NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wii

What's your favourite Wii U game?

What are your favourite Wii U games?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite Wii U games?

• Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    • Bayonetta 2
    • Mario Kart 8
    • The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
    • Super Mario 3D World
    • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
    • The Wonderful 101
    • New Super Mario Bros. U / New Super Luigi U
    • Pikmin 3
    • Hyrule Warriors
    • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
    • ZombiU
    • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
    • Other

What's your favourite Wii U game? - #PlayOn (Wii U)

The choices in the poll are:

Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Bayonetta 2

Mario Kart 8

The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Super Mario 3D World

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

The Wonderful 101

New Super Mario Bros. U / New Super Luigi U

Pikmin 3

Hyrule Warriors

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

ZombiU

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Other

Please don't make more than 3 choices. Thank you.

What's your favourite Wii U game? Tell us on Twitter using the hashtags #WiiU and #PlayOn and you could win £50 of Nintendo eShop credit. Full details here: http://ow.ly/MTk97

Edited by Wii

[/thread]

[/thread]

F*CK!!! Sorry! Thread ruined. I looked through my games and missed that. I knew people would want Captain Toad in there, that's why I put it in though it wasn't in the video.

MH3U would been 1 of my picks as well. Damn it anyway.

It gets better, now I'm looking at ZombiU. What have I done? :eek:

Any way of modding it please to include Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and ZombiU? @\-Dem0\- @Ike @Rummy

Thank you.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I was torn between ZombiU, SM3DW an MK8. But went for MK8 only due to massive playtime compared to the other ones.

Well, Wind Waker is my favourite game of all time, Pikmin 3 is incredible, Captain Toad the perfect little puzzle game, and MK8 the best Mario Kart to date…

But it has to be Mario 3D World for me. Platforming perfection.

I was torn between ZombiU, SM3DW an MK8. But went for MK8 only due to massive playtime compared to the other ones.

It's a multiple choice poll. Never created one before so I didn't know if there was a limit to your choices. It appears not, I would like if people limit their picks to 3.

Multiple choice?! Oh, haha.

I picked Pikmin 3. I'd have also chosen TW101 had I realised.

I'm not voting for WW or MH3U given that they're not entirely new.

Multiple choice?! Oh, haha.

I picked Pikmin 3. I'd have also chosen TW101 had I realised.

I'm not voting for WW or MH3U given that they're not entirely new.

Ya multiple choice polls give you the chance to tick off a few games whereas a one choice poll only lets you put a bullet point beside one option.

Ya multiple choice polls give you the chance to tick off a few games whereas a one choice poll only lets you put a bullet point beside one option.

Mind. Blown.

Only noticed I could choose more than one after I did it else I'd have added Smash and Wind Waker to that list.

My vote goes to DK though, one of my favourite ever platformers and that's saying something as I've played MASSES. It's also a testament to how great the game was because I was so burnt out on 2D platformers at the time and didn't like the original Returns so I didn't have high hopes for this but was pleasantly surprised.

Platforming perfection with perfect pacing and difficulty curve along with a soundtrack to die for. It's the best Donkey Kong since DKC2 so... The best DK in 20 years!!

Pikmin 3 for me. One of my favourite games ever I reckon, elevated due to the incredible mission and multiplayer modes.

Mario kart 8 though isn't far behind.

Platforming perfection with perfect pacing and difficulty curve along with a soundtrack to die for. It's the best Donkey Kong since DKC2 so... The best DK in 20 years!!

I disagree, floaty platformers are almost never a good thing. DKCTF felt stiff and floaty in equal measure. Nice game but give me Mario style precise platforming any day.

Voted for two:

Wind Waker HD - Remake or not, I find the scope of this game still exceeds anything else I've played on the console. It's sort of "The Best of Zelda", whilst remaining excellent and original in its own right. I enjoyed it a lot more than the OOT and MM remakes, which were very good themselves.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - A joyful experience and by far the best platform adventure since the 2nd game in the same series. This game just has a perfect tone, which you might not get if WayForward had a publisher looking over their shoulder telling them what to do. I've played it eight times across both versions!

Accidentally only voted for one

CE5f-S3XIAEeEzT.png:large

That no-one has said Bayonetta 2 is sickening.

Accidentally only voted for one

CE5f-S3XIAEeEzT.png:large

That no-one has said Bayonetta 2 is sickening.

I'm leaning towards Monster Hunter 3 U, Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2 atm. So it should have 1 vote at least.

Oh how Smash has fallen.

Actually, I was surprised when I joined this forum that not everybody loves Smash Brothers.

It was one of the first times when I stopped to think that it might not be for everyone despite it's celebration of everything NINTENDO and more.

Voted for Pikmin 3

Haven't played it yet, it's on my shelf, but trust me on this one.

Seeing as how I made it my game fo the year last year, it has to be Hyrule Warriors.

The game is such a laugh and such good value for money (If you enjoy the gameplay of course).

If I remember right, I believe Bayonetta 2 and Smash 3DS were my two runner ups. So don't kill yourself yet, @D_prOdigy

I went with...

1. Monster Hunter

No explanation needed. :D

2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

I wasn't a big fan of the first game and thought it lacked something that made the originals so great. Turns out that something was David Wise. A Godly soundtrack, with tight platforming and no needless motion controls made this the true sequel I had been waiting for all these years. Seriously, that soundtrack. :heart:

3. The Wonderful 101

A brilliant and original game that has some fantastic characters and laugh out loud humour. It starts off hard as hell but slowly you become used to the powers and before you know it you are creating guns, whips, swords and fists without even thinking. The ending battles are so OOT anime style fights that had me grinning from ear to ear. Probably one of my favourite new IPs in recent years across all the platforms. :bowdown:

I only made the 1 vote too (before the first post was edited) so went for my overall fave, Mario Kart 8. :awesome:

Otherwise I would've also voted for Smash Bros. and Mario 3D World.

But yeah, all of those titles are great. The Wii U really does have an amazing collection of games now, it's just a shame it took 2 and a half years to reach this point. Imagine if all the games in the poll had been available within the first 12 months or so, would have been a very different story I reckon...

I also only voted for one game because I didn't realise it was multiple choice.

Imagine if all the games in the poll had been available within the first 12 months or so, would have been a very different story I reckon...

Tbf that's completely unrealistic to expect 12 major titles in 12 months, it would blown through its entire catalogue of franchises with little room for anything else after that. No console has a good library in its first year, and certainly not one filled with big hitters like the above.

Tbf that's completely unrealistic to expect 12 major titles in 12 months, it would blown through its entire catalogue of franchises with little room for anything else after that. No console has a good library in its first year, and certainly not one filled with big hitters like the above.
I said 12 months or so. :hehe:

Anyway, I'm just saying had there been less gaps (and especially no gargantuan 3+ month gaps :nono:) in the release schedule, the Wii U would've been in much better shape right now.

No console has a good library in its first year, and certainly not one filled with big hitters like the above.

I dunno, man. Dreamcast had stuff like Skies of Arcadia, Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Sega Rally, Tech Romancer, Power Stone 1+2, Marvel Vs Capcom 1+2, Soul Calibur, House of the Dead 2, Zombie Revenge, Dynamite Cop, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Metropolis Street Racer, Sega Bass Fishing, Jet Set Radio, Shenmue within the first 12-13 months.

Man, that thing was a beast.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Sign in to follow this