NEurope
liger05

Monster Hunter Generations

Coincidentally, Universal Studios Japan just announced their Universal Cool Japan 2016 lineup, featuring another Monster Hunter portion. Previous events have featured a lifesize Rathian, Rathalos, Tigrex, Seregios and Zinogre. Most of them moved and did cool animatronic stuff. The new one has Rathalos headlining and will supposedly have the monsters "attacking" guests.

Get ready to dump in your hand and throw it people.

Well this is happening and terrifying

Also, PV3

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/11/23/monster-hunter-x-wont-feature-monster-subspecies/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29

Oh wow! No subspecies in this game at all!?

Well that should be interesting!

As awesome as it is that every monster will be unique, a part of me will miss the crazy subspecies like Baleful Gigginox...

The demo feels like more of the same, with some flashy moves I can't figure out because I don't read Japanese. More of the same is a good thing though, since the MH4 engine is the bomb.

The new monsters are mostly cool. The Owl can go to hell though.

Monster Hunter once again dominates the Japanese charts.

01./00. [3DS] Monster Hunter X # <ACT> (Capcom) {2015.11.28} (¥6.264) - 1.542.104 / NEW

I don't think this includes the digital sales, which were huge ( already outsold 4G ) due to not being able to buy the thing in the shops. :D

It also boosted the sales of the 3DS hardware. Last week it sold around 35,000 units and this week it sold around 133,000 units! Dat bump!

Now bring it to the West, Capcom!

Someone created an English language patch for a bunch of the text in the game, needs homebrew faffing to get it working though and reading GBATemp is like looking at an alien language.

Seriously, I totally get we're not supposed to be doing this stuff, but despite modding my Wii and reading a fair bit into the stuff on 3DS, the entire process is still a minefield of methods and steps that make my brain ache.

Will wait for the English release, or cave on my next trip to Japan. Whichever comes first I suppose.

Edited by Guy
Spacing. It's kind to people like YOU.

I really hope Nintendo and Capcom have the next big Monster Hunter arrive on the NX or whatever it ends up being called, if it does turn out to be a hybrid console it will be the best of both worlds for those who like gaming on the go and those who enjoy playing on their tv.

From what i've been hearing about X the combat system is the unique selling point of the entire game, the styles change the way the combat and weapons work as well as the moves available to you. I didnt get to the end of 3U and i've barely started 4 so i really need to get moving!

Monster Hunter X was featured in this weeks imagine-nation:

Warning! The following video is rated AP for annoying presenters! :laughing:

Vid is available until the 22nd.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/imagine/20151215.html

@Hero\-of\-Time should get a laugh out of watching them try (and massively fail) to play the game. The male presenter thought his own health bar was the monster's health! :heh:

Anyway, I like the way different styles/skills are getting introduced in this version of MH to mix it up even more. And of course how you can play as a Palico! :love:

I got 5 minutes into the video and had to knock it off. Those two clearly haven't a clue what they are even talking about. You were right, they were super annoying. :D

The male presenter thought his own health bar was the monster's health! :heh:

Ughhhhh! The Monster Hunter in me is screaming in frustration!

This is gonna be another "Reviews poorly because people don't understand the point of MH" situation, isn't it?

While I usually hate these crossovers but this one is adorable.

630x.jpg

original.jpg

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Gaijin Hunter does some good work here and shows what's different about Monster Hunter Generations compared to the older games.

CcqDRfMUMAEYtbw.jpg:large

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy that this is coming in the Summer. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: Just a shame we didn't get a specific date.

Holidays getting used again @Blade, @lostmario?

Cannot wait for this! Looks and sounds awesome!!!

It makes me want to put MH4U back on... anyone up for hunts sometime?

I'm looking forward to getting stuck into a Monster Hunter again, loved 3, but didn't play it as much as I wanted, only 100 hours (ONLY). I wanted 4 but felt if I wanted to play then there was still so much 3 to play through so couldn't justify it.

I still think Monster Huter 5 will be an NX launch title, but probably Japan and then us next year... If I have nothing else to play I might get this.

