NEurope
Dcubed

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Wii U)

Urgh. I said earlier in this thread that Iga can take his time but holy smokes...20-30% complete? So definitely not a Q1 2018 release...

Looks like some straight NES type castlevania there. Im out. I’m less than good at those old 8bit games that thrive on being unforgiving. I’m in for a SOTN style where I don’t have to pull my hair out playing. 

Oh wow, that's a spiritual successor to Castlevania 3 on the NES :o Now that's a surprise!

Ha, that looks great. Total Castlevania III vibes will definitely be picking this up, the VO in that trailer is absolutely appalling though.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (i.e. the 8-bit spin-off) is here.

Well, at least for Steam. Console codes will be available soon. As I only asked for a PS4 code I got a temporary Steam code.

You’re receiving this temporary Steam key because your console code(s) are not yet available. The key is valid through June 8th 2018, after which point the key will no longer work and the game will be removed from your Steam Library. Please note that this temporary key may not show any new games in your Steam Library if you use it before the game is released.

As I can wait for the console code: anybody interested in the Steam one? First come first serve. Post here and I'll PM you :)

Edited by drahkon

The release of Curse Of The Moon went completely under the radar for me, I'd been checking the 'Coming Soon' section regularly so I could add it to my watch list but because it never got added to that section it's release completely passed me by. Just downloaded it now, probably won't get around to playing it until next week but after working my way through the NES Castlevania's last year and just finishing Super Castlevania IV I'm totally down for some classic Castlevania action.

I’ve played some of it. No where near talented enough to not play on easy with infinite lives, but it definitely plays like a classic castlevania. 

I never played the classic Castlevanias.

I love Curse of the Moon, though I haven't fiished it yet. Got a Game Over somewhere, but A continue just lets you continue from the beginning of that stage, and to be honest, the game is pretty generous with lives. I stopped at the start of the last level, though I'm guessing that's not the end of it.

Edited by Sméagol

Still waiting on my backer code for COTM (No, not the GBA game ;)) ... Don't really feel like playing the Steam version I got for free temporarily, I'm just gonna wait for my Switch code.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Still waiting on my backer code for COTM (No, not the GBA game ;)) ... Don't really feel like playing the Steam version I got for free temporarily, I'm just gonna wait for my Switch code.

Yep, same here... I want to play it first on the Switch as it looks amazing and I want to check out that HD Rumble as well. :D

Ah well, I'll just play Ikaruga in the meantime... *checks eShop* ...when Nintendo flicks the switch (no not that one!) to release it. :indeed:

• Thanks 1

I think we can officially take "Wii U" out of the thread title now :laughing:

Looks fantastic! And looks to be well worth the wait! :D 

• Like 1

That's a shame to hear but I'm not giving up hope, there's still time for it to be refined afterall.

I'm backing this game, so I'm still all in for the Switch version.

FINALLY!!!! WE HAVE A RELEASE DATE!!!

Along with a very nice graphical improvement to boot

June 18th for PC/PS4/XB1, June 25th for Switch.

afb.gif

It's finally coming out!! Can't wait! :bouncy:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

Me thinks that the title needs to be updated... I don't think it's coming to Wii U anymore...

Hopefully the gap for the Switch release is due to them fixing the frame rate issues. I'm getting a copy on Switch and PC, but I think I'll be playing the Switch version more often; to me, Metroidvanias mean comfy gaming.

I actually really enjoyed the PC demo, and I saw all the criticism for how it looked but I assumed they'd just put a nice shader over it and call it a day. Didn't actually expect them to go this far, but I'm really impressed. My first thought upon seeing that trailer though was "oh no, how on earth will they run that on the switch?". After I played the demo on PC, I was actually a backer for Vita rather than the Switch, and I asked myself the same thing, I couldn't imagine it actually running very well. And then they pulled their Vita support. Thankfully since they're still going ahead with the Switch release, I can't see it running poorly, they'd catch a lot of flak if their only option for a handheld port was a mess. (Inb4 it only works properly when docked >< )

The bit I'm most excited for is crafting. Dawn of Sorrow's Weapon Synthesis was really fun, so I'm excited that this has an even deeper crafting system. And the different kinds of food you can collect, and that some equipment is actually visible on Miriam, and OUTFITS- ah, I should stop gushing now...

Release day can't come soon enough 😬

• Thanks 1