NEurope
Wii

Amiibo rant thread

This is a thread for those who hate amiibo or disagree with certain practises that they pertain to, e.g. paywalled on disc content. We're not allowed diss or discuss any aspect that's negative towards them it seems or you get removed from the thread even though you've never said a negative word otherwise about a game(Yoshi's Woolly World).

Welcome to North Korea, where you're not allowed have an opinion, if you don't like it, tough. Sit there in silence because you're not allowed hurt certain members delicate feelings.

Now I'll just get my North Korean flag and we'll be set. Actually North Korea is the world outside, still I'll get the flag.

North_Korea_Grunge_Flag_by_think0.jpg

We have other threads similar to this created like the Splatoon voice chat thread and Nintendo and online, so this can join the ranks. Where people are offended so you have to be outcast.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53745

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57113

Edited by Wii

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

Go back to North Korea. This thread isn't for you. :heh: : peace:

Oh man. You have to give the guy credit. Rebelling against the institution and all that.

Ooooh. Unfortunate timing, there.

Remember when I said you weren't doing yourself any favours?

Ooooh. Unfortunate timing, there.

Remember when I said you weren't doing yourself any favours?

I know what you said but there should be free speech. I've paid for Yoshi's Woolly World, I've praised it, show me where I haven't besides just there in the thread? I have 1 problem with it, and it's more the whole amiibo situation really and you get kicked out? That's wrong. It's not a dictatorship.

@Wii you could have just created this thread without all the childish dramatics. You would have been able to have the coversation you wanted and been in the right. Now you just look like a pillock.

I know what you said but there should be free speech. I've paid for Yoshi's Woolly World, I've praised it, show me where I haven't besides just there in the thread? I have 1 problem with it, and it's more the whole amiibo situation really and you get kicked out? That's wrong.

I get where you're coming from, but in the grand scheme of things, do you actually care that much about cosmetics such as skins?

I'm not saying you shouldn't voice your views, but you tend to go overboard over the smallest of things.

Amiibo's are figurines first that give bonus content as little perks. Making those perks available through other methods would take away some of the point.

You give the impression that you don't understand the main draw of it. No-one here bought the Amiibo's for the content they give you in games (I definitely didn't buy my Bowser and Greninja one to use them in Smash)

That's perfectly fine, but don't go whinging about every little thing they give as if they're the apocalypse.

Amiibo's are figurines first that give bonus content as little perks. Making those perks available through other methods would take away some of the point.

You give the impression that you don't understand the main draw of it. No-one here bought the Amiibo's for the content they give you in games (I definitely didn't buy my Bowser and Greninja one to use them in Smash)

He seems to refuse to understand this. As you say, no one buys amiibos first and foremost for the in-game perks, we buy them because they're nice little figurines. The small bonus content in lots of titles is just that, a bonus.

@Wii you could have just created this thread without all the childish dramatics. You would have been able to have the coversation you wanted and been in the right. Now you just look like a pillock.

I'm pissed off. When I've calmed down, I'll no doubt agree. 1 thing, I picked on in the thread, 1 and I'm out. I know who did it too I'm sure. Not the first encounter and doubtless I won't get a response to the PM I sent either like before.

My leech of a troll that follows me everywhere has been worse in just a few hours today.

I'll clean it up in a bit.

I'm pissed off. When I've calmed down, I'll no doubt agree. 1 thing, I picked on in the thread, 1 and I'm out. I know who did it too I'm sure. Not the first encounter and doubtless I won't get a response to the PM I sent either like before.

My leech of a troll that follows me everywhere has been worse in just a few hours today.

I'll clean it up in a bit.

To be fair, you guys were all warned that things were gonna get harsher due to the constant bickering and derailing of threads. I'm pretty sure Ronnie has been temp banned from threads as well.

If you want to kick off then PM the relevant people. If you want to discuss certain negative points in a new thread, without the risk of derailing another thread, then that's fine as well. As Happenstance pointed out, the way you've gone about this is a bit of a mess, though.

Would this be the wrong thread to mention i have an Amiibo for sale in?

Depends...

Which one is it?

I'm locking the thread, not because it's "negative" but because of the way it was created.

Some threads have been created to allow discussion of an element (such as voice chat) to keep the main thread clean so people can take about the actual game (in this example, Splatoon).

Despite popular believe, it is allowed to be negative and voice your dislike of something. The issue is people seem to be unable to have mature discussions and respect each others opinion without resorting to arguing or insults.