What I will say though, is that all Monster Hunters are quite samey, I haven't played much so still seems great to me, but you guys who've played the last 3 so mentally (Hero every single one), does it not get a bit boring?

...What I will say though, is that all Monster Hunters are quite samey, I haven't played much so still seems great to me, but you guys who've played the last 3 so mentally (Hero every single one), does it not get a bit boring?

It can after a while, usually a very long while!

What I tend to do when it's starting to wane is change my weapon, this keeps it fresh as the whole way you approach hunts changes, more dramatically than you'd expect in some cases.

With MH4U adding verticality to hunts and now MHGen adding hunting styles, I'm sure it will feel fresh enough to suffice for another few hundredhours! :D

What I will say though, is that all Monster Hunters are quite samey, I haven't played much so still seems great to me, but you guys who've played the last 3 so mentally (Hero every single one), does it not get a bit boring?

Only after 400 hours or so. :D

The thing that makes the series great is the difficulty curve and the new monsters that you fight. There's a serious sense of progression that this series gives you. Banding together as a team and bringing a beastie down is a fantastic feeling. Returning to that same monster later with better weapons and a better understanding of how the monster moves and attacks, which then results in the thrashing of said beastie, is soooooo satisfying.

Cannot wait for this! Looks and sounds awesome!!!

It makes me want to put MH4U back on... anyone up for hunts sometime?

Yep I would be definetly, still got unfinished business with 4!

Only after 400 hours or so. :D

The thing that makes the series great is the difficulty curve and the new monsters that you fight. There's a serious sense of progression that this series gives you. Banding together as a team and bringing a beastie down is a fantastic feeling. Returning to that same monster later with better weapons and a better understanding of how the monster moves and attacks, which then results in the thrashing of said beastie, is soooooo satisfying.

And it stays satisfying with every game? Good to hear. Being completely new to it all, but love it, great to know it doesn't get boring.

And it stays satisfying with every game? Good to hear. Being completely new to it all, but love it, great to know it doesn't get boring.

Absolutely.

I've said this before to people who want to get into the series but the games are a massive time sink. I wouldn't recommend anymore picking them up if they aren't interested in investing a large amount of time into them.

Absolutely.

I've said this before to people who want to get into the series but the games are a massive time sink. I wouldn't recommend anymore picking them up if they aren't interested in investing a large amount of time into them.

Yeah, that's why a hybrid would be PERFECT!!! Being able to take my NX with me and play a hunt, or even sort my gear and box out or whatever while out is very appealing.

I know you could do it on 3U but it was a bit faffy with the transferring.

The whole way through that Monster Hunter segment in the Direct I was like "now reveal the Wii U version!" needless to say, I was left disappointed. :heh:

Really don't think I can face another MH game on a handheld though. :hmm:

The whole way through that Monster Hunter segment in the Direct I was like "now reveal the Wii U version!" needless to say, I was left disappointed. :heh:

Really don't think I can face another MH game on a handheld though. :hmm:

I remember I was in agony when putting my first 20 or so hours into MHU4. Trying to play a stupid amount of consecutive hours on the 3DS really took its toll.

This was pretty much me.

My hand must have got used to the position that it was constantly in because it eventually stopped hurting. Either that or I had destroyed all the nerve endings. :D

I remember I was in agony when putting my first 20 or so hours into MHU4. Trying to play a stupid amount of consecutive hours on the 3DS really took its toll.

This was pretty much me.

My hand must have got used to the position that it was constantly in because it eventually stopped hurting. Either that or I had destroyed all the nerve endings. :D

Yeah, long playtimes + cramped control layout/small screen = bad times.

Although your "claws" should've been better prepared from Monster Hunting on PSP. :grin:

Yeah, long playtimes + cramped control layout/small screen = bad times.

Although your "claws" should've been better prepared from Monster Hunting on PSP. :grin:

Haha. I ever adopted the claw technique when playing the PSP games. Seemed really weird.

I found the PSP much more comfortable than the 3DS. I think with it being slightly longer and thinner the shoulder buttons were fine to reach. The 3DS had my fingers locked pretty much at a right angle when using the shoulder buttons constantly.