NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

Our (and everyone's) friend Nintendaan has tweeted that he's spotted Retro Studios big cheeses at Starbucks in LA.

I wonder...

__can__t_let_you_brew_that____by_ozymandilas.png

Can I make a request that we keep this thread spoiler free or at least spoiler tagged until after the Digital Event please. With so many leaks going on it's a minefield out there. Only opened the new amiibo leak for a split second and it was enough to tempt me offline for two days.

Also can we not reveal leaks in thread titles till the presentation? Things like Hyrule Warriors (3DS). If you want to start a new thread on a leak then don't put the name of the game as the thread title.

Sound ok?

Can I make a request that we keep this thread spoiler free or at least spoiler tagged until after the Digital Event please. With so many leaks going on it's a minefield out there. Only opened the new amiibo leak for a split second and it was enough to tempt me offline for two days.

Also can we not reveal leaks in thread titles till the presentation? Things like Hyrule Warriors (3DS). If you want to start a new thread on a leak then don't put the name of the game as the thread title.

Sound ok?

Yeah, I doubt that's gonna happen. The best you can hope for is to create a spoiler free E3 thread. If a game gets leaked then a thread will probably be created same thing happened last year with Starfox.

Seriously, the only way to avoid spoilers is to avoid the internet until zero hour.

Yeah, I doubt that's gonna happen. The best you can hope for is to create a spoiler free E3 thread. If a game gets leaked then a thread will probably be created same thing happened last year with Starfox.

Seriously, the only way to avoid spoilers is to avoid the internet until zero hour.

Dammit, alright then. I've already unfollowed Gamexplain and Jose @ IGN on Twitter just to make sure. Looks like Nintendo media blackout till Tuesday...

Everybody get in the chatroom!

The music playing at the event has been amazing so far. So many classic Nintendo tunes.

I think the idea that Pokémon needs to be portable in an online and connected world is a little out of date! You can swap, battle and play online, you don't need to take you game with you when you can connect to anyone anywhere!

Plus thanks to technology you can now play home console games portably anyway. Best of both worlds. If Nintendo is able to do next gen what Sony has done this gen then they could have the best of both worlds.

So mother announced early. And unannounced games being played tonight. More reveals. Add in all the reals the past week for nintendo, either nintendo are going apeshit and tuesay is going to be awesome. Or Nintendo are utter dipshits and tuesday will be a huge disappointment! It's why we love 'em :D

Can you confirm they are showing more new games ? Is it worth staying up ?

They are definitely showing new games, that's what they said. Twice.

Can you confirm they are showing more new games ? Is it worth staying up ?

yes, so far... possibly not.

I only managed to catch the Tournament from Mario Kart onwards, and... man, it was actually pretty damn awesome! Mario Maker looks absolutely bananas!

Who said Nintendo hasn't got their shit together? That might as well have been their "conference", it was great.

Nintendo have kick started E3 with a hell of a bang. First we had the Smash Direct and just now we've had the Nintendo Championship, which was an absolute joy to watch. Amazing presentation of the games shown and I think Super Mario Maker finally got the showing it deserved.

Brillant stuff! :bowdown:

Great show! Just the right amount of cheese! :D

Surprises a plenty, some great showings of upcoming games, lots of energy and loads of cringe - great stuff!

My only real complaint was that I wish we had more retro stuff and less of the modern (particularly some games from N64-Wii would've been good) and that they should've been consistent about highlighting which players were who; but eh? I suppose that's always there for next time ;)

Reggie getting embarrassed on stage was a particular highlight :laughing: (fair play to home for not having it faked and doing it for real though! He obviously doesn't have time to play games or practice for Smash, so it's actually pretty ballsy of him to come out and publicly make a fool of himself!)

Overall, a riproaring success I reckon! : peace:

Nintendo... you had me at the very EarthBound Beginning. :smile:

What a way to start off the show and then to provide over three hours of top quality broadcasting of the first Nintendo Championship to take place in decades on top of showing off a brand new title along with an in-depth look at a hotly anticipated game which didn't necessarily need the hype but certainly benefited greatly from it. :D

Genuinely enjoyable to watch from start to finish, it made me proud to be a Nintendo fan alive in the year 2015. : peace:

E3 is already won before it has even officially begun, to think that there's still more to come is merely the icing on the cake. :)

Am I hyped? You bet your life I am! ;)

I couldn't think of anything worse than a Metroid x F-Zero x Starfox crossover! God no!

I just don't think the universes fit together at all. Starfox is too cutesy and F-Zero is too camp. Metroid belongs in it's own universe without any other series tarnishing it.

