NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wii

Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash

Also announced in tonight’s Nintendo Direct was Guru-Guru Chibi-Robo, a new entry in the rarely-revisited series. Unlike previous games, Chibi-Robo is now the star of a pint-sized platformer and can use his cable to whip enemies, break blocks and grapple walls throughout the side-scrolling stages. Despite the genre switch, Guru-Guru Chibi-Robo still features elements from previous entries in the series like Chibi-Robo’s constantly draining energy

The game will also release alongside a Chibi-Robo amiibo. Points earned by clearing courses will level up the Amiibo, granting players collectible items. Touching the amiibo during gameplay will also transform the tiny hero into Super Chibi-Robo, a more powerful version with a fancy golden paint-job. Both the game and amiibo will be released in Japan this Summer.

New Chibi Robo Game - Gameplay & Amiibo - Nintendo Direct JP - 3DS

Edited by Wii

Wait... it's a side-scroller? with different abilities including a grappling hook?

As pleased as I am to see a new Chibi-Robo game, this had better not be our replacement for a Metroid title. :blank:

Looks interesting though, from the one still on the video which is no longer visible.

I've updated the video. GameXplain have taken down most of the Japanese Direct videos for some reason.

Wait... it's a side-scroller? with different abilities including a grappling hook?

As pleased as I am to see a new Chibi-Robo game, this had better not be our replacement for a Metroid title. :blank:

Looks interesting though, from the one still on the video which is no longer visible.

It reminded me very much of Bionic Commando with its abilities.

I love the amiibo, it's adorable!

But, how disappointing! Yet another 2D platformer! Why is there a need for this haha? I would have preferred a full 3D adventure on WiiU so much!

I guess it could turn out to be cool, but meh.

This just feels SO unnecessary.

I really like the idea of Chibo Robo branching out as a character and a 2D side scroller for him is a cool idea... but not for now. It's just not what Nintendo needs to be doing and seems a bizarre decision.

But, how disappointing! Yet another 2D platformer! Why is there a need for this haha? I would have preferred a full 3D adventure on WiiU so much!

I guess it could turn out to be cool, but meh.

Yeah, I hear ya. It's Chibi-Robo though so it will be awesome and we'll still get it.* :D

*localisation permitting of course. :indeed:

Yeah, I hear ya. It's Chibi-Robo though so it will be awesome and we'll still get it.* :D

*localisation permitting of course. :indeed:

Available for download in 2017, right along with flipnote studio 3D! ;)

It kind of reminds me of the decent mobile game Cordy.

amiibo exclusive to bundle in the US.

Game coming October in US, November in Europe

[tweet]605378339939987456[/tweet]

Chibi-Robo amiibo – Launching at the same time exclusively in a Chibi Robo!: Zip Lash bundle is a new Chibi-Robo amiibo figure. This new amiibo transforms Chibi-Robo into the all-powerful Super Chibi-Robo in certain stages in the game. In addition, players can level up this Chibi-Robo amiibo to acquire a variety of in-game collectible figures by saving their scores at the end of each stage. More details about this amiibo will be revealed in the future.

Yep, bundle exclusive here

So they take an interesting original Nintendo IP and turn it into a generic platformer with Amiibo support?

So they take an interesting original Nintendo IP and turn it into a generic platformer with Amiibo support?

It must be because the Wii U has a shortage of 2D platformers.

It must be because the Wii U has a shortage of 2D platformers.

It's a 3DS game :p

It must be because Nintendo systems have a shortage of 2D platformers.

It must be because Nintendo systems have a shortage of 2D platformers.

That's better :p

Personally I'd rather see another 2D platformer than another shooter or action RPG. The more the better.

Personally I'd rather see another 2D platformer than another shooter or action RPG. The more the better.
The Wii U doesn't really have any shooters or action RPG's, and given how much you enjoyed Mass Effect 3 it's surprising you'd keep playing the same genre over diversity.

Disappointed about the game, I really want a proper sequel. But if the Amiibo looks nice, I may buy my first.

I don't like how everything is blocky/made out of blocks, even the garden level. Comes across really cheap.

Further functionality for amiibo

So, the official Japanese site updated their amiibo compatibility chart (http://www.nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/software/amiibo_CompatibilityChart.pdf) and in it contains some interesting details.

We all know how the Chibi Robo specific amiibo works (levelling up Chibi Robo and unlocking the Toy Capsule Machine), but now we know what the non Chibi Robo amiibo do.

First, scanning any amiibo will get you coins to spend on items in the game, which we knew beforehand however, we do now know that there is additional functionality for all amiibo except Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Sonic, Pac-man or Mega Man.

If you scan them, you can then access the Toy Capsule Machine which may give you a special figurine of Chibi Robo doing the pose of the amiibo in question. (Thanks to StreetsAhead for clarifying)

Pretty cute functionality.

No surprise that the Pokemon Amiibo are useless....again!

They're not useless in Mario Maker though!

They're not useless in Mario Maker though!

Which only begs the question of why they were left out of other games.

If anything, them being actually useful in Mario Maker (I still refuse to totally believe that until I scan my Greninja amiibo myself) makes me even more irritated that they don't have any other uses outside of Smash.

Why can't I have ninja frog Yoshi when I can have 8-bit ninja frog? I have a Shulk Yoshi, but no ninja frog Yoshi. How does that happen!?

Surely, ninja frog would fit better in a Yoshi game than in a Mario game?

I DEMAND ACTUAL ANSWERS FROM THE POKEMON COMPANY! It irritates me!

Sign in to follow this