NEurope
liger05

Monster Hunter Generations

Yep it looks dope.

Capcom making smart moves keeping the series on the 3DS.

Winter 2015 in Japan

Capcom reusing dem assets. Can't say I'm surprised, or bothered at all really. Well up for a more action oriented MH game. At least I know my Japanese New 3DS will be put to good use at some point this year...

Shame its on 3DS again. I'd actually buy a copy for a home console, or at least something like the Vita where it would look better.

Capcom have gone overboard with milking this franchise. There was 2 new game announcements today for the 3DS. Give us a Wii U version of MH4U instead please.

Capcom have gone overboard with milking this franchise. There was 2 new game announcements today for the 3DS. Give us a Wii U version of MH4U instead please.

Which wouldn't be milking the franchise at all.

Which wouldn't be milking the franchise at all.

Not as far as the Wii U is concerned, no. :)

They need to hurry up and make Monster Hunter 5 for smartphones. But they should make it a Nintendo-exclusive smartphone game, which will work by only allowing you to run it if you've posted nice things about Nintendo on internet message boards. It should come complete with Poor Online Infrastructure™ and Not Very Good Graphics©

This is such a confusing spinoff!

So it's basically like a Best-Of Monster Hunter with a faster and flashier combat system in place of the traditional one?

... Erm... Ok?

Wii U lol. What benefit is there to capcom putting the game on a system on life support.

3DS makes sense. It's still the most popular platform in Japan as well as being a handheld. The series is most popular on handhelds and there is only one real viable handheld to put this game on.

Shame its on 3DS again. I'd actually buy a copy for a home console, or at least something like the Vita where it would look better.

Vita. Another platform on life support.

Realistically there is only one option and that's the 3DS.

People may say PS4 but again it's not exactly selling well in Japan. A new console not even selling 20k a week as a baseline is a console selling poorly.

3DS is the best place for Monster Hunter at the moment. The shoddy graphics are a shame, but the game is still perfectly playable with 'em. New 3DS definitely helps on the controls side of things too.

I wouldn't really complain if they ported 4U/G to the Wii U, but I really don't think it's necessary. Spend those development resources on the next mainline game... or hey, a series of crazy sideline titles like X, Airou Crossing and Stories. All of which look really fun.

I've barely even scratched the surface of 4U and won't need a new mainline title for a good while.

Vita. Another platform on life support.

Realistically there is only one option and that's the 3DS.

People may say PS4 but again it's not exactly selling well in Japan. A new console not even selling 20k a week as a baseline is a console selling poorly.

I'm not talking about what would be best for the game though. I was just talking about what I would prefer it on. I have no interest in playing the series on 3DS.

Wii U lol. What benefit is there to capcom putting the game on a system on life support.

3DS makes sense. It's still the most popular platform in Japan as well as being a handheld. The series is most popular on handhelds and there is only one real viable handheld to put this game on.

What benefits? It's relatively easy money. The game has sold well in excess of half a million Wii U copies. You may say that's bad but remember it's an expanded Wii port and was in competition against the 3DS version

Push the system visually, give it an exclusive and it could sell really well. I'm sick of of having to say this, Monster Hunter moves systems.

Another point is the western sales. MH is doing well on the 3DS in the West and even if capcom didn't want to publish this version Nintendo defiently will.

What benefits? It's relatively easy money. The game has sold well in excess of half a million Wii U copies. You may say that's bad but remember it's an expanded Wii port and was in competition against the 3DS version

Push the system visually, give it an exclusive and it could sell really well. I'm sick of of having to say this, Monster Hunter moves systems.

But it wouldn't sell anywhere near close to what the 3DS version will do and again why split the userbase?

As for MH moves systems. Mario Kart sells systems, smash bros sells systems, Mario games sells systems etc etc etc and guess what none of these franchises sold many wii u systems.

No game is selling wii u consoles.

Another point is the western sales. MH is doing well on the 3DS in the West and even if capcom didn't want to publish this version Nintendo defiently will.

But it wouldn't sell anywhere near close to what the 3DS version will do and again why split the userbase?