I'm sure F-Zero is actually in the Starfox universe, though. I think in Command, one of the endings sees one of them become a super celebrity F-Zero racer. I could DEFINITELY see a Starfox character or two poping up as racers in a new F-Zero. Or...a huge F-Zero track popping up in a Starfox level, that is under attack by Andross, with you zooming/flying around some huge planet size track, taking out Andross baddies to save racers.

As much as I'd like a new Starfox, I'd like a huge adventure game like Starfox Adventures, too. It desn't have to star them, but it could be set in the same universe. TV shows/movies are doing it, it's only a matter of time before games start getting their own universes with many series' in them, all with their different styles/flavours.

Yes Pokemon. How the hell can they not see how compatible a game like Pokemon Snap is for the Gamepad?

The Pokemon home console love and ideas were immense back on the 64 and even GC. I mean, things like the Transfer Pak and at least TRYING and adventure WITH a battling mode. I'll always give them credit for TRYING.

A Pokemon game will be like adding kindling to Wii U's sales. But they don't do it. And people act shocked when they think Nintendo is deliberately letting Wii U fizzle out.

Hey Serebii, is it true the creator of Pokemon is getting shot at E3? I assume Pokken will be there but...would he really just show up for that? I guess there'll be Super Mystery Dungeon, too. Am I expecting too much by expecting something totally unnanounced and amazing...?

Because it wouldn't work. Pokémon has to be portable

I always envisioned a 3rd person adventure with Metroid exploration type stuff (certain items to reach new areas/secrets etc.) with the main player being a human that becomes a Pokemon due to a mysterious stone, with other stones collectible to change to different Mon for abilities to new areas (like ice beam to freeze over a lake for an ice path etc.) Originally you start as an Eevee and get access to other Eevee forms (with the game introducing new Eevee forms) but I realize that may be boring, so may be best with more Pokemon types.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2
Automerged Doublepost

So is today's Nintendo Direct going to be on UStream like usual or Twitch? Going to be travelling home from work at that time so I need to prepare now.

So is today's Nintendo Direct going to be on UStream like usual or Twitch? Going to be travelling home from work at that time so I need to prepare now.

It's tomorrow, not today. Can be on UStream and Twitch...or US one through Youtube

It's tomorrow, not today. Can be on UStream and Twitch...or US one through Youtube

So it is. Far too excited, got confused with the far less interesting Microsoft one.

At least I'm prepared for tomorrow!

Hey Serebii, is it true the creator of Pokemon is getting shot at E3? I assume Pokken will be there but...would he really just show up for that? I guess there'll be Super Mystery Dungeon, too. Am I expecting too much by expecting something totally unnanounced and amazing...?

No, he's not going to be at E3

Just catching up on the NWC this morning while my Smash content downloads, what a fantastic start to e3!

And what a great way to show off your new games too. I COULD listen to Iwata in a suit talking about Mario Maker, but watching some gamers put it through its paces, have a live crowd getting hyped watching it and an added competitive element made it exhilarating!

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see MS and Sony look to do something similar in the future, such a great advert and, in my opinion, justifies not having a 'proper' conference. NWC+Direct+TreeHouse=engagement, talking points and thinking outside the box. :D

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see MS and Sony look to do something similar in the future, such a great advert and, in my opinion, justifies not having a 'proper' conference. NWC+Direct+TreeHouse=engagement, talking points and thinking outside the box. :D

I don't think the other two would have the ability to pull something like this off. They simply don't have the back catalogue or history to make something like this special.

What made this great was one minute they're playing something like Mario Kart 8 and then the next minute there's a blast from the past and Balloon Fight was in screen.

I still can't get over how fantastic the whole thing was.

Did you not stay up and watch it, @Serebii? There were loads of us in chat and I didn't see you there.

I don't think the other two would have the ability to pull something like this off. They simply don't have the back catalogue or history to make something like this special.

What made this great was one minute they're playing something like Mario Kart 8 and then the next minute there's a blast from the past and Balloon Fight was in screen.

Did you not stay up and watch it, @Serebii? There were loads of us in chat and I didn't see you there.

Na, I've had a horrific sleep schedule due to Pokémon news the past week so I slept through and caught up this morning

Aye I'd agree with you on the history side of things, I guess I meant more along the lines of getting gamers to play the games to show them off, have a much more interactive way of presenting them.

I know people love the way the conferences are delivered and such, but having seen the NWC style, I just can't see how Spencer and Yoshida talking about the new games coming out will be exciting, I want to see gamers playing them god damnit it!!

Each to their own, and perhaps I'm just giddy from having just seen it, but that's the future of e3 IMO :)

But also yeah how fantastic to see Splatoon, Blast Ball revealed (and played!!) MK, then Balloon Fight and Mario Maker too...and e3 starts TODAY! :D