NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

I don't think the other two would have the ability to pull something like this off. They simply don't have the back catalogue or history to make something like this special.

What made this great was one minute they're playing something like Mario Kart 8 and then the next minute there's a blast from the past and Balloon Fight was in screen.

Yup! The sheer breadth of games was really great! It's that massive catalogue of titles across so many generations that would really give the NWC format huge longevity if they made it an annual event!

Just wish that they had a few games from the N64 and GCN era. Balloon Fight in particular was a fantastic choice though! :D

Aye I'd agree with you on the history side of things, I guess I meant more along the lines of getting gamers to play the games to show them off, have a much more interactive way of presenting them.

I know people love the way the conferences are delivered and such, but having seen the NWC style, I just can't see how Spencer and Yoshida talking about the new games coming out will be exciting, I want to see gamers playing them god damnit it!!

Each to their own, and perhaps I'm just giddy from having just seen it, but that's the future of e3 IMO :)

But also yeah how fantastic to see Splatoon, Blast Ball revealed (and played!!) MK, then Balloon Fight and Mario Maker too...and e3 starts TODAY! :D

Agreed. Made me feel like a 90s kid again! :D There's plenty of room for more NWC events in the future too, especially if they ramp up the scale and make it global!

Don't see how they could possibly top yesterday, but I'm looking forward to seeing them try! :D

So what occurred yesterday? The Smash Direct and Nintendo Championships? Where's this other info like Earthbound coming from? I am currently so lost and confused, and not all that hyped, but I need to know wheret o check out/catch up on stuff!

So what occurred yesterday? The Smash Direct and Nintendo Championships? Where's this other info like Earthbound coming from? I am currently so lost and confused, and not all that hyped, but I need to know wheret o check out/catch up on stuff!

The Nintendo World Championships contained announcements:

-Earthbound Beginnings (Available now!)

-Blast Ball (New IP which may have a Metroid inspiration)

-Super Mario Maker (New name + loads of new mechanics within)

Earthbound was announced at the championship. It was released a few hours later.

Go watch the championship and then you'll be in hype mode. Hell, just watch the Super Mario Maker section. That should be enough to get you excited. :D

I am dangerously hyped right now. :bouncy:

You got the Penguins in! E3 has begun!

You got the Penguins in! E3 has begun!
Yep, couldn't forget N-E's traditional E3 hype mascots. :hehe:

Mother 1 got released in English on the Wii U VC (It's now called Earthbound Beginnings) and it's available right now for £6.49.

Otherwise a brand new game called Blastball got unveiled at the NWCs and loads of new Mario Maker (now called Super Mario Maker) stuff got shown off during the show (if you can't be arsed to watch the whole thing, the Super Mario Maker stuff got shown off from here on

)

I know it's not the place, but I'm desperate for a 90's arcade racer release date.

Other than that, i've given up on 3rd parties coming back, but gamecube and N64 on VC would placate me.

There is so much desire for Nintendo to bring back some of their racers 1080, WaveRace, F-Zero, Excite Bike & Truck, why don't they just do 1 racer that has all of them. It could be mainly online as most of us want to play these games again with online multiplayer, with 4 tracks from each game. They could do an online vote to gauge what tracks are people favourites and later add more tracks as DLC. Single player game could be like a world tour... snowboarding in the alps, jetskiing in hawaii etc. Or just give the old games an HD overhaul and release with online.

Please for the love of God no more platformers.

Oh god, this Nintendo XDS shit won't die. It's so incredibly fake, yet the dream handheld. Every time I see it, my heart aches.

Go watch the championship and then you'll be in hype mode. Hell, just watch the Super Mario Maker section. That should be enough to get you excited. :D

Ok yeah that was pretty damn awesome/excellent! Getting me hyped for MM. When's Nintendo's digital event, this evening?

Ok yeah that was pretty damn awesome/excellent! Getting me hyped for MM. When's Nintendo's digital event, this evening?

Tomorrow, 17:00 :)

Oh god, this Nintendo XDS shit won't die. It's so incredibly fake, yet the dream handheld. Every time I see it, my heart aches.

