NEurope
Dcubed

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Wii U)

Despite me saying I was going to leave the last boss until tomorrow (today now) I ended up continuing to play the game. :p 

The last boss is defeated, the true ending seen and the credits have rolled.

I took a different route to what I originally planned on doing. Instead of farming for items to create better weapons I instead just created the Gold Shard. I upgraded that to the max and then farmed gold. This allowed me to buy stupid amount of health/food items. That being the case, I just brute forced the secret bosses and the last boss. I was essentially just stood there wailing on them and then healed up when needed. :D 

It's been a long time since I had a nigh on a 15 hour session on a game. I think that speaks to how good this game is. Funnily enough my controller charge just ran out as the credits were rolling. Nice timing! :) 

The game had me hooked from the start and even though there are some technical issues with it, the true quality of the gameplay shines through. I'm happy to say that this is a Kickstarter that has delivered.

EDIT: Just found the part of the map I was missing to nab the 100%. :yay:

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

EDIT: Just found the part of the map I was missing to nab the 100%. :yay:

I'm at 99.80% and have no idea where to find the remaining .2 percent...looking at maps online doesn't help :blank: 

18 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I'm at 99.80% and have no idea where to find the remaining .2 percent...looking at maps online doesn't help :blank: 

Have you done the final boss yet? I think that counts towards your percentage.

I took on the post game boss this morning. It took some prep work and the buying of lots of food but I managed to bring it down. Doing so filled in my last remaining entries for the demons and the droppable shards.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Have you done the final boss yet? I think that counts towards your percentage.

Yeah, I had finished the story. It was apparently a bug. Went into a secret room again and voila, 100% ::shrug: 

What weapon did you use for the post game bosses? I still have to fight against the strongest one, but I'm not sure if my weapon is a good choice.

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Yeah, I had finished the story. It was apparently a bug. Went into a secret room again and voila, 100% ::shrug: 

What weapon did you use for the post game bosses? I still have to fight against the strongest one, but I'm not sure if my weapon is a good choice.

I used the katana Mikazuki. I liked using that class as it was a nice balance between speed and power.

The familiar I used was Bloodbringer, although I have no idea if that even helped because the fight was far too hectic.

Welcome Company was my conjure of choice and had been for most the game.

I was over level 50, my armour was the Kitsune Mask, Coronation Gown ( amazing and easy to make ), Talisman Scarf and the Gauge Glasses as I like to see the HP of the bosses.

I then stocked up with around 50 Pork Currys ( best recipe I had at the time ) and went to town on the boss.

With you uncovering all of the map did you beat the ninja in the race? The shard you get for winning is amazing and it makes getting around the map so much quicker and fun.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

With you uncovering all of the map did you beat the ninja in the race? The shard you get for winning is amazing and it makes getting around the map so much quicker and fun.

I did. Really hope you get to keep the shard in NG+

Just finished all quests.

Cooking all required meals for Susie was a pain...so much running back and forth from the shop to the alchemist...

Edited by drahkon

Alright, all bosses done :peace:

Think I'll leave it at that for now until the entire planned new content will arrive. Plenty of time to go after the Platinum then.

Great game. I've fallen out of love with Metroidvanias because most of the recent ones have sucked, but this one...this is good.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Just finished all quests.

Cooking all required meals for Susie was a pain...so much running back and forth from the shop to the alchemist...

Just done this myself. The stupid 1% drop on the Flying Beef was an absolute grind. 

Do you happen to have the final key item? It's underneath Supreme Dish/R at the bottom of the list. It's still ????? for me. I assume it's something different than a recipe given that I was able to finish the cooking side quests.

After 25 hours over two days I've nabbed the platinum. :yay: I had a real hard time putting the game down. 

The 100% completion of the item list is a bit of a killer. Having to craft, pick up or buy EVERY item in the game took some doing. I was having to farming items and money and then make and dismantle items in order to save materials. It was easier to grind the cash to pay for dismantling rather than go after another set of items from a low percentage drop.  It got to the point where I had to whip out a notebook and start making checklists of things I needed to collect and dismantle. There was so much to keep track of. :D 

Having never played Symphony of the Night, l'm going to assume it plays like this. If so, then I will be certainly picking it up sooner rather than later. Actually, I'm pretty sure it's on sale on PSN at the moment.

