NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

It's strange timing for sure. I suppose a lot of what they announced is very Japan focused, but still seems a bit odd.

That was a really surprisingly substantial Direct! Especially considering how close they are to E3!

Makes you wonder if they didn't just blow their load there and that E3 will be nothing but localisation announcements...

That was a really surprisingly substantial Direct! Especially considering how close they are to E3!

Makes you wonder if they didn't just blow their load there and that E3 will be nothing but localisation announcements...

"Good morning.

Doctor Mario will be releasing this December.

Thank you for watching our E3 Digital Event. See you on the show floor!"

I doubt I'd buy it now, tbh. I would've been all over that 18 months ago. Or, better still, when it got released elsewhere when it should have arrived in Europe. :blank:

ExciteTruck was great and I was ready for a follow up. The delay between ExciteTruck appearing on the Wii and now is just far too great to get me in the mood again. A massive shame, as I plunged so many hours into that game.

Man, I never thought I'd see that from you. Actually makes me a little sad to see you seem so burned out on Nintendo :( Without getting in to the age old conversation though, I guess I can see why(barely touching my WiiU atm).

Well...later today...

Tease me, tease me, tease me, tease me Serebii, till I loose control...

Ooo... Pre-E3 direct for Europe too?

Possibly. Don't know the details, just been told to keep my eye out this afternoon. Think I have a specific time, but I don't think I'm allowed to share.

Really ? I just assumed there would be one as Japan had one . Strange not to advertise it if there's one . Unless it's a secret pre e3 suprise

Who was that man on the Japan direct ? Where was Iwata ? I hope he's ok

I haven't watched the Japanese Nintendo Direct or fully explored the contents but the thread titles in this particular forum suggest to me that, at least from my perspective, there was a considerable amount of 'filler'.. but perhaps that's just because nothing I have seen really interests me :heh:

This actually encourages me for E3 as I feel like they're maybe giving people a glimpse of these titles now with the emphasis on focusing on the big hitters at E3. At least, I hope that's what's happening : peace:

Really ? I just assumed there would be one as Japan had one . Strange not to advertise it if there's one . Unless it's a secret pre e3 suprise

Who was that man on the Japan direct ? Where was Iwata ? I hope he's ok

Iwata is delegating some of the Direct presentation to Mr. Morimoto, who appears to be his protégé. Iwata thinks injecting new blood into some of the directs is a good thing.

I can't help but shake the feeling that following Iwata's health scare, he's putting plans in place in case things happen again or he has to retire for his health. Last year, no Directs happened between Iwata falling ill and him returning to work. It makes sense for him to delegate some of it.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

With the mini direct anyone thinking they're getting the 3DS out of the way to focus on wii u at e3 :) Good sign that Dr Mario, Pokmeon and Chibi Robo have already been announced, they could have easily added them to E3 and been nice little announcements, with Dr Mario available straight away or something....

I guess they must be writing the E3 script and realised they don't have room for everything, cut what they did and decided to rush these directs out. Promising.

With the mini direct anyone thinking they're getting the 3DS out of the way to focus on wii u at e3 :) Good sign that Dr Mario, Pokmeon and Chibi Robo have already been announced, they could have easily added them to E3 and been nice little announcements, with Dr Mario available straight away or something....

I guess they must be writing the E3 script and realised they don't have room for everything, cut what they did and decided to rush these directs out. Promising.

Well these things would feel out of place somewhat in the Digital Event. They're the more smaller titles that Nintendo does, and filling time in the Direct with them would piss people off. It pisses some people off that they wasted time by putting them here anyway, but alas.

As long as they get it out of the way so we can spend more time in the yarn store I'm happy.

Man, I never thought I'd see that from you. Actually makes me a little sad to see you seem so burned out on Nintendo :( Without getting in to the age old conversation though, I guess I can see why(barely touching my WiiU atm).

Yeah, it is pretty sad. But, ExciteTruck was like...eight years ago now. F Zero was even longer than that and the truth is that I can't be arsed waiting around another ten years or so for the next big/different racer to come around. I need new stuff and I need it much sooner than that, rather than it just being wheeled out for a bit of fan service or something.

Maybe I'd change my mind and get caught up in the hype if another ExciteTruck gets revealed, I'd love to. I played the shit out of that game and I was waiting for moar. All Nintendo had to do was release the next one and I'd have been on that. But noooooo.

I loved excite truck. I have Excitebots too. But excitebike 64 is still the pinnacle of the series! I'd much prefer a sequel to that!

I would chew somebody's arm off for an honest-to-god Excite Truck sequel.

I think the real issue here is why hasn't @Fierce_LiNk got Splatoon.

I'm playing The Witcher 3 and Batman is also out this month and already preordered. I'm sorted for the next few months with these two alone.

I'm playing The Witcher 3 and Batman is also out this month and already preordered. I'm sorted for the next few months with these two alone.

it was actually a rhetorical question because you're already dead to me

I loved excite truck. I have Excitebots too. But excitebike 64 is still the pinnacle of the series! I'd much prefer a sequel to that!

Excitebike 64 is criminally underappreciated :(

Excitebike 64 is criminally underappreciated :(

Absolutely agree! But like I've said before, I think Nintendo should make a mashup of Excitebike 64 and Excitetruck. End result should be something like Motorstorm (only with hopefully less terrible vehicle physics).

It seems this E3 is going to kick massive ass. Project Treasure has received a new trailer, the new Harvest Moon has been announced, first gameplay screenshots from Fast Racing Neo, Monster Hunter X and Chibi Robo 3DS announced, all in a very short timespan prior to E3. Do Nintendo have so much to show off that they had to turn these games down?