NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

Completely agreed. I think they're going to keep banking on the Wii U, and the NX will be an experimental third pillar.

Plus Iwata has said there are numerous unannounced Wii U titles before April 2016

I'm a little worried that given all the completely unexpected e3 surprises already (shenmue/FF7/TLG) that Nintendo will just not have anything comparable, unless they announce Zelda this year and metroid this year right now

but this is the E3 of surprises so who the hell knows bring it on let they hype begin

Why would anyone expect a 'massive announcement' concerning the Wii U when Nintendo are going to be looking to phase it out within a year.

Well there's Wii U and 3DS. I see the 3DS getting replaced before the Wii U tbh, my interest in the Wii U is low, but the 3ds is dead to me now (worryingly much like the wii before it).

I think this will likely be the last interesting E3 for Wii U, next year will be emphasising new hardware. This E3 they have said it's not happening, so unless that was a lie to try to shift a few hundred extra bits of hardware, they have to show something..

A snore-fest about indie developers with games we already know is the most pessimistic thing I can expect though, so I am going for that.

Before someone pipes up about awesome indies, cool, but if they go on about games we already know are coming.... meh. So my expectations are hopefully set to 0, I can not be disappointed :)

Plus Iwata has said there are numerous unannounced Wii U titles before April 2016

Although I can imagine there are, I'm cynical about what big wigs say as they will never paint a negative picture.

I'm a little worried that given all the completely unexpected e3 surprises already (shenmue/FF7/TLG) that Nintendo will just not have anything comparable, unless they announce Zelda this year and metroid this year right now

but this is the E3 of surprises so who the hell knows bring it on let they hype begin

Difference is that Nintendo's stuff will come out in the next 12 or so months. FF7 and Shenmue 3 are 2 years away at best

Although I can imagine there are, I'm cynical about what big wigs say as they will never paint a negative picture.

To be fair, he said it to investors and so couldn't lie in regards to that. He could have just said "We have software planned for up to and through April 2016"

The Digital Event is 51 minutes long

Difference is that Nintendo's stuff will come out in the next 12 or so months. FF7 and Shenmue 3 are 2 years away at best

Didn't stop them showing Zelda.

Didn't stop them showing Zelda.

Plans change. It was intended to be out this year. Just because it had to be delayed doesn't mean that they were lying.

Final predictions, most of which I made at the start of the year.

1. Eternal Darkness will show up in some form. A sequel or remake.

2. Diddy King Racing makes a return. Possibly a 3DS game. Maybe Next Levels game?

3. Mario Sunshine remaster. I want to say a HD version on the Wii U but I can't see them releasing this and Mario Maker in the same year and on the same console. With that being the case, it will probably be a NEW 3DS game.

4. Animal Crossing Wii U. Will link up with Animal Crossing: House Arrest.

5. Hyrule Warriors 3DS.

6. Metroid 3DS.

7. Yokai Watch.

8. SNES Remix.

9. Starfox.

10. Twilight Princess HD. They knocked out a Wind Waker pretty fast and this will be used to keep people busy until the new one arrives. Which brings me to....

11. New Zelda trailer will be shown. They said it wouldn't be at E3, which could just mean it won't be on the show floor.

Let's do this!

Plans change. It was intended to be out this year. Just because it had to be delayed doesn't mean that they were lying.

You honestly believe Zelda was always planned to be released this year?

What they showed of Zelda was real bare bones stuff and I think they just wanted to get something new on the direct last year.

Not a criticism towards Nintendo as personally I don't see much wrong with showing games that are due out beyond 12 months.

Edited by liger05

I predict that the word "amiibo" will be used 1,346 times.

I predict 100% that you are right and I'll hate them even more than this useless, annoying wagon by the end of the Direct. I lie. I already hate them more than Fi.

Fi_Artwork.png

You honestly believe Zelda was always planned to be released this year?

What they showed of Zelda was real bare bones stuff and I think they just wanted to get something new on the direct last year.

Not a criticism towards Nintendo as personally I don't see much wrong with showing games that are due out beyond 12 months.

Yes, they had planned for it to be released in 2015, but plans change. Just because it "looked barebones" is in no way indicative of it not heading for 2015 launch.

Yes, they had planned for it to be released in 2015, but plans change.

How do you know? Did you sit in on a board meeting?

Don't let your answer be "because they said so".

I can't watch, we have guests right now.....

Kick 'em out. :p

How do you know? Did you sit in on a board meeting?

Don't let your answer be "because they said so".

Leave it for now, yeah?

Starfox looks rough. And Skylanders now. WTF??? Is this a joke?