NEurope
Razz

should i get a psp?

i pondering wether to get a psp for my birthday. i want to import a white one. what restrictions will this bring and do you think its worth it? (btw im not interested at all in UMD movies). also does anyone have tenchu: shinobi taizen? if so what is it like?

thank you

the only thing i know about imported ones are that you cant play UMDmoies from here but youve already said that you dont care about them, so i dont know really.

i am in the same situation i really want a psp, a black one would sdo as i would then have to buy another power supply for an imported one, butim really considering getting the giga pack with 2 games from gamestation for £269.99

although i really want to save up for a revo and other things, should i get one???

I won't say if you guys should get one or not, but if you are to get one... I'd advise you to get a Japanese one, as their screens are better (better colors and response time), which aparently you will...

Also... I'd advise to get one now, and not one year from now or so... because Sony will be shipping production to china to the same factory where they currently do the PStwo Slim, and... well the quality dropped a tenflod with those, basically they'll probably cut corners and use cheap materials on future PSP's to improve profits and mass production capability (Just like they are already using cheaper screens with no quality control for US/Europe).

Also if it's "mostly" for reading movies from memory sticks, listening music, or homebrew... i'd advise you guys to look at GP2X instead, cheaper and better (at those points).

I dont personally have Tenchu, but I do really want it (I loved the others). Its scored aroundabout a 7.5 from the scores I have seen, with the major gripe being that enemies sometimes "pop in" once you get close enough, so its hard to prevent being detected in some situations. That being said, many fans of the games absolutely love it, so...

________

Motorcycle Tires

Edited by Johelian

You can get a PSP and 1 gig stick from Gamestation for £199........

Pretty cheap if you ask me :bouncy:

i got a ds and two games for £115.

not to bash the psp's quality- it's obviously well cool, anyone can see that. I just think a £200 handheld is absurd.

I would say buy one, but i'm extremly dissapointed with the sparse release list for the actual games and not movies....

Definately get:

Virtua Tennis

Burnout Legends

Lumines

Ridge Racers

Everybody's Golf

Grand Theft Auto: LCS

Wipeout Pure

All these games are really pushing the PSP's hardware and are well-made and work brilliantly on it. :wink:

I won't be getting another PSP to end of March though (Daxter), thats a 3 month wait from buying one title to the next, not very good. :nono:

If you like the games that are out and coming than get it.. I dont use mine at all... even though i have all the greate games :/

If you like the games that are out and coming than get it.. I dont use mine at all... even though i have all the greate games :/

I hardly ever use mine really, although Virtua Tennis makes me come back every now and then! :grin:

well, i think i might get one now. ive read reviews for tenchu:shinobi taizen, and apprently its well worth getting a psp for.

anyone played it?

Well if you want to experience some cool games, then I'd say buy it. I'm still enjoying mine and I've had one since Feb 2004. Lumines is a certain bet, every PSP owner should own that game.

I'm looking forward to Splinter Cell Essentials, it's an all new Splinter Cell Prequel to the first game.

At the moment I'm playing a action RPG called Kingdom Of Paradise. The PSP certainly has RPGs coming now, which is nice for any RPG fan out there. Look out for one called Generation Of Chaos in March, reminds me of Dragon Force for the Sega Saturn.

The system is starting to pick up, it did have a slow start, with some cool games but it should have some great games this year if all goes well.

ok yay i got a psp, the giga pak with world tour soccer and GTa but i traded world tour soccer i didnt want it.

so i have a couple of questions. one is about putting this movie onto my memory stick this is the info i dont know if its clear

http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=temp4dd.png

so my question is how do i convert this file into a file that the psp can play on the memory stick? also is there a way to compress it so that it doesnt take up much space. if you can see the piccy then ow much spcae will that take on the 1gig memory stick?

also please can you help with with what i need to do to put music and pictures on the memory stick? it doesnt matter ive done it

thank you for that link

also ive noticed when im playing a game it makes a funny noise with the disk spinning, is this common it only happnes a couple times though mostly though when loading and playing pro evo

So it worked? I don't actually have a psps id just seen them while searching for movie converters

it was a shame you had to pay to use that one, installed it and everything then when i wanted to convert it asked me to purchase it, so im getting another one, which has a 5 convert limit or a 14 day trial. so hopefullly it works.

another question. the video is in japanese(FF advent children) will it show the subtitles?????

oh and please answer the question from before, it makes a wierd noise when the disc is spinning (it think) is this ok or not?

Also if it's "mostly" for reading movies from memory sticks, listening music, or homebrew... i'd advise you guys to look at GP2X instead, cheaper and better (at those points).

I'd second that advice, although people should wait for V2, since the current version has a few bugs that realy do need to be sorted.

i got the UMD demo disk which says it has update 2.0

i just checked and i have 2.5 will this downgrade it ???

I would actually think about getting a PSP if there weren't so many games that seem so.....PS2-y: GTA, Normal sports, normal racing...ugh!!!

I would get one if it didn't cost 180 quid. I tried winning oen but it's not working..

Same with the 360, id get one if it didnt cost so much.

i got the UMD demo disk which says it has update 2.0

i just checked and i have 2.5 will this downgrade it ???

No, you dont need to run the update. It just comes on any game that needs it in case you have a lower version of the firmware. The game should just run when you try to start it (if you dont have a high enough version of the firmware, it just wont work).

also ive noticed when im playing a game it makes a funny noise with the disk spinning, is this common it only happnes a couple times though mostly though when loading and playing pro evo

Yes, this is normal - its just the machine reading the disc.

the video is in japanese(FF advent children) will it show the subtitles?????

No, not unless the rip actually had the subtitles on screen when it was recorded. If its a file you have downloaded that you can play on the PC and it already has subtitles on it (ie they cant taken off as an option), then they will be carried across as part of the file, but it wont give you the option to select subs on the PSP itself from a file on the memory stick.

I would actually think about getting a PSP if there weren't so many games that seem so.....PS2-y: GTA, Normal sports, normal racing...ugh!!!

No-one will be making you buy those games. Check out the RPGs, Action/Adventures and puzzle games if they are more your thing. Or will you not buy one out of principle because it has those games on it?

________

Buy Silver Surfer

Edited by Johelian