NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

New Metroid/Animal Crossing: Just Nintendo again giving players the IPs they want...in ways they don't actually want. Literally everything I've heard seems like quickly put together "spin-off" games of Nintendo's main IPs. It's like all the main games of each IP are just gone... The ones that used to be big, beautiful, polished beyond belief and that expand into new interesting territory while keeping the core game entries...are dead.

Unless of course there's loads I've missed (no stream for me). I'm not happy. Wii U really is being deliberately killed isn't it? Such a huge percentage of games being what I described above rather than serious main entries. I wouldn't mind that if the 3DS was given more love, but they're not. Nintendo aren't even pushing 3rd party translations of japanese games like they have been. What are they doing? What's going on behind the scenes they aren't telling us...?

Can I please ask you all to try and refrain from making multiple threads for all the new content we were shown during the digital event please!

Oh. Hmm.

Nevermind!

OK, if they are killing the console off, maybe the games will go on sale, which is great for me :heh: (there are at least 15-20 games I would like to get, so plenty of gaming time for me :D).

PS

If they are killing the Wii U off, why did they release Splatoon?

Edited by Kounan

Starfox Zero is done by Platinum Games. Megaton

Great. Now someone tell them a game that looks better than a GC title would be nice.

Starfox Zero is done by Platinum Games. Megaton

That doesn't really change anything as we've already seen the footage...remember?

:wtf:

I've just rewatched that Metroid footage..god damn. They're moving away from Wii U development..that's the only good news to come out of this. Hopefully this means Zelda is being ported to NX too.

I get a nagging feeling that the Digital Event will disappoint me all of a sudden.

Mostly because they showed a lot of stuff already at E3 with the championship and I'm afraid that they'll spend a lot of time on the same titles but now with more background info/release dates. I'm afraid there's too much hype so best to expect nothing new except for Starfox gameplay and more Super Mario Maker.

I don't want to expect Metroid (or other surprises) and become disappointed when nothing of that gets mentioned... :(

Gahhh, just get it over with and leave me in peace for the next twelve months :shakehead

I've never been right before, but f*** me, why did I have to nail it this year? :(:(:(

I think I just need to remember that I'm currently enjoying Splatoon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D and Kirby & The Rainbow Paintbrush, I'll have Yoshi's Woolly World next week and Super Mario Maker is on its way later in the year..

And everything covered at Nintendo's event will come out at the same time as many other great titles on the other consoles. ;)

Ha, true, but who knows how everything will actually turn out. Maybe Star Fox will be amazing!

I think the thing is, when the dust settles, this is all for in the next 12 months, it wasn't terrible. There'll be some great games out. But the stories of e3 are all about surprises, sony was praised for games that probably won't be out for a couple of years and have no exclusives this year, no one cares; nintendo should've known this! There were no nice surprises, that was the big problem.

But yeah, more 3DS love than Wii U. The Wii U is absolutely dead now, surely being replaced for next christmas!!

I really think Zelda, retros next, main animal crossing (which I think is a great idea for a hybrid) are all being pushed back for it, utterly convinced now.

OK, if they are killing the console off, maybe the games will go on sale, which is great for me :heh: (there are at least 15-20 games I would like to get, so plenty of gaming time for me :D).

PS

If they are killing the Wii U off, why did they release Splatoon?

Because they'll still release games for it, plus this was in development a long time.

They're clearly only releasing the minimum amount of games, smaller titles for the wii u to keep it trickling along. Holding all big development off for the next console. I think it's a good idea. But they better not drag it out like they did the Wii, painful times and more and more people will move somewhere else, which is the last thing nintendo need

Low key E3 Direct but there's enough I'm looking forward to satisfy me. Mario Maker looks rad too, I don't know if it's what I want but they seem to be doing right by it.

That doesn't really change anything as we've already seen the footage...remember?

I've just rewatched that Metroid footage..god damn. They're moving away from Wii U development..that's the only good news to come out of this. Hopefully this means Zelda is being ported to NX too.