Again, brilliant game and certainly one of my favs of the year. If the port is stable enough then I highly recommend the game to those who are waiting for the Switch version. The game has so many different weapons and shards to play around with and I imagine anyone will be able to find a play style that suits them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Damn it... I really want my Switch copy to arrive now more than ever. :p

Only a few more days... :blank:

1 minute ago, S.C.G said:

I enjoyed it that much that if the Switch port is good then I may end up double dipping.

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I enjoyed it that much that if the Switch port is good then I may end up double dipping.

I'll be happy to let you know, just as soon as it arrives. :D

It's in the post... it could be with me by tomorrow, if I'm exceptionally lucky.

Edited by S.C.G

57 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I'll be happy to let you know, just as soon as it arrives. :D

It's in the post... it could be with me by tomorrow, if I'm exceptionally lucky.

Where did you order from if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Where did you order from if you don't mind me asking?

Oh, I backed the game on Kickstarter, I got an e-mail saying that it was dispatched on Friday so I'm hoping it will arrive on Monday. :D

They're sending the copies of the games out first and then all the extra stuff later.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Oh, I backed the game on Kickstarter, I got an e-mail saying that it was dispatched on Friday so I'm hoping it will arrive on Monday. :D

They're sending the copies of the games out first and then all the extra stuff later.

Ah, was hoping someone was shipping it early.

10 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Having never played Symphony of the Night, l'm going to assume it plays like this. If so, then I will be certainly picking it up sooner rather than later. Actually, I'm pretty sure it's on sale on PSN at the moment.

I'm in the same boat. Castlevania Requiem is 9.99€ right now. I haven't played either of the two included games and after Bloodstained it seems like an obvious purchase :D 

Well...I bought it. :laughing: 

By the way: Why are we not friends on PSN anymore? :( 

Edited by drahkon

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

By the way: Why are we not friends on PSN anymore? :( 

Because I don't like you. I thought I've made that perfectly clear. :p 

Nah, I deleted just about everyone from my list a while back. I think i've only got about 10 people on it. I figured what's the point of having a large list of people when I don't actually game with most of them.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Because I don't like you. I thought I've made that perfectly clear. :p 

giphy.gif

Nah, I deleted just about everyone from my list a while back. I think i've only got about 10 people on it. I figured what's the point of having a large list of people when I don't actually game with most of them.

Fair enough. I liked seeing what new shiny trophies you acquired in the "What's New" section, though. And at one point you didn't show up anymore. :D 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Tell me about it! its on its away, but my god reading everyone else having fun is not helping the wait

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Agent Gibbs said:

Tell me about it! its on its away, but my god reading everyone else having fun is not helping the wait

And now I'm about to become one of those people having fun with it... as my copy has just arrived! :D

Hopefully your copy should arrive today as well though. :peace:

Right well erm...

*rushes off to put the game card into the Switch, update to version 1.02 and probably not been seen or heard from for the rest of the day/week/month* :bouncy:

• Haha 2

Except... the patch is version 1.01... it just went from version 0.1 to 1.01 and the 1.02 patch isn't due out until tomorrow at who knows what time?

@Hero-of-Time what exactly did the patch change when it went from 1.01 to 1.02?

Is it even worth me starting a file at all? Probably not... damn... looks like its going to be tomorrow then afterall. :(

Just now, S.C.G said:

what exactly did the patch change when it went from 1.01 to 1.02?

Further balance changes.

Most importantly: Patch 1.02 corrupted files from 1.01, i.e. chests were randomly opened/closed again and in some cases you wouldn't have been able to progress. Not sure if the Switch version will suffer from the same issue but I'd say: Wait for patch 1.02 and start a new game then.

• Thanks 1

The wait continues then... :(

I bet the update won't even hit at midnight tonight either, it'll be tomorrow afternoon.

Ah well, I'll just stare at the boxart until then... :blank:

...or just go and do other useful stuff, yeah I'll do that I suppose. :p