NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wii

Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash

They're not useless in Mario Maker though!

Doesn't excuse the fact they don't do as much as the other Amiibo.

I love how the value of main series amiibo just keeps growing with each new release. It was a fantastic and very generous business model allowing cross-game functionality. Spend 10 quid one day and then a few years later have extra functionality in two dozen games, as well as a nifty little figurine. Awesome stuff IMO.

Doesn't excuse the fact they don't do as much as the other Amiibo.

Some amiibo will work more than others. It'll never be uniform

The Pokémon amiibo do still work in this game, but in a general manner.

I love how the value of main series amiibo just keeps growing with each new release. It was a fantastic and very generous business model allowing cross-game functionality. Spend 10 quid one day and then a few years later have extra functionality in two dozen games, as well as a nifty little figurine. Awesome stuff IMO.

Unless you're a Pokemon fan. Then any functionality is a bona-fide miracle.

I swear, if I had actually bought my Greninja for content, I'd feel a little bit cheated.

Luckily, I bought it because I like Greninja, one of my favourite Pokemon. Plus, it's a nice figurine!

That said, it says something when even the Mega Man amiibo owners are laughing at us!

Some amiibo will work more than others. It'll never be uniform

The Pokémon amiibo do still work in this game, but in a general manner.

No-one's disputing that not all amiibos have to work with all games.

But when something comes along that works with every Smash Bros figure except the Pokemon ones, you can't help but wonder why that is.

(I realise that the 3rd party ones don't work with this game, but my point still stands, Pokemon is hardly 3rd party)

Unless you're a Pokemon fan. Then any functionality is a bona-fide miracle.

I swear, if I had actually bought my Greninja for content, I'd feel a little bit cheated.

Luckily, I bought it because I like Greninja, one of my favourite Pokemon. Plus, it's a nice figurine!

That said, it says something when even the Mega Man amiibo owners are laughing at us!

No-one's disputing that not all amiibos have to work with all games.

But when something comes along that works with every Smash Bros figure except the Pokemon ones, you can't help but wonder why that is.

(I realise that the 3rd party ones don't work with this game, but my point still stands, Pokemon is hardly 3rd party)

To be fair, Greninja has a lot of functionality: http://www.serebii.net/amiibo/smash/greninja.shtml </ShamelessPlug>

It just doesn't have a MK8 or Yoshi costume. That's it. You can rest assured that when a Pokémon spin-off inevitably uses amiibo, it'll be used and Mario won't.

Edited by Serebii

To be fair, Greninja has a lot of functionality: http://www.serebii.net/amiibo/smash/greninja.shtml </ShamelessPlug>

It just doesn't have a MK8 or Yoshi costume. That's it. You can rest assured that when a Pokémon spin-off inevitably uses amiibo, it'll be used and Mario won't.

Oh, come on! General usage (Stuff like Hyrule Warriors) doesn't really count. I wouldn't even count Woolly World as a unique usage in Greninja's case, because it's not.

My issue with it is that the Pokemon amiibo should have unique usage in those games.

I'm not saying shove them into any old game, but if every Smash figurine works in a unique way except for the Pokemon ones, then there's something really wrong with how it's being handled.

I know I'm battering the Mega Man amiibo horse to death at this point, but when I can get a Mega Man (A Capcom character) costume in Mario Kart 8 (A Nintendo game), but there's absolutely no chance of getting a costume based on the most famous Pokemon (Partly owned by Nintendo, but you knew all this). That's more than a bit odd, isn't it?

Japanese site has opened

Not too many further details on it yet. 1GB download size.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bxlj/index.html

Shows all the items you can get. There's a lot of product placement it seems. They list a lot of the products and link you to their official site: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bxlj/confections/index.html

snack002.png

Also details its special abilities: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bxlj/play/index.html

Here's the Instagram account: https://instagram.com/chibirobo_jp

CODCwT3UkAAhJ31.jpg

I've always loved chibi-robo, the gamecube one is still one of my favorite games. Photo finder was more of a minigame collection but at least it had the heart at the right place and continued the trend of weird quicky characters with 3D platforming.

This just seems such a watered down, dumb version. It's got none of the charm of the previous iterations. I'm really afraid that this is going to replace the quirky chibi-robo adventure style games that I like. It might be a decent platformer on it's own though. I hope that's the case.

