NEurope
Daft

Supergirl (TV Show)

Where is everyone watching this? can someone PM me a link or something please?

I'm in my living room.

Looks fun! There are now so many comic book/superhero shows, to think that not long ago we basically only had Smallville!

Ikr! I spent all my childhood yearning for more superhero films/series, and now that we've got so much I'm so behind on all of them. I've always been a bit more Marvel than DC but the Superman films were notable for me when I was a kid, and I loved Smallville(though I'm still only like halfway through, gonna start again soon on Netflix maybe) and really liked the look of the trailer for this. Hoping it'll be something I get on board with but I haven't followed any other DC stuff and not sure if I should first? Is it all going to tie in or at all?

It won't all tie in, as far as I can tell Supergirl is in a universe of its own, as is Gotham. Arrow and Flash are closely intertwined with each other as is the other new CW show. You should check them all out, and Daredevil if you're a Marvel fan and haven't caught that yet.

Yeah I'm quite behind and need to watch Daredevil too. Problem is I start watching something I'm more in the mood for as a one-off then cane the crap out of it due to Chromecast+Netflix's autoplay. I'll probably go with Daredevil next but I unfortunately started watching Misfits this week as well. Maybe I'll try to superhero-theme my watching for the coming weeks!

Holy shit. So this finally kicked into gear a bit this week. DAT REVEAL!!

QJZx4CC.png

Awesome :D Not gonna pop that spoiler but looking forward to catching up on this now.

Shame this can't be tied into the CW's universe, it has the same utterly unapologetic goofy fun vibe.

There's still a chance they could cross over. I reckon it would involve Barry running into Earth-Something.

And just a non-spoilary warning, the episode before that big bit is really bad. And honestly the series isn't great but it is slowly improving for the most part. This thing that has happened has hooked me at least for the next few episodes.

I thought there was the possibility, just for now they wanted to establish the series on its own first?

tempted to click that spoiler, i'm assuming its relating to Hank? unless they've actually shown a superman on screen? only two things i can see needing revealing.

I'm enjoying the show at times, sometimes its a little too cheesy and some characters are suffering the love interest fate that Laurel and Iris have faced in Arrow/Flash respectively (you know which boring ass characters i mean)

Holy shit. So this finally kicked into gear a bit this week. DAT REVEAL!!

QJZx4CC.png

Just watched this episode, and not being a big comic fan, I've no idea who/what he is and why it's exciting?

Any help?

Just watched this episode, and not being a big comic fan, I've no idea who/what he is and why it's exciting?

Any help?

He's a good guy, big character in comics, he's been in cartoons and Smallville too.

It's the Martian Manhunter, one of the usual Justice League roster (along with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash etc etc)

He's a good guy, big character in comics, he's been in cartoons and Smallville too.

It's the Martian Manhunter, one of the usual Justice League roster (along with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash etc etc)

Ahhh... still don't know him, but thanks for the info!