NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Rocket League

I just need two trophies before the Platinum, the full items one and the distance one. Did you all just use the rubberband trick to get that last one? :P

I still very much suck at this game by the way haha.

Some of these goals are fucking filthy

Edited by dwarf

: peace: Will buy this.

Me too, probably. I almost feel guilty that I've paid nothing so far for such an awesome game. Almost.

My Rocket-peen just shrunk dramatically...

That video makes me stupendously angry and I can't properly verbalize why.

Pissening.

Hooooooow? How are they able to get so much air time?

Also, this game + the new Chemical Brothers album on Spotify is just an instant win.

Pissening.

Hooooooow? How are they able to get so much air time?

Jump, point the nose of the car skywards and hit the boost. Like a rocket. In some sort of league. A Rocket League if you will.

Go into training and have a free training session or whatever it's called where you can just piss around. You have infinite boost in that mode, so you can fly all over the place and practice. I quite enjoy pointing the nose of the car straight up and managing the boost so I can fly indefinitely, whilst tilting the car to move around the pitch. Managed to do flips and spins whilst keeping the car hovering too. I'll upload a video at some point.

It's a shame that there's not a match variant where you can have infinite boost. Would be great fun to properly fly around the pitch. I guess it would have to be unranked, but it would still be fun.

The flying in this game is just inaccurate enough to make it an unpopular technique, but still doable for people who put the practice in. I love the handling of this game, I wouldn't change a thing.

Jump, point the nose of the car skywards and hit the boost. Like a rocket. In some sort of league. A Rocket League if you will.

Go into training and have a free training session or whatever it's called where you can just piss around. You have infinite boost in that mode, so you can fly all over the place and practice. I quite enjoy pointing the nose of the car straight up and managing the boost so I can fly indefinitely, whilst tilting the car to move around the pitch. Managed to do flips and spins whilst keeping the car hovering too. I'll upload a video at some point.

It's a shame that there's not a match variant where you can have infinite boost. Would be great fun to properly fly around the pitch. I guess it would have to be unranked, but it would still be fun.

The flying in this game is just inaccurate enough to make it an unpopular technique, but still doable for people who put the practice in. I love the handling of this game, I wouldn't change a thing.

Mind blown. I will be trying this as soon as I can.

Tip for flying:

Don't use up all of your boost in one go. Try to figure out how much boost you need for the height you're trying to reach, once you've reached it just tap boost to keep forward momentum (or whatever direction you want to go; adjust pitch and rotate left or right) and maintain height.

Holding the handbrake (or power slide button) let's you move your car in mid-air with the analogue stick. Might help, too in certain situations.

Introduced the missus to this last week as she's been off work ill so thought she might enjoy it for messing about on during the day. And she loves it, so much so that she beats me to picking up the controller to play it before I even get a chance to. Gonna have to pick up another controller soon anyway so 2 player fun time to be had :) She plays games anyway but I think it speaks volumes to the quality of the game in that it is a simple idea but very well executed and easily accessible.

Still loving it every bit as much as when it was released. Haven't really had enough time to put in online but going off of some of those videos people have been posting, I may not hold up very well. At least I'm improving on my goal saving so that may at least be useful if I do venture online.

So I just played this for the first time in a while (after installing a new update) and it starting running like shit. :shakehead The online game I played was a complete lagfest (worst I've ever experienced in this game) and even offline seemed to be a bit glitchy. :blank:

Anyone else noticing this kind of stuff since the latest update?

Anyone else noticing this kind of stuff since the latest update?

Yep, online is a bit of a mixed bag right now.

80% of the matches are fine for me but the rest is laggy and most end in a disconnect. :blank:

Especially in ranked mode it's happening a lot.

Tell me if I'm spamming, but felt like I had to post this:

Tell me if I'm spamming, but felt like I had to post this:

That was fantastic. :o

I find it slightly surreal how this game suddenly has its own sort of subculture. There are celebrities (like the two in that match), there's tournaments that are getting made, there are compilations people are making...it's strange after taking part in the beta to see just how big this is becoming.

Really happy for it, the game is brilliant.

I heart this game so hard. Beginning to loose faith in humanity playing with randos though. Anyone for a game on PSN? Plz.

New cars look awesome :D

Got the final trophy for the Supersonic Fury DLC just now. Trophy list shows 100% for Rocket Leage again :awesome:

Edit:

Sweet Jesus, I had a nice comeback just now. Played a ranked match. Standard. Skill Rating of 265. Not that much, but haven't played standard ranked as much as I have doubles ranked.

Anyway. The first highlight: What a save! :shakehead Man, I was angry at myself :D

But then...I turned this game around with a nice hatrick, if I may say so myself. :awesome:

Edited by drahkon
Automerged Doublepost

Feels like I've either peaked or the level of competition has gotten seriously high in the past fortnight. I hit about 600 in Ranked Solo but now regardless of playlist I struggle to win. I'm up for playing more games with players from here though sometime?

Feels like I've either peaked or the level of competition has gotten seriously high in the past fortnight. I hit about 600 in Ranked Solo but now regardless of playlist I struggle to win. I'm up for playing more games with players from here though sometime?

Me and two mates played yesterday just for a laugh and the amount of abuse we got was unreal... and that was from teams that were destroying us!!

But yeah, there's some insanely good players out there already!

I had absolutely no idea what Rocket League was until the lack of activity on the forum today lured me towards some of the threads I rarely, if ever, visit :heh:

Is this better than 'Soccer' in Excitebike 64 then? :grin:

I had absolutely no idea what Rocket League was until the lack of activity on the forum today lured me towards some of the threads I rarely, if ever, visit :heh:

Is this better than 'Soccer' in Excitebike 64 then? :grin:

This is better than soccer, period.

Well, when the servers are working correctly anyway. :heh:

Sign in to follow this