NEurope
Daft

Supergirl (TV Show)

Think this finally warrants its own thread since the trailer has been released.

I was expecting it to be kind of like the Flash but a little less action packed. Fuck me, this looks awesome. The perfect blend of camp and serious. I think they've done pretty well capturing Kara in this, too. Melissa Benoist looks great.

The whole airplane scene reminds me of something the Flash does in #3 or #4 of Manapaul's recent run, where he vibrates the plane through the bridge. In fact, the scene looks incredibly similar but at the same time completely new. I'm excited and amazed it looks so good.

Off topic, I really wanted to call this thread Superguuuurl but I resisted.

lets get the bad out of the way; I didn't like the song at the end, just seemed too disney channel like something you'd get off of one of their teen shows

Aside from that i loved the trailer, looks very promising and in a similar vein to Flash it will be very interesting to see where they go from here because the more mythos of DC they do, the more odd it seems they don't mention Superman and Batman, either allow a TV show version (or cast someone for rare cameo's) or allow a combined TV/Film universe

I really like the look of this! In fact I stopped watching about 2 mins in because I felt like it was showing too much.

Looks fun! There are now so many comic book/superhero shows, to think that not long ago we basically only had Smallville!

Hopefully it achieves the right balance of serious and light-hearted like The Flash has so far :)

Wow, it actually looks quite good in some sense. I had certainly expected worse!

Will watch it but probably not while it's running. I'll wait for the whole thing to be out before starting it. Maybe even wait for it to hit Netflix!

I'll definitely watch it but I still have no idea if I will like it. Its like a mixture of awesome super hero stuff and completely lame American drama. Im not sure which one will win out.

I'll definitely watch it but I still have no idea if I will like it. Its like a mixture of awesome super hero stuff and completely lame American drama. Im not sure which one will win out.

I kind of liked the look of the American Drama aspect :p we have serious and gritty in Daredevil, we have straight out of the pages of a comic in Flash and Arrow, S.H.I.E.L.D. which falls somewhere in between the two, Gotham trying to be a crime drama. Now we have something very different and I think that might be kinda refreshing.

Off topic, I really wanted to call this thread Superguuuurl but I resisted.

I really wished you did!!!

I had a look at the trailer and I loved it. Like someone else here, I stopped watching as soon as the plane scene happened because it just seems like they're showing everything all at once.

It looks pretty promising. Definitely going to tune in and I'm not even a huge fan of Superman either...

This is bull!

I had to wait 10 series for Clark to fly, yet she does it straight away!

:mad:

Looks alright but my main concern is that it may be too teeny bopper for me.

This is bull!
I had to wait 10 series for Clark to fly, yet she does it straight away!
:mad:

And the money shot when it finally came was...lacklustre.

Smallville was 10 years of edging.

Please don't bring up Smallville, still the worst payoff, worst finale ever. Bitter memories.

And the money shot when it finally came was...lacklustre.

Smallville was 10 years of edging.

I actually loved the ending. As soon as the music hit.....dem feels.

Did you guys ever read the season 11 Smallville comics? They were actually really good.

Did you guys ever read the season 11 Smallville comics? They were actually really good.

The 7 issues i got before not getting them any more weren't! did it get better?

The 7 issues i got before not getting them any more weren't! did it get better?

I cant say then really as I already liked the first 7 issues!

It just seemed so slow to do anything, like they'd just used potential scripts and split each potential episode over 4 issues, i could't do with waiting two weeks to continue an episode of Smallville - i mean i'd never watch up to one ad break on the TV show and wait weeks for the next part, i wasn't doing it with a comic - might be worth a graphic novel though

I wonder if it'll be a 'one story per week' kind of thing, or a 'long story over one season' sort, like Daredevil? There seem to be more of the latter than the former nowadays, but who knows.

I imagine there will be nuggets of an overarching story in the first run of episodes, something big will happen just before the midseason finale, it'll die down again for a bit and then build towards a finale.

You only need to remember TV sweeps are in November, February, May and July to know when big actions will happen ;)

From the finished CGI, 1080p version and no watermarks, I think it was a planned leak.

I thought it was pretty good, but could have done with a lot less "she's just as good, even though she's a girl" stuff.

It was very reminiscent of the Flash pilot. It had the same kind of issues, but overall it was very promising. I really like how she fights.

There was something remarkably straightforward about this. It sets a premise and executes it. Nothing special and no gimmick, and for once they're not tiptoeing around things like they're somehow going to get in trouble for saying "Superman". Makes for a very vanilla experience, but also very easy viewing. Visuals were fantastic.

Watching it at the moment. I think the acting is terrible.....and I liked Smallville.

Where is everyone watching this? can someone PM me a link or something please?