NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Rocket League

I've had a few goes at this game; mannnn do I suck at it haha. It is fun though, but I am awful. :P

I had one fluke game where I scored 2 or 3 goals, but most other games have seen me failing miserably, barely even touching the ball. Think I need more practice haha.

This game is amazing. Never heard of it before I read something about it on the PS Blog.

Tried the beta and instantly fell in love with it :D

At first I just drove to wherever the ball was (as most players keep doing) but that's not really the way to go.

Being defensive is important. I always tend to stay back. That way I can boost in when there's an opening and quickly get back to our goal to defend.

Looking forward to playing it again tonight :)

Had a brief dabble with it myself this afternoon and have to admit that it's a lot of fun despite me being absolutely useless at it, I did finally manage to score a couple of goals in my last game but that was more luck than anything else.

I really should read the PS Blog a lot more because had it not been for me still periodically lurking on these forums (haven't posted for quite some time) I wouldn't have known anything about this game.

Had a brief dabble with it myself this afternoon and have to admit that it's a lot of fun despite me being absolutely useless at it, I did finally manage to score a couple of goals in my last game but that was more luck than anything else.

I really should read the PS Blog a lot more because had it not been for me still periodically lurking on these forums (haven't posted for quite some time) I wouldn't have known anything about this game.

I kinda wish I had joined the beta a lot sooner. Definitely going to get the full game, I think it's awesome.

I tried some split-screen earlier with @Eenuh. Two of us online together on the same team in a 4v4. We won our first game 2-1 with both of us scoring the goals. :D

I tried some split-screen earlier with @Eenuh. Two of us online together on the same team in a 4v4.

Excuse me? There is split-screen in the beta now?

And you can play split-screen and jump into an online match now?

Awesome.

Baffles me how Nintendo still can't do this and yet basically every other developer can.

Awesome.

Baffles me how Nintendo still can't do this and yet basically every other developer can.

Yup, it's there. If you get player two to log onto the PS4, a second car appears in the menu screen. I tried just doing a 1v1 game but couldn't find out how to do that, so the only choice was for us to go online together. I guess the whole point of the beta is to test the online.

So, there's two of us doing splitscreen and going online together. Worked absolutely fine.

That's awesome. : peace:

Played three matches just now and got three MVP awards. Yes, I'm that good :awesome: :p

Awesome.

zDL7Lsa.jpg

zDL7Lsa.jpg

:p

I actually meant 4 player splitscreen online. I know Mario Kart 8 has 2 player splitscreen online.

The additional stages in the full game look pretty good. I like how the cars are more of an aesthetic thing and won't change the physics of the game because I think that could be a bit of a pain for some. Best to keep this particular game simple.

Craving more of it.

Can't wait for the full game and some of us wrecking noobs :laughing:

605qhfy.jpg

Jwyk5PO.jpg

npL7aTa.jpg

iCUZhf4.jpg

QARWVkK.jpg

Managed to score some cool goals, particularly proud of the last one because I basically set this up for myself :awesome: :D

Release Date: 7th July 2015 :bouncy:

[tweet]606109317264121856[/tweet]

So, 19.99€ for us then.

Edited by drahkon

Swweeeeet. I'll be picking this up on release.

Beta was such a blast. Couldn't put it down. Can see myself playing for little bursts here and there.

[tweet]617082568563777536[/tweet]

Hopefully the PS+ "price" will be available at midnight, too. Apparently the New Zealand version became free for the Instant Game Collection an hour after the game has been released.

Fingers crossed that I'll be able to play it tonight : peace:

Someone change the thread title as it's no longer a beta :p

Edit: I'm a sucker and made a New Zealand account...there is a 14 days trial for PS+, so.......downloading now :laughing:

Edit²: Got a huge amount of trophies already.

Edited by drahkon

Went online today...man, it's worse than the first day of the beta.

This is basically what people are doing:

dX9YNPd.png

Edit: [tweet]618371450492186624[/tweet]

Servers have been down for the majority of the day...Can't be too salty because I've played the game for 4 hours last night :laughing:

Edited by drahkon

My first ever Rocket League goal:

Complete with excellent crashing into the wall celebration! :heh:

This game is rad! icon14.gif

Unfortunately it's also one to make my PS4 sound like it's about to take off. icon13.gif

Really don't understand how this can give my system more trouble than Batman, but there you go. ::shrug:

Unfortunately it's also one to make my PS4 sound like it's about to take off. icon13.gif

Really don't understand how this can give my system more trouble than Batman, but there you go. ::shrug:

It's a known issue. Devs are working on it. Hopefully they can fix this soon.

Only two trophies missing.

Getting all the items and driving for a total of 500km. The latter will take quite some time...

Game is awesome, obviously.

Tried an exhibition match earlier and have tweaked my ride a little bit. In a way, I like how the changes are just for aesthetics.

[tweet]618554415083945985[/tweet]

Man, I can see this destroying the great first impressions the devs/the game got...It's been a day now and the servers are still down.

Fucking love this. We should get some online games going when we can.

Will probably be online tonight. Not up for party chat, though, as my girlfriend will most likely be with me.

Just about to give this a spin for the first time. The tutorial was fun so that's a good start!

Sign in to follow this