Never heard of it

Remember this...

zelda-hd.jpg

Had an apithany today - and it all makes sense. A Twilight Princess remake based on that tech demo they showed. You hoid it foist here folks.

TP was actually quiet a beautiful game, getting memories of swimming under Lake Hylia with the Zora Armour, and the beauty of the Zoras themselves and the detail within the Zora's Domain.

Looking at Pikmin 3, HD TP will be a glorious sight (and filler before the main) to behold.

Edited by King_V

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the Smash Bros. thread or here, but it's more E3 related, so...

Back when Mewtwo got his trailer in April, I made this observation:

A lot of neat little touches as always in the Mewtwo trailer. Mew, Genesect, trying to catch a shiny Mewtwo with the Master Ball (and the choice of Ness for these segments), the fact they used Dr. Mario instead of regular Mario (this also makes it the only character trailer without the regular Mario)… and for a split second, the use of Roy Koopa instead of Bowser Jr... Trolling? Or a hint of things to come? At this point, who can say!
This was before Roy was leaked, so I'm gonna chuck in a quick "called it" whilst I'm posting.

With this in consideration, I watched yesterday's Smash direct again last night... and something clicked. Look at the beginning of the Ryu Trailer again:

At the beginning of the trailer, Ryu is seen approaching Fox, Link and Samus. Now, this may be putting too much thought into these things but consider this:

• Star Fox Wii U will be at E3.
  • Hyrule Warriors 3DS was leaked (and I guess there's the new Zelda too but they said that wouldn't be at E3. Who knows!)

So we have three characters shown appearing together at the beginning of a trailer shown as part of Nintendo's E3 schedule, and two of them, Fox and Link, just so happen to have games at E3. So what about Samus?

Whether that's a coincidence or a hint, I'll let you lot decide. =P

Oh, there may have been some allusion to EarthBound Beginnings, too, but that's based on how you interpret a piece of art on the Miiverse stage. If you were to interpret it the way I did, it contains an end game spoiler for EarthBound Beginnings, so I won't post it.

Remember this...

zelda-hd.jpg

Had an apithany today - and it all makes sense. A Twilight Princess remake based on that tech demo they showed. You hoid it foist here folks.

TP was actually quiet a beautiful game, getting memories of swimming under Lake Hylia with the Zora Armour, and the beauty of the Zoras themselves and the detail within the Zora's Domain.

Looking at Pikmin 3, HD TP will be a glorious sight (and filler before the main) to behold.

Due to having played this game upscaled on a big HD LCD TV, I would definitely like to play this with crisp clean picture rather shitsmear vision.

Remember this...

zelda-hd.jpg

Nintendo did they they tested different games in HD before settling on Wind Waker so some of the work might have already been done. They probably had a prototype at the every least.

Did you really have to do that?! Damn you!

I had never heard of it until then and now, my heart aches too. :(

I would pay thousands. :laughing:

Y

Is Cosmo Jay from the Inbetweeners??

And Super Mario Brose?? eh?

Has anyone else downloaded any of the free preview games on the eShop? There are some gems!

Freedom planet is a gem of a 16-Bit platformer and Typoman is like limbo with letters. Anyone else tried any?

Has anyone else downloaded any of the free preview games on the eShop? There are some gems!

Freedom planet is a gem of a 16-Bit platformer and Typoman is like limbo with letters. Anyone else tried any?

Yeah, I played Freedom Planet. Absolutely loved it. It felt like a real Megadrive game.

I'm definitely thinking along the same lines as you, King V. If they announced Twilight Princess HD and it looked as good as this, it would make my E3.

It's been quite a good show already, I think, although it will now actually be surprising/disappointing if there's no Animal Crossing, Earthbound or Metroid in the presentation.

Revised predictions:

Wii U

Twilight Princess HD***

F-Zero U***

Metroid Prime 4***

Animal Crossing*

Earthbound 3 or 4 (or whatever it's called)*

3DS

Metroid V**

Metroid Prime game of some sort*

New Zelda (Link Between Worlds 2)*

Super Mario 3D Land 2*