NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Rocket League

Really fun games with Emerald, Lost & Hero's nephew. Scores this cracker last night with them:

There's some gfycat tags that you can use to embed that.

[GIFYCAT*][*/GIFYCAT] without the stars. Then, add the last part of your url and you can embed the gif. :D

Great goal!

Also, how do you go online with a party against other humans? Do you just select bots to "no bots" in the menu?

There I was, thinking: "Hey, you're level 21 now, matchmaking will have you play with people who've spent as much time with the game as you have and are probably quite good."

Oh, how wrong I was.

Nobody has the common fucking sense to stay fucking back when the other two team members are already fucking attacking.

Every match I end up staying in the goal because otherwise the opponent could score fucking goals left and right. And the worst part is: When I'm the goalie...the other two SUCK at attacking and scoring goals.

YES I'M ANGRY. :p

At least the servers are working fine now.

It does become a free-for-all at times. When I played with @RedShell the other night, I did get sucked in quite a bit whereas I would usually stay back and be more careful. I think the tendency is that people just get overexcited because they see the ball and go for it. That's what I did. :p

It's strange, because when I play against bots, I usually hang back and get goals on the counter. Weird, innit.

It does become a free-for-all at times. When I played with @RedShell the other night, I did get sucked in quite a bit whereas I would usually stay back and be more careful. I think the tendency is that people just get overexcited because they see the ball and go for it. That's what I did. :p

It's strange, because when I play against bots, I usually hang back and get goals on the counter. Weird, innit.

It's just like playing football IRL, nobody wants to be in goal. :laughing:

Normally though, if my team is in the lead then I usually try to stay back a bit, but then I'll almost always see an opportunity for a shot and can't help rushing forward again! :D

Soooo, my girlfriend played this yesterday. Besides being a goddamn savant at Mario Kart Wii she's not really into video games and therefore not good at them. Fucking noob.

Here's the deal: It was 2 in the morning, she was tired as hell, I wasn't so she went to bed and I decided to play some Rocket League. I started a match, thinking she was just not giving a shit and trying to sleep. A minute into the match she said: "I WANT TO TRY!". So I let her do some free-play with my body.

She's never used the DS4 and doesn't know its layout so it was quite a new experience for her...Suffice it to say that it took quite some time for her to hit the ball :laughing:

A couple of minutes later I set up an exhibition match with rookie AI. In the third match she scored 4 goals, gave 2 assists and made an Epic Save. :blank:

Of course, she basically just followed the ball, tried to get to grips with steering the car...boosts, jumps and camera work were not really the things she focused on. :D

Anyway, she played for 3 hours...I didn't get any sexy time. She even woke me up when she cursed the AI for being a (I'll translate it as best as I can) "stupid fucking cuntass".

30 minutes ago I got a text: "By the way, Rocket League is amazing".

I bought a ring, will propose tomorrow, wedding will be on Monday.

K thx bye

We had some absolutely phenomenal games earlier.

We were playing 3v3 against some randomers and we were 2-0 down within the first 45 seconds. We had tons and tons of chances, they had chances, it was a proper back and forth game.

With about a minute and a half to go, we grab a goal. Then, with about 30 seconds left, @Eenuh gets a great goal to make it 2-2. Fantastic. I'm looking at the chat log on the left hand side and their team are giving it all "OMG" "WTF" "%@£_)$$!$" and that sorta stuff.

We knock the ball forward with 10 seconds left to go. It's right in front of goal. All you can see is us three jumping AROUND the ball and not making contact with it whatsoever. The crowd are counting down. Fuck, it's not going to happen. I think I tried reversing the ball into the goal and I miss it. 3 seconds left. 2 seconds. 1 second. IT'S IN. One second left on the clock and we have the winner. @Eenuh and I erupted. The chat log is filled with "Nooooooooooooooooooo" Just unbelievable.

Crazy comeback and by far the best game we've had on here so far. We had that crazy overtime game earlier in the week and we had another one like that earlier, but we ended up losing 6-5. I think we were much better today, although I still mistimed my jumps a little.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

René Higuita style EPIC SAVE! :hehe:

Is there a permed mullet accessory I can unlock for my car? :laughing:

Use the ball cam :blank:

:p

I really don't like the ball cam, I just find it much harder to line shots up.

But I am pretty terrible at the game. :p

Use the ball cam :blank:

:p

I suppose that's what happens when you jump in with no tutorial.

I almost had an amazing comeback, unfortunately the overtime didn't go too well

(the good stuff is at 4:30)

It's the opposite for me. I find it much harder to line up shots without the ball cam :D

However, I'm in the process of learning how to perfectly switch between the two camera options moments before the shot. It should be a seamless process, it's not, though because I suck at it :laughing:

But I am pretty terrible at the game. :p

It's the opposite for me. I find it much harder to line up shots without the ball cam :D

However, I'm in the process of learning how to perfectly switch between the two camera options moments before the shot. It should be a seamless process, it's not, though because I suck at it :laughing:

Ball cam is great when you haven't got the ball but it is dogshit when the ball is in the air. I can't header the ball properly if I've got it set up to ball cam.

I switch between the two. I did it for most of yesterday's games and I came out as the top player in all of the games bar one.

That one was where we did a 2vs2 and got our arse handed to us 9-0...they were easily the best players we've come across so far.

I've noticed more teams are now employing a goalkeeper, which makes it really difficult to score. We had a player on our team for the final game who was...pretty terrible to say the least. Think he was responsible for the goals we conceded and he ended up with a score of 10, which I don't even-

Does anyone else find that the bots in the online mode are extremely good?

The bots are better than 90% of the players.

Including me.

Oh boy. Played this for the first time tonight. This game is immense! I'm rubbish at it but I love it. Can you power up your cars or is it all cosmetic? Some of the players online are so good I'm hoping it's because they have better cars.

Can you power up your cars or is it all cosmetic?

Cosmetic only.

However, the cars have slightly different hitboxes, nothing important, though.

And apparently people found out that certain cars have larger/smaller turning circles. Can't confirm because I only use one car :D

My mate and I have been wrecking noobs on Ranked Doubles. Currently at a close to 700 rating.

Merlin is a pain in my ass.

CK99SCJUEAAUMY5.jpg:large

First free map, Utopia Coliseum. Supposed to be out in a few weeks.

Looks sweet :awesome:

Now something like this is suddenly making me want to play this game finally, I may be switching on my PS4 tonight. :)

Now something like this is suddenly making me want to play this game finally, I may be switching on my PS4 tonight. :)

This isn't out, yet, though.

However, I'm not saying you shouldn't switch on your PS4 :p

This looks nice.

The game continues to be awesome. I only need about two or three more trophies until I get the Platinum. @Eenuh is pretty close, too.

We should get some games going on here. :D

Hopefully they'll get the cross-platform friends stuff working. I was quite disappointed when the "cross platform" was only against random people.

I'm just 1 trophy away from the platinum... that 500km one! Does it still get awarded on 70km if you use the same set of wheels?

That new arena looks awesome!

Sign in to follow this