrades are locked. This is where you need to level your weapon up. Once done the next weapon path will be unlocked. Essentially you have to level them up and then upgrade them.

I may not be doing a good job of explaining it but you'll see what I mean soon enough. :)

I think i've only racked up 10 hours so far. I've been busy decorating all weekend. I actually started decorating on Friday as I thought I would have a week to get it all done before MH arrived. Silly me. :D

Yeah, you still need to do the usual stuff to upgrade your weapons. When you make a weapon now you will see that the next upgrades are locked. This is where you need to level your weapon up. Once done the next weapon path will be unlocked. Essentially you have to level them up and then upgrade them.

I may not be doing a good job of explaining it but you'll see what I mean soon enough. :)

Let me comfort you on this bugging issue. Area 10 is gone, and area 8 (the one with both shallow and deep water) is now mostly land. No swimming in MHG!

Let me comfort you on this bugging issue. Area 10 is gone, and area 8 (the one with both shallow and deep water) is now mostly land. No swimming in MHG!

If/when Nintendo make another dedicated handheld they really need to sort the screen out for when playing in the sun. I was doing a quest on my lunch break and couldn't see sod all.

Kut-Ku had flown into a dark area and I literally couldn't see him due to the sunlight bouncing off the 3DS screen. I had to use a combo of looking at the painted target on the map, and then look for his breath when he was in rage mode, to get any hits in.

After that I decided it was probably best to just go and do some easier quests, like picking mushrooms or gathering herbs, and wait until I get home and in the shade to tackle the beasties. Screw the Summer weather.

If/when Nintendo make another dedicated handheld they really need to sort the screen out for when playing in the sun. I was doing a quest on my lunch break and couldn't see sod all.

Kut-Ku had flown into a dark area and I literally couldn't see him due to the sunlight bouncing off the 3DS screen. I had to use a combo of looking at the painted target on the map, and then look for his breath when he was in rage mode, to get any hits in.

After that I decided it was probably best to just go and do some easier quests, like picking mushrooms or gathering herbs, and wait until I get home and in the shade to tackle the beasties. Screw the Summer weather.

Yeah, better than nowt. :)

I'm sure I said this before, but you get a Tigrex costume for the Felyne as well.

At least, that's what they said on E3.

The creation of weapons is a little different. You have to now level the weaponry up before being able to create another form. For example, if the next level of a weapon requires 6 pieces of ore then you can use different ores as each have their own value. So, things like Earth Crystals give you 2 ore points, while Iron Ore will only give you one. The rarer the material the higher the points.

Thanks for confirming this, I heard about this change, but I could never find concrete information.

This means that as long as you're hunting the right thing, no "Quest Complete" is wasted.

Best news I've heard all week!

Yeah, better than nowt. :)

I'm sure I said this before, but you get a Tigrex costume for the Felyne as well.

At least, that's what they said on E3.

The creation of weapons is a little different. You have to now level the weaponry up before being able to create another form. For example, if the next level of a weapon requires 6 pieces of ore then you can use different ores as each have their own value. So, things like Earth Crystals give you 2 ore points, while Iron Ore will only give you one. The rarer the material the higher the points.

Thanks for confirming this, I heard about this change, but I could never find concrete information.

This means that as long as you're hunting the right thing, no "Quest Complete" is wasted.

Best news I've heard all week!

I finally reached the 4 star quests last night, although I still have plenty of 2 and 3 star stuff to mop up. I done a quick count and for the 1-3 star level and there are around 80 quests to do! Insane....in a good way. :D

I finally fought some of the new beasties last night. :yay:

First up was Glavenus. Yeah, I was in no way ready for this guy. He appeared in a mission that had nothing to do with him. I had to try my best to survive and complete the task that I was assigned to. I managed to get a few cheeky shots into him though and I hung around the area a bit to watch what his attacks were, so I was ready when I actually had to fight him.

