NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil 0 HD (2016)

Well, they finally announced it!

eQjJYEp.jpg

It's due to arrive early next year and will be on the PS4, PS3, 360, One & PC.

I'm hoping the PS3 version will be on a disc again.

@Fierce_LiNk & @Aneres11 should be interested in this.

I'm kinda annoyed that there isn't a Wii U version. It's perfectly capable of at least what the 360/PS3 are able to do. On the other hand, unlikely I'll purchase it outside of the PC version personally, but that's just me not everyone.

Awesome! cannot wait to play this, i don't think i ever finished the game

now is there a really convoluted way i can convert my gamecube save to pc then PS4? like i got my Xbox save of Mas effect converted to PC then Ps3

Awesome! cannot wait to play this, i don't think i ever finished the game

now is there a really convoluted way i can convert my gamecube save to pc then PS4? like i got my Xbox save of Mas effect converted to PC then Ps3

Not in a million years :p

like i got my Xbox save of Mas effect converted to PC then Ps3

Off topic, but is this possible to do without a jail-broken ps3? I'm asking for a friend.

Off topic, but is this possible to do without a jail-broken ps3? I'm asking for a friend.

It seemed to work (on unmodded), i only really tested out it loaded up, i think with Mass effect the saves were fairly easy to modify so it allowed it

Xbox to PC was quite easy, the PC to PS3 conversion seems to have worked

Are there likely to be many improvements between the PS3 and PS4 versions?

If not then I might go for the disc-based PS3 version on import or I suppose I could just play my Gamecube copy.

No trophies but... I do like playing Resi games on a GC pad, something that just seems to work really well. :)

I loooooved Zero when it came out. That first section on the train was excellent. It loses it a bit towards the end, but the game in general was great.

Tempted to get this then and the first one. It'll depend on what I'm playing around that time.

I know there's no WiiU version and I know this should make me angry or pissed but...I'm past caring about which games do and don't turn up on that system any more. It no longer affects me.

YASSSSSSS.

And @Mike1988uk will also be erect at this news.

I'm made up. Though I can imagine the 17 needed play throughs to 100% now. :shakehead

:heh:

I bought this when it came out and I still haven't played it. Going to buy it obvs, so it can go unplayed until it's released for 4K pocket calculators thirteen years later.

YASSSSSSS.

And @Mike1988uk will also be erect at this news.

I'm made up. Though I can imagine the 17 needed play throughs to 100% now. :shakehead

:heh:

Can't remember the last time I posted on here but thought I would pop on forum and to see this..... YIPEE. Eract indeed!

I seem to remember us talking about wanting this not so long ago!

I'm definitely up for the challenge. I still need to do Resident Evil 1 HD!

That combo pack's cool, since I skipped the latest remake. Might jump in if the price is right :)

Surely someone has played this?!

I am currently working through Zero at present.

Finished a Normal play through and then played through the Leech Hunter mode (which was a complete bastard, but when I consulted a guide it was fairly straight forward :P )

Now I have to complete it on hard which I started yesterday.

Was too much of a wuss to attempt that first time through. :awesome:

Finding it difficult already. I haven't died much, but the lack of ammo is a problem and it's something that affected me towards the end of my normal play through. But I did kill everything that moved the first time, which I've now learned is not really necessary.

Enjoying the game lots though. Kitted Rebecca out into the sluttiest outfit possible at the earliest opportunity (standard), and think the game shines when the dual character puzzles come into play.

Story and combat still as naff as ever though, but part of the overall RE charm! :D

Can you buy the physical collection or is it digital only?

I'd recommend the physical one.

I had no problems with Resident Evil when playing last year, but Zero has been sluggish, slow and laggy in lots of places for me. For seemingly no reason. It'd be running fine one minute, then the next is just slowed right down. ::shrug:

There were a number of times when I had to quit out of the game and reload it to keep it running smoothly. It may be an Xbox One thing, but it's pretty annoying.

Wouldn't imagine the disc copy would be the same, or even the PS4 download. Might just be me! :angry:

So I have been playing this on a hard playthrough and have reached the very end of the game now.

I am actually pretty chuffed with myself at managing to get as far as I have with relatively no problems. I've had to re-do certain bits a number of times, but I've enjoyed the challenge of it way more than I did with Resident Evil.

I remember on my normal play through having no health and no ammo what so ever and just scraped the final hour or so by the skin of my teeth.

This time, I have ammo in spades and both my characters have full health. So I'm hoping for a relatively smooth finish!

I love that they've brought these games to the PS4 / XBOX stores. They just don't do games like this anymore, which might be for a reason :grin: but I think they need to bring it back.

Can't wait for the remake of RE:2 as I never played that one anyway so I'd like to see more of where they took the story and a bit more about Claire after her stint in Revelations 2.

Can't wait for the remake of RE:2 as I never played that one anyway so I'd like to see more of where they took the story and a bit more about Claire after her stint in Revelations 2.

I just hope they don't cock it up. Resident Evil 2 is one of my favourite ever games and if they botch that up then I won't be a happy man.

Did you play Code Veronica? Claire got plenty of screen time in that, as well.

I just hope they don't cock it up. Resident Evil 2 is one of my favourite ever games and if they botch that up then I won't be a happy man.

Did you play Code Veronica? Claire got plenty of screen time in that, as well.

Nope.

Didn't play 2 or Code Veronica.

I was going to pick them up and play them. But I'm sure I read somewhere that they were not good games to play now as they haven't aged well at all?

Truth? Or is there still some enjoyment to be had?

Also, did you play through Zero?

Nope.

Didn't play 2 or Code Veronica.

I was going to pick them up and play them. But I'm sure I read somewhere that they were not good games to play now as they haven't aged well at all?

Truth? Or is there still some enjoyment to be had?

Also, did you play through Zero?

It depends if you don't mind the tank controls. I just played through Resident Evil 3 last week on the Vita ( see the 2016 Gaming Diary thread ) and it still felt like it held up really well.

Resident Evil 2 is really god tier stuff though. 4 campaigns, great story, excellent antagonist, brilliant music, just a flat out awesome game.

I really like Code Veronica, as well. The opening cutscene to the game is still fantastic to watch. The extended version that was released on the Cube and PS2 had extra Wesker stuff in it and it felt far more fleshed out. Easily better than the Dreamcast version, although I do miss the feature of having your health bar on the VMU. :D

I actually have the HD collection sitting on my shelf waiting to be played. Well, at least Zero. I finished Resident Evil HD a couple of Christmases ago and it's still fresh in my head.

Are you going to do a no save run on this game? I've read there's a part where the frogs jump out of a fountain that you need to be real careful about as they can one shot you. I remember a Hunter did this to me on RE HD. I had to start my run again. :(