NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Rocket League

Matchmaking not working in the afternoon for the 7th day in a row now... :blank:

Step up your game Psyonix...getting a little ridiculous.

Edit: First Aerial goal. It was an easy setup, but I am still proud :laughing:ignore my bad camera work

Fuckin' hell, how did you manage to get your gifs smaller @RedShell?

Edited by drahkon

I downloaded this game yesterday! Haven't played it yet, but it looks epic!

Had some insane games online tonight with @Daft and @MilaGi, we didn't lose a match and racked up a 10 game winning streak, so much fun!

Got the platinum as well! :)

Fuckin' hell, how did you manage to get your gifs smaller @RedShell?
I normally resize 'em in video editing software, but I believe gfycat can also do this if you select the "Resize large uploads automatically" check box when uploading a file.

Anyway, nice goal. icon14.gif

Had two particularly epic games with @Eenuh again today.

In our first match (we were doing season mode again in co-op), we were playing reeeeeally shit and were 5-0 down with about 40 seconds left to play. We'd just conceded the fifth goal and had the kick off. I scored from there. Got another kick off, scored again instantly to make it 5-2. Then, got another one! And another! 5-4 to them with about 20 seconds on the clock left over. It was ridiculous. Eenuh took the next kick off and we juuuuuust missed it. Unbelievable game. Saved the replay.

The other game we finished 11-0 victors...with me scoring all 11! Mugged them. Best game evaaaar.

This game is absolutely brilliant. Great concept and it plays just perfectly. I went into a season straight away with no experience and it was so easy to pick up. I just learned as I played, never once feeling like I was lost.

Some highlights:

Goal:

goal2.gif

"Epic Save":

save.gif

S'all about that purple boost.

The game is so much greater than the sum of its parts.

"Epic Save":

save.gif

I must've watched this about 5 times in a row. :o

How the hell did you do that? That's Jedi-level reflexes.

Had some insane games online tonight with @Daft and @MilaGi, we didn't lose a match and racked up a 10 game winning streak, so much fun!

Unbeaten from all the games we played which was impressive! Have to say it's an awesome game! Had a great laugh too!

Unbeaten from all the games we played which was impressive! Have to say it's an awesome game! Had a great laugh too!

Yeah, it was an absolute riot. I'll be around tomorrow night if you guys are up for another team up.

I'm about 40 games off the Platinum. Sooooooon.

Game's freaking awesome. Start up Spotify, put on Royal Blood and go wreck some noobs :awesome:

Edit: Still a huge-ass video...I put it in spoiler tags so it won't annoy people

Edited by drahkon

Yeah, it was an absolute riot. I'll be around tomorrow night if you guys are up for another team up.

I'm about 40 games off the Platinum. Sooooooon.

Yeah, I'll be up for this. :)

Matchmaking worked for an hour today. It's an improvement... :indeed:

Not working right now. If I had paid 20€ for the game I'd be angry. Now I'm "only" annoyed. Has to be one of the worst releases of an online multiplayer game I've ever taken part in.

It's a shame as the game is really amazing...

We managed to get online! We won the first game but lost the others. Think our biggest loss was 8-3...our team were a bit shit. Think I ended up the mvp in every game.

I made a good save earlier. Not sure how you guys went about saving your footage from this...did you view it in the game's replay mode, then share factory clip it and then youtube it before giffing it? Or is there a quicker way I am unaware of?

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

did you view it in the game's replay mode, then share factory clip it and then youtube it before giffing it? Or is there a quicker way I am unaware of?

You don't have to youtube it. Just copy the rendered video to a USB device, copy to PC and upload to gfycat.com

Apart from the first day or two I've managed to get online every time. Tonight it was laggy as hell but that could be my awful internet connection.

Hot damn this game is addicting as all hell. And for free too.

EDIT: Wow, 3 goals and 3 assists in a 6-2 win just now. By far the MVP with about 600 points more than the other nearest player. If only I was this awesome at FIFA. :p

Edited by Emerald Emblem

@Fierce_LiNk and I are playing this online right now. We just had an epic game that went 5-5, so we had to do overtime. Was super tense, but thanks to our extra team player, we managed to win it! :D

Despite scoring 3 goals in that game (most by accident), I am still very shit at this game haha. But it is fun at least, and exciting!

Cheers for the games, @Eenuh and @RedShell. I played shiiiiiit tonight, I was much better yesterday. Without exaggeration, I think I was the worst player in every single game I played in tonight, whereas I was pretty decent yesterday. Not sure what happened, but my timing was really off with the jumps and I scored a tooooon of own goals. Aw well, you live and learn.

Cheers for the games, @Eenuh and @RedShell. I played shiiiiiit tonight, I was much better yesterday. Without exaggeration, I think I was the worst player in every single game I played in tonight, whereas I was pretty decent yesterday. Not sure what happened, but my timing was really off with the jumps and I scored a tooooon of own goals. Aw well, you live and learn.
Same thing happens to me, it's not easy to play consistently well on this game as there's quite a bit of luck involved really. :hmm:

BTW, how do you send those little messages during a match?

And is it possible for a team of friends to play against a team of random players, rather than just AI? I couldn't work it out. ::shrug:

Same thing happens to me, it's not easy to play consistently well on this game as there's quite a bit of luck involved really. :hmm:

BTW, how do you send those little messages during a match?

And is it possible for a team of friends to play against a team of random players, rather than just AI? I couldn't work it out. ::shrug:

I think it is down to luck, but also there is definitely skill involved, especially in terms of timing your jumps, hitting the ball the right way (it's not as easy as it sounds...) there's quite a bit of depth there. I couldn't get my timing right today.

I sent the messages by using the d-pad. I think the left button sends compliments and I can't remember what the other ones do.

I've only done split-screen online so far with @Eenuh. So, there's two of us on one PS4 and we went to find a game online that way. I don't know if it's possible for friends on separate PS4s to team up and play against randomers or whether it has to be bots. Not sure...

Really fun games with Emerald, Lost & Hero's nephew. Scores this cracker last night with them:

Edited by Rowan

There I was, thinking: "Hey, you're level 21 now, matchmaking will have you play with people who've spent as much time with the game as you have and are probably quite good."

Oh, how wrong I was.

Nobody has the common fucking sense to stay fucking back when the other two team members are already fucking attacking.

Every match I end up staying in the goal because otherwise the opponent could score fucking goals left and right. And the worst part is: When I'm the goalie...the other two SUCK at attacking and scoring goals.

YES I'M ANGRY. :p

At least the servers are working fine now.

Really fun games with Emerald, Lost & Hero's nephew. Scores this cracker last night with them:

Was an amazing goal, shame there is no audio because we all were just like "WOW! Where'd that come from?!"

Sign in to follow this