NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

What an uninspiring list. I've nothing against any o of these games, some are fabulous games but... Oh boy, that's terribly predictable.

Depressing eh. Also throw in FIFA and Minecraft and you have the top 10 on NPD all platform lists for the last decade.

Biggest selling game of each year:

2014 - CoD AW

2013 - GTA V

2012 - CoD Black Ops II

2011 - CoD Modern Warfare III

2010 - CoD Black Ops

2009 - CoD Modern Warfare II

2008 - GTA IV

2007 - CoD 4

It's almost as if IGN's E3 Best in Show reflects popular tastes or something...

(going back to 2006 brought back mostly American-focused sales which pegged it at Madden, but couldn't be bothered to carry on trawling through Google)

Doesn't this count total sales across mutiplat, though?

Erm....

Their new content was disappointing, yet it's not like they did E3 wrong? You tokin'?

Also E3 is all about showing the press and people watching what is to come to convince people to buy your console and games. Doesn't matter what it started out as, that's what it is now. If you think otherwise then plain and simply you are wrong.

Yes, the game's they had weren't bad. They had some good games. Most had already been shown, problem one. Other than ol' Foxy, the surprises were seemingly small sidegames, problem two, that while worth nowhere near the ragerhate they got, didn't scream OH YEAH!! either. This would have been a HELL YEAH!! great normal direct, but it was an E3 direct. Nintendo didn't want to show anyhing too far off, but that's exactly what E3 is! All the good stuff actually coming straight out and hordes of "other stuff" that is years off that sets hype-HYPE-HYYYYYYPE off to buy a console. Look at all those FF7 fans shitting themselves over basically nothing but an announcement! That's what they needed. All it would have took was a small Zelda U video. The way they've framed Zelda doesn't hel now either; everyone was expecting early 2016, they made it seem like post E3 now...like months and months post E3 2016. No wonder everyone thinks it's been delayed to NX, and maybe it has, afterall Nintendo aren't exactly lying about it still coming out on Wii U, since to them it still RIGHT NOW is so partially true, but I think they do know that they're gonna later go "oops yeah, we had to switch platforms, please understand".

One of my issues is with the people who were complaining about "We know about this game" for Nintendo stuff, yet Halo 5 has had its 3rd E3, Uncharted 4 has had its second among countless others and they weren't vocal at that.

They're still upcoming games and deserve as much attention as the rest. This is part of the mentality I was referring to earlier.

You assume they're the same people?

Just been watching some old E3 clips from Nintendo, from pieces of gold like the DS and Revolution reveals with the crowd going absolutely bananas, to the not so good stuff like the 2008 conference.

I really miss Nintendo having actual conferences. People keep saying that the conferences are supposed to be big, formal industry events but come on, half of the crowd at these things are just as excited at the rest of us and will let their excitement be known. I really hope Nintendo return to the stage next year with the NX, Nintendo Directs are great but the digital event presentations just don't have the hype factor.

The quality of Nintendo's Digital Event this year eradicates excuses for them not holding a Live Press Conference. Theirs was the most boring, and full of waffle and filler of arguably anyones, given the length of it.

Get the hate in, folks :p

I'm glad you saved me the effort. From about 6:30-7:30 was a personal highlight.

I'm glad you saved me the effort. From about 6:30-7:30 was a personal highlight.

I'm not even gonna give the video the time of day. Judging from the Gaf thread it's just the same old garbage that he's spouting.

Well the preview still certainly looks like Reggie is getting what Wii thinks he deserves ;)

I'm not even gonna give the video the time of day. Judging from the Gaf thread it's just the same old garbage that he's spouting.

To be fair, it's not like any company lets their head people say "We fucked up".

That's a different scenario. That's dealing with an issue where harm comes to people and so they have to speak up if they're screwing up.

This is just Nintendo pissing off rampant fans on the Internet.

There is no need for them to speak up. They hadn't to that point and it's hardly new. No other social network has said "we've failed" (they've all said they'll try harder, Twitter is the only one to admit failure).

What is "the magic that happens with amiibo?"

They have the ability to make some people very happy, some people very miserable, some people very rich, some people very poor.

MAGIC!

tumblr_mimonnbiNi1qasthro1_250.gif

TBF, Reggie held that interview pretty well.

...But yeah, that segment was a straight LIE lol. It also seemed like he was trying to name a fourth game but couldn't.

Got to love Reggie.

So calm and composed and thinking about the GameCube.

He probably thought of that when looking at Starfox.

"Support from third parties is still there".

Setting the bar high! As long as it exists in any capacity all is good.

Cuphead should have won. Beautiful, original game. Maybe it would have if multi platform.
Apparently Cuphead is a boss run game, or whatever it's called and not a 2D platformer.

TBF, Reggie held that interview pretty well.

...But yeah, that segment was a straight LIE lol. It also seemed like he was trying to name a fourth game but couldn't.

He held the interview well because the questions being aimed his way were so easy to respond to. I'm surprised they didn't offer him his choice of dessert during that interview. It was pretty shit, really.

Pretty disappointing, tbh. There were opportunities to call him out and actually get down to the nitty gritty, but they went down the safe, nice Nintendo route.

The last bit made me laugh so much. "This is like when your grandad starts f*cking p1ssing his trousers!"