NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

Again, the jump between Ghosts and Advanced Warfare is anything but a minor tweak. Actually, the jump between CoD3 ( or was it 2? ) and Modern Warfare was quite significant as well.

There's no point Hero, the guy is blind and deaf to it all. A total no-hoper.

It's like talking to a brick wall... that's full of bollocks.

You are beyond me. What a no-hoper!!!

You're wasting your time.

do-not-feed-coyote-sm.jpg

There's no point Hero, the guy is blind and deaf to it all. A total no-hoper.

It's like talking to a brick wall... that's full of bollocks.

The fact that you sang the praises of the difference between instalments thanks to boosters and jet packs says it all. Anyway it's been done to death. You guys think each COD is very different to the last, I and it seems others on here don't. Going in circles now.

The fact that you sang the praises of the difference between instalments thanks to boosters and jet packs says it all. Anyway it's been done to death. You guys think each COD is very different to the last, I and it seems others on here don't. Going in circles now.

I'm not sure if you've answered this already, sorry if you have, but what was the last Call of Duty you played, out of curiosity?

Difference being that I've actually played them to form the valid opinion that Ghosts and AW play completely differently, whereas you....

super-paper-mario-message-board-e.jpg

Seemed fitting seeing as we're on the Nintendo part of the board. :D

The fact that you sang the praises of the difference between instalments thanks to boosters and jet packs says it all...

You don't listen.

It's like me saying Splatoon is the same as CoD except you can turn into squids and paint the floor. I don't see the difference but you do.

You're not taking any of it onboard, it dramatically changed the way you play the game is what Hero and I are getting at, but for some reason that is beyond me you cannot understand this simple thing.

Maybe you've head a brain injury or something, I don't know, but my word you just cannot comprehend the most simple of things.

Interesting. Nintendo apparently had the most popular booth in the show again. Seeing tempers calm down now, too. Let's hope Nintendo throw something at us soon to placate.

What's COD got to do with Nintendo E3 hype? Is Splatoon getting Captain Price & Soap DLC? Must've missed that bit of the Nintendo presentation!

I must say this certainly has turned in to a rather peculiar topic. Why has COD become the main topic of discussion in an e3 hype(or yes, lack thereof) thread?

You haven't played the games, ergo, you don't know what you are talking about.

Also, its not like annual franchised games are the only games. You guys talk like COD etc are the only games the other consoles have. They're just the only ones that sort of fit this weird argument you try to make.

This. I don't own a single one of any of those franchises and still have far too many games to play.

If people genuinely want to argue about how much CoD has changed let me know and I shall rip this into a thread in general gaming.

If not, shut the fuck up about it.

If people genuinely want to argue about how much CoD has changed let me know and I shall rip this into a thread in general gaming.

If not, shut the fuck up about it.

classy! how can you administer a forum when you behave like that?

Because he owns the place and can do whatever he wants?

Especially as people have already been told to drop the topic.

Especially as people have already been told to drop the topic.

On multiple occasions.

People are constantly moaning that people are moaning and are allowing a cycle of moaning to take place.

Furthermore COD has no bearing on this thread as it was not part of Nintendo's E3 presentation. People know this and have been told this and yet continue to keep dragging up the top as if it has any bearing of relevance when it patently doesn't.

And I wasn't aware we needed to act like aristocrats.

I thought it was a humorous way to make a very valid point.

Every thread seems to be turning into irrelevant petty squabbles.

There's nothing to take onboard. COD iterates with minor gameplay tweaks every year. They release the same old FPS with small changes each year because people keep buying the games. Good for them. @Clowferret shouldn't be called out for daring to suggest that we get iterative sequels each year.

I guess when its not broken, why fix it?

If people are buying these games yearly, with "minor gameplay tweaks" - then thats what the gamers want.

I would actually appreciate that 'safety' than the classic surprise Nintendo-style random overhaul with no related consumer intelligence or reasoning - Though I have come to accept WW for example, I would have still have been perfectly happy with the Zelda style Nintendo portrayed at Spaceworld - and I assume would have generated less controvesy and more sales.