Initially I thought 'Fuck off' but I think it's probably going to be the case isn't it? Hopefully means we'll still get a solid game on WiiU if they do, but I really really hope they don't sting WiiU owners with it - half the reason I actually bought the console.

Christmas for the NX? if nintendo wait that long they will be dead, there is no way they can run on the fumes of the WiiU and the 3DS alone

The Nx will certainly be a hybrid, the 3DS was due a replacement but now it seems the WiiU is getting one sooner, the only way that makes sense is if the NX is a hybrid, i'd be worried for nintendo if it isn't out before September unless they announce Zelda coming in Q1 2016 and some other big hitters to keep some money coming in

They need NX info fast, to start the PR offensive and have people want to buy it, if its as lackluster as the WiiU they will end up being bought out/third party or goign handheld only

If Zelda isn't a launch title for the NX then pack it up and go home. I wouldn't even release it on wii u and make it exclusive for the NX.

Well, I was right about the Zelda co-op for 3DS and the Metroid co-op missions and multiple other stuff. Oh well.

If Zelda isn't a launch title for the NX then pack it up and go home. I wouldn't even release it on wii u and make it exclusive for the NX.

Really? Like really? You'd want that? If they did that there is no chance in hell I'd be buying a NX anytime soon, and if I didn't have a PS4 by then it'd make it an insta-buy for me.

ZeldaWiiU going non-WiiU and next-console exclusive is basically absolute suicide imo.

Remember this day. The day Wii U died.

16th June. Time of death ~ 5.00p.m.

2 and a half years. How are they going to convince people to buy the NX? People are wary of Nintendo consoles now. The burnt Wii U owners are going to be reluctant too. I certainly will be. They never even tried.

Edited by Wii

We don't even know if the NX is a home console.

Not for certain but it just has to be after that, it just has to be! if not then Nintendo are abandoning home consoles full stop, unless they just out right decided to showcase the worst e3 just to hold back on games for the next direct

Not quite related but if anyone's watching Treehouse is it just me or does the dude on the left look almost like he's wearing a pair of groucho glasses?

Wow, the Wii U lineup was super weak.

Did they even announce one new game?

Wow... Yeah, that was shocking. :blank:

When will I ever learn not to get hyped? :heh:

It seemed so promising at the start too with that puppet show. I really thought we were going to see Star Fox in the style of it's original inspiration, and then when the gameplay appeared... :shakehead

Jeez, Nintendo. Bad times. :(

Shall definitely look forward to Triforce and Mario & Luigi (it looks level based though, rather than huge world based).

Soooo disappointed in no proper Metroid or Animal Crossing, though. Can honestly say I'm unlikely to ge either.

Starfox looks good but clearly not finished. I expect release date to be pushed.

Super Mario Maker continues to look better and better BUT the chances if me having the patience to make something truly good on it is unlikely, even though I used to design Mario levels as a kid. My family has multiple LBP games, firstdesigned a bit, second not even open. The idea is great, but it's not as exciting designing as you think, especially when the share aspect is flooded with zillionz of stuff the same as yours, usually better.

Sure there's other games that are already anounced (Yokai, XCX etc.)

You know it was bad when most of Miiverse thinks so too.

Remember this day. The day Wii U died.

16th June. Time of death ~ 5.00p.m.

2 and a half years. How are they going to convince people to buy the NX? People are wary of Nintendo consoles now. The burnt Wii U owners are going to be reluctant too. I certainly will be. They never even tried.

I'll certainly be holding back buying until the system recieves a TRUE next gen Mario, Zelda, Kart, Metroid, Animal Cossing etc. I've certainly enjoyed the few games I've had on Wii U so far, but it's been a very poor showing.

Wow... Yeah, that was shocking. :blank:

When will I ever learn not to get hyped? :heh:

It seemed so promising at the start too with that puppet show.

That was their way of stringing us along. It was more a muppet show than a puppet show.