Next up was Mizutsune. I love this monster. It looks so mystical. Again, this appeared in a quest that it had nothing to do with. I decided to have a crack at this guy. I spent 40 mins wailing on him, smashed his face twice but he still wasn't limping. Like Glavenus, I guess I wasn't meant to be fighting him at this point in the game. I did get a couple of decent shiny drops from him, though.

The music that play when you fight him is outstanding. It felt like I was in an episode of Naruto or something. :)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

With 4 star unlocked, I could now go and upgrade my weapon a bit more. I also finished off my Tetsu set. They have changed the skills on the armour in this version. It no longer dishes out a defence skill, rather now it gives you tremor resistance, which is pants. You still get the nice health boost off it, though.

I finally reached the 4 star quests last night, although I still have plenty of 2 and 3 star stuff to mop up. I done a quick count and for the 1-3 star level and there are around 80 quests to do! Insane....in a good way. :D

I finally fought some of the new beasties last night. :yay:

First up was Glavenus. Yeah, I was in no way ready for this guy. He appeared in a mission that had nothing to do with him. I had to try my best to survive and complete the task that I was assigned to. I managed to get a few cheeky shots into him though and I hung around the area a bit to watch what his attacks were, so I was ready when I actually had to fight him.

Next up was Mizutsune. I love this monster. It looks so mystical. Again, this appeared in a quest that it had nothing to do with. I decided to have a crack at this guy. I spent 40 mins wailing on him, smashed his face twice but he still wasn't limping. Like Glavenus, I guess I wasn't meant to be fighting him at this point in the game. I did get a couple of decent shiny drops from him, though.

The music that play when you fight him is outstanding. It felt like I was in an episode of Naruto or something. :)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

With 4 star unlocked, I could now go and upgrade my weapon a bit more. I also finished off my Tetsu set. They have changed the skills on the armour in this version. It no longer dishes out a defence skill, rather now it gives you tremor resistance, which is pants. You still get the nice health boost off it, though.

That change to the weapon upgrade system is music to my ears! No more pointless grinding! :D

That change to the weapon upgrade system is music to my ears! No more pointless grinding! :D

I was reading about the armour upgrades and now you need monster parts to upgrade various pieces, with some needing rubies/gems etc.

Also, you'll still need to grind parts to get the upgrades for your weapon, it's only the level that can be raised by ores/bugs/parts etc. Apparently some of the higher end stuff requires you to have rare items to use to level things up, as well. It looks to be a good thing in the short term but by the end game things could become even more of a grind. Suits me fine. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I was reading about the armour upgrades and now you need monster parts to upgrade various pieces, with some needing rubies/gems etc.

Also, you'll still need to grind parts to get the upgrades for your weapon, it's only the level that can be raised by ores/bugs/parts etc. Apparently some of the higher end stuff requires you to have rare items to use to level things up, as well. It looks to be a good thing in the short term but by the end game things could become even more of a grind. Suits me fine. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

If it means that I don't have to spend countless hours looking for a specific bug, I'm happy! Should mean that every quest ends up being meaningful.

Don't really mind getting the monster parts, so all in all, it looks like a good change :)

If it means that I don't have to spend countless hours looking for a specific bug, I'm happy! Should mean that every quest ends up being meaningful.

Don't really mind getting the monster parts, so all in all, it looks like a good change :)

Our review is now LIVE on the frontpage:

N-Europe Review

content-2-34849-mhgsidebox.jpg

I look forward to do some serious online with you guys! :)

Edited by Vileplume2000

Our review is now LIVE on the frontpage:

N-Europe Review

content-2-34849-mhgsidebox.jpg

I look forward to do some serious online with you guys! :)

Edited by Vileplume2000

I shouldn't have read that review, it's making the wait even more unbearable!

Only 3 days before I'm dragging N-Europe behind with my obsessive need to do every single quest before moving on to the next rank!

84c64348ecc397653269b53a17b35238.gif?v=54000

And only 3 days before we do impossible crap like this!

Digging the new banner, @RedShell! Mostly because it features me.

(Because who else here mains Sword & Shield the way I do?)

Edited by Glen-i