But anyway...

Does anyone believe the Nintendo leadership needs an overhaul? I just don't believe in Iwata and Reggie anymore. The Wii and Wii U strategies are just immensely alien to the N64 and GCs.

Edited by King_V

I don't necessarily believe they need out as much as they need new people in. They need to be open to the voices of others.

They also need to stop putting Japanese people in charge of each region.

(and Reggie needs to shut up, but whatever :heh:)

I think there needs to be a change but it could make things worse if the right decisions aren't made. Miyamoto has too much control in EAD. Do we him to take up a new pastime for us to get a new franchise(gardening and Pikmin, swimming and underwater Super Mario levels) or more of his childhood memories(Zelda and Starfox)? He's not what he used to be and is his tight grip preventing young would be Miyamoto's from flourishing?

I think there needs to be a change but it could make things worse if the right decisions aren't made. Miyamoto has too much control in EAD. Do we him to take up a new pastime for us to get a new franchise(gardening and Pikmin, swimming and underwater Super Mario levels) or more of his childhood memories(Zelda and Starfox)? He's not what he used to be and is his tight grip preventing young would be Miyamoto's from flourishing?

Agreed with Miyamoto having too much control.

His stubborn attitude with regards to online play (as recently stated in Starfox Zero) is now beyond comprehension, and it reeks of a person whos ways can't be changed no matter what.

Pikmin 3 and now looking to be Starfox are two games whos single-player modes are traditionally short-lived and whos genre make perfect candidates for online competitive play. Just beyond belief.

This video explains my opinions PERFECTLY!

?rel=0&autoplay=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Interesting. Nintendo apparently had the most popular booth in the show again. Seeing tempers calm down now, too. Let's hope Nintendo throw something at us soon to placate.

I would hope so. The rage about MPFF is just ridiculous...zillions of topic how Nintendo have essentially raped their memories of Metroid, the whining and raging, petition to cancel the game, wanting Miyamoto to suicide, most from people who have seen no more of the game than the tutorial for controls. The hostility/hate is so off the chart messed up I almost felt ashamed just being associated with these people as a gamer/poster on GameFAQs.

I would hope so. The rage about MPFF is just ridiculous...zillions of topic how Nintendo have essentially raped their memories of Metroid, the whining and raging, petition to cancel the game, wanting Miyamoto to suicide, most from people who have seen no more of the game than the tutorial for controls. The hostility/hate is so off the chart messed up I almost felt ashamed just being associated with these people as a gamer/poster on GameFAQs.

Well, yeah - at the core its because these people are fans and really care about these franchises. And after five years of no Metroid, they get this: Metroid Soccer (as some are calling it).

I agree with the general sentiment that Nintendo shouldn't mess about with their more serious franchises like this. They could this with 80% of their franchises, why does it have to be Metroid? No one asked for it, no consumer intelligence on what is wanted... Just a random act of, well, insanity - it looks like. XD

Agreed with Miyamoto having too much control.

His stubborn attitude with regards to online play (as recently stated in Starfox Zero) is now beyond comprehension, and it reeks of a person whos ways can't be changed no matter what.

Pikmin 3 and now looking to be Starfox are two games whos single-player modes are traditionally short-lived and whos genre make perfect candidates for online competitive play. Just beyond belief.

This video explains my opinions PERFECTLY!

?rel=0&autoplay=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Good video. Agree with most points. Games were good, but we either knew about them or they were essentially spinoffs to what was wanted, or cut-down versions of games that should know better by now. So many of the Wii U's games have felt like side games rather than the "main version" already. So few feel like the robust full games of Ninendo past. I don't want to feel disappointed because he's right, most ARE good games...but for the above reasons don't fully hit the spot. It reeks of a company that just doesn't have enough resources, or the likely theory of "diverted resources to NX". You can see this right from the launch, it makes me wonder if it was always intended as a stopgap tem system from the beginning.