As for MH moves systems. Mario Kart sells systems, smash bros sells systems, Mario games sells systems etc etc etc and guess what none of these franchises sold many wii u systems.

No game is selling wii u consoles.

That could be argued is different. The people that buy MK, Smash, Mario already own the system. Chances are if you buy Mario, you'll buy MK. Monster Hunter is a different monster altogether. It could attract a different kind of consumer. There are benefits too to a home console version of Monster Hunter.

This really confused me when it appeared in the direct, just seemed way too soon for another 3DS MH game, but then I remembered the Japanese got MH4 in 2013. :heh:

@Hero\-of\-Time, that other game they showed (the cute one with all the Feylnes :hehe:) is that a port of that PSP or Vita game you mentioned a while back in the MH4 thread?

This really confused me when it appeared in the direct, just seemed way too soon for another 3DS MH game, but then I remembered the Japanese got MH4 in 2013. :heh:

@Hero\-of\-Time, that other game they showed (the cute one with all the Feylnes :hehe:) is that a port of that PSP or Vita game you mentioned a while back in the MH4 thread?

Yeah, looks like an upgraded version of that. I doubt that one will make it over, though.

So no Wii U again, great....

Monster Hunter is a series that performs only adequately on home consoles, but amazingly on handhelds. Logic dictates they keep it portable.

Monster Hunter is a series that performs only adequately on home consoles, but amazingly on handhelds. Logic dictates they keep it portable.
Sometimes logic is annoying though. Quite a lot of the time actually, and certainly in this case. :heh:

I do understand that, but I don't have an DS :D.

I confused, is this a spin off or would this be considered MH5 and they just decided to stop using numbers?

I've missed out on MH4, hopefully that wont happen with this....though I suspect it wont see a release here till they announce Monster Hunter X Ultimate :heh:

Hot damn, they need to give this series a rest until the next piece of hardware I think. Just how long these games are, the thought of buying the current one and then the next one being out again on the same system is kinda offputting.

I also think one of the main areas it could majorly benefit is graphically/online/scale (e.g. more than 4 people in a party), which a new system might be able to do. It obviously prints money though so can't blame them too much.

Edited by Sheikah

That and Capcom are amazingly lazy. They are still using assets from the original games and continue this trend with this entry. I mean you even see the PSP villages being used in this one!

I've always said Capcom chose to work with Nintendo on this series due to how easy it would be to continue to use the assets. PS2/Wii & PSP/3DS are all pretty similar in terms out the graphics they produced. Had they put the series on the Vita/Xbox/Playstation then it would have required far more work on their part.

Fair play to them, it still sells, but as someone who has been there from Day 1, i'm getting a little sick and tired of the lack of effort from Capcom. I would love to see a return of the days when it was a console game that supported 8 players in a lobby.

Famitsu Information

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/monster-hunter-x-details-about-the-various-monsters-palicoes-and-villages/?utm_campaign=monster-hunter-x-details-about-the-various-monsters-palicoes-and-villages&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Good news: Palicoes will be back in Monster Hunter X, and they will be even more useful than ever before. Thanks to their Trampoline Skill, you can use trampolines in order to perform jump attacks. As for the “Cat-type Vitality Pot Skill”, it’s a special pot they bring on the field, so that hunters can get various buffs and special effects from it.

As for the “Headlong Cat Skill” (one of the “flashy moves”), it allows Palicoes to launch themselves directly at the monsters. Overall, Palicoes are really useful partners who can use various skills in order to heal / defend the party, but also deal massive damage to the monsters.

At Verna Village, you will find the Felyne Plaza: that’s where you need to go in order to employ and raise Palicoes (with various activies available for them). Here’s some of the facilities available there:

– Cat Girl: provides services to the Palicoe

– Palico Dojo: for training

– Mon-nyan Unit: for special quests

– Muufa: you can pet it in order to bring out hearts

– a Felyne which brings areas from faraway places

Monster Hunter X will feature a brand new field, called the Ancient Forest. According to Famitsu, it has its own ecosystem, with plenty of unexplored areas. There will also be villages and fields from previous Monster Hunter games, such as Forest and Hills, Snowy Mountains, Misty Peaks, and more.