I've always loved chibi-robo, the gamecube one is still one of my favorite games. Photo finder was more of a minigame collection but at least it had the heart at the right place and continued the trend of weird quicky characters with 3D platforming.

This just seems such a watered down, dumb version. It's got none of the charm of the previous iterations. I'm really afraid that this is going to replace the quirky chibi-robo adventure style games that I like. It might be a decent platformer on it's own though. I hope that's the case.

Yeah but you do get this badass with it. It makes it all worth it :p

small.png

Not sure the difference between the £34.99 and the £35.99.one?

It's cheaper AND you get a free box! :heh:

I love how I was just able to pre-order this without worrying about it being sold out, stock levels must have been sorted out finally. :)

It's cheaper AND you get a free box! :heh:

I love how I was just able to pre-order this without worrying about it being sold out, stock levels must have been sorted out finally. :)

Or no-one wants this :p

Or no-one wants this :p

Or that yes... :indeed:

The game does look conceptually interesting though, also that amiibo is amazing. :)

I'm unsure if I want it. If it was a more classic Chibi Robo title, then sure, but a 2D platformer?

I'm unsure if I want it. If it was a more classic Chibi Robo title, then sure, but a 2D platformer?

But you're still buying the amiibo right?

R-r-right? :blank:

But you're still buying the amiibo right?

R-r-right? :blank:

I'm running out of space so probably not :p

I'm running out of space so probably not :p

As am I but still...

Yeah but you do get this *badass with it. It makes it all worth it :p

small.png

It's all worth it... ;)

*Also as an aside, are you contractually obligated to use the term "badass" more ever since a certain game revolving around an elephant of that particular nature came out? I'm just curious as you seem to have used the term rather a lot recently... :heh:

As am I but still...

It's all worth it... ;)

*Also as an aside, are you contractually obligated to use the term "badass" more ever since a certain game revolving around an elephant of that particular nature came out? I'm just curious as you seem to have used the term rather a lot recently... :heh:

I said it once :p

I said it once :p

Yep. Typically arrives Wednesday or Thursday and comes with a badass T-Shirt :D

Yeah but you do get this badass with it. It makes it all worth it :p

I completely agree. XY has been top notch. Ash hasn't been an idiot, and is actually generally badass.

Aside from any badass DLC characters, I'm done with Smash after Mewtwo.

Those would be the most recent examples... :heh:

I'm not complaining, it's just an observation. : peace:

But anyway, Chibi Robo... definitely getting it, more than likely just for the amiibo figure as well if I'm honest...

...well he is a badass. ;)

This isn't the style of Chibi Robo game I'd hoped for, and I would have preferred they used a different character, but the actual underlying game still looks like it should be fun. I've got the bundle on preorder, and if the game turns out to be disappointing, well at least it enabled the existence of probably my favourite amiibo so far.

Well I'm looking forward to it at least :)

While it may not be the best timing for yet another 2D platformer this late into a generation that has had a flood of them throughout, it does look like a lot of fun with that typical Chibi Robo charm.

Plus it's always awesome whenever a cute little guy like Chibi gets to really show the world what a badass he really is.

Oh hey, psst... NOE! You know that it's not too late to change the name to Chibi Robo: The Badass Robot right? ;)

If Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash sells poorly, it could be the character's last game, says Nintendo

Coming from a Verge interview with Nintendo's Kensuke Tanabe...

"To be honest, this might be the last chance for us. I’ve continually thought about ways to build this into a mainstream success," Tanabe says of the franchise. "We’ve challenged ourselves in assorted ways along those lines, but I can’t say that we’ve found the answer yet.

The first thing we decided upon was that we’d make an action game that took advantage of his plug and cord. We then placed the core of the gameplay on using it like a grappling hook, throwing it into a faraway edge and using that to traverse gaps and so on. As we kept thinking about ideas, we naturally settled on the 2D side-scrolling format. If the character can gain more recognition, I believe we’ll have a chance to produce another adventure-style game for a large number of people. I’m hoping that we made the right choice for this game’s play style."

Tanabe also seems open to the idea of Chibi-Robo popping up in Smash Bros....

"If we receive an offer, we'll think about it."

http://gonintendo.com/stories/243712

Well, you heard the man

Edited by Serebii

Sign in to follow this