NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

And another thing, their reasons for doing Directs instead of presentations is complete BS. Anybody care to bet against me that next year the NX will be revealed at a live presentation?

They have their reasons, they don't need to divulge those reasons to the fanboys. If they did go back to on-stage presentations you'd just complain about how painful and awkward their speakers are.

And another thing, their reasons for doing Directs instead of presentations is complete BS. Anybody care to bet against me that next year the NX will be revealed at a live presentation?

Didn't know they'd declared their reasons?

Though, and this will be hard for you - the worlds most negative man, but try and be objective. The direct last year was one of the best things at any e3, it was easily better than any live conference. The direct is the best way for nintendo to showcase their games.

Announcing hardware is a completely different thing, so why lump them together? I'd imagine they will do a live conference for NX yeah, but maybe not, either way, what's it matter, all you can do is what is best at that moment. Why do you use everything you an as a way to attack?

They have their reasons, they don't need to divulge those reasons to the fanboys. If they did go back to on-stage presentations you'd just complain about how painful and awkward their speakers are.

This is bad Ronnie. You're complaining about him not even complaining, just that he might do so in the future... that's just pathetic.

I prefer a conference, it has a better feeling about it than a Direct. Although Directs are fine.

I'm just hoping they show me that they will still make good games that suit me and not keep disappointing me.

This is bad Ronnie. You're complaining about him not even complaining, just that he might do so in the future... that's just pathetic.

I prefer a conference, it has a better feeling about it than a Direct. Although Directs are fine.

I'm just hoping they show me that they will still make good games that suit me and not keep disappointing me.

Let's be honest, he does complain about pretty much everything though.

And if Splatoon, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart, smash, mario, yoshi, mario maker etc disappoint you, then i really do hope they keep disappointing you! :)

Didn't know they'd declared their reasons?

Though, and this will be hard for you - the worlds most negative man, but try and be objective. The direct last year was one of the best things at any e3, it was easily better than any live conference. The direct is the best way for nintendo to showcase their games.

Announcing hardware is a completely different thing, so why lump them together? I'd imagine they will do a live conference for NX yeah, but maybe not, either way, what's it matter, all you can do is what is best at that moment. Why do you use everything you an as a way to attack?

I think you're mixing up their Direct with their Treehouse Live presentations. Completely different things. Please be informed before laying into me like that.

And that's a lie.

Edited by Wii

I still can only see the appeal of the "live shows" if you're actually there. Whenever people refer to past moments, it's typically been videos from people there, not of the actual stream they give out to people at home.

There's way too much cringeworthyness, awkward pauses, fake applause and self-congratulation for me to like the press conferences

Let's be honest, he does complain about pretty much everything though.

And if Splatoon, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart, smash, mario, yoshi, mario maker etc disappoint you, then i really do hope they keep disappointing you! :)

See now, where have I complained about "Splatoon, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart, smash, mario, yoshi"?

I own all those games or soon will. I probably own as many if not more Wii U games than most people on this site.

Sure I don't care for Mario Maker in the slightest but I'm hardly in its thread every day bashing it.

Nintendo aren't perfect and if they deserve criticism I'll give it. I'm not a blind fanboy though I freely admit I once was.

I'm not a Microsoft or a Sony owner, never have been, so I can't be accused of any bias for them.

Edited by Wii

He complains about EVERYTHING. Something gets announced and he finds something to complain about, even if he has to scrape the bottom of the barrel to do so.

Now he's whinging about Nintendo's reasons for doing an online presentation, actual reasons they haven't even divulged because they're confidential.

Sure I don't care for Mario Maker in the slightest but I'm hardly in its thread every day bashing it.

No time, you're too busy in the amiibo thread every day bashing it instead.

Edited by Ronnie
Automerged Doublepost

I'd argue the Direct was no different than what they usually do in normal Directs, at least in terms of gaming announcements. I would go as far to say that there have been far better Directs than what they did at E3. It was a combo of the Smash tournament, Direct and Treehouse stuff ( even though that did wear very thin by the end of the week ) that gave them a good presence last year.

If Audrey does her whole exaaactly thing this year I'm switching off

If Audrey does her whole exaaactly thing this year I'm switching off

Haha. That was so annoying. I completely forgot about that.

I'm sure someone pointed it out to her on Twitter or something like that. Either that or she was reading the Gaf thread.

Haha. That was so annoying. I completely forgot about that.

I'm sure someone pointed it out to her on Twitter or something like that. Either that or she was reading the Gaf thread.

She was generally quite annoying for most of E3, I don't remember her being quite so loud at IGN.

...if Splatoon, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart, smash, mario, yoshi, mario maker etc disappoint you, then i really do hope they keep disappointing you! :)

Take out Pikmin 3 and yes, the rest are all disappointing as they could, and should, have been so much more!

Personally, I think a live stage show has the potential to be much better, even if you're not there. If that wasn't the case, they wouldn't make live TV.

It depends what they show though. Last year's Direct was a lot better than the live shows put on during some of Nintendo's most successful times. On the other hand, I enjoyed the extended Zelda footage at the recent-ish game awards more than anything else I can remember.

Reminds me of the pre-emptive shh:

Take out Pikmin 3 and yes, the rest are all disappointing as they could, and should, have been so much more!

How do you know, most of those aren't out yet. Splatoon is getting rave reviews by the gaming press, MK8 is very well loved and filled with top quality content, likewise Smash, Mario 3D World is at 93 on metecritic, Yoshi isn't out yet but looks great, likewise Mario Maker.

Edited by Ronnie

How do you know, most of those aren't out yet. Splatoon is getting rave reviews by the gaming press, MK8 is very well loved and filled with top quality content, likewise Smash, Mario 3D World is at 93 on metecritic, Yoshi isn't out yet but looks great, likewise Mario Maker.

DON'T POKE THE BEAR.

Good god man.

Edit: @kav82, I don't mean to call you a bear, it's just a metaphor for the argument. Apologies if misconstrued

Edited by Serebii

I think it has more to do with what Kav wants out of his games.

Mario Kart, Splatoon and Smash all lack voice chat/online social aspect and Mario World and Yoshi are more platformers, a genre which he is tired of.

A game could be rated the best in the world but if it's not a genre you care for then it's pretty meaningless to that individual.

I didn't know Splatoon was out. Where are these rave reviews on Metacritic or anywhere for that matter? Previews =/= reviews.

Splatoon, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart, smash, mario, yoshi, mario maker

4>3.

Edited by Wii

I didn't know Splatoon was out. Where are these rave reviews on Metacritic or anywhere for that matter? Previews =/= reviews.

No need to be pedantic. He obviously meant the previews that are going around.

I think you're mixing up their Direct with their Treehouse Live presentations. Completely different things. Please be informed before laying into me like that.

And that's a lie.

I'm not getting them mixed up at all, the treehouse was great, but the direct was brilliant.

Admit it, I wasn't attacking you, people can converse in other ways than defence or attack, more an observation, you attack nintendo for most things they do. Do you really deny that?

See now, where have I complained about "Splatoon, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart, smash, mario, yoshi"?

I own all those games or soon will. I probably own as many if not more Wii U games than most people on this site.

Nintendo aren't perfect and if they deserve criticism I'll give it. I'm not a blind fanboy though I freely admit I once was.

I'm not a Microsoft or a Sony owner, never have been, so I can't be accused of any bias for them.

You've said Splatoon is an empty shell of a game, and criticised the voice chat situation a lot. As for the others, you probably have, but I don't remember every post for the past few years, all I know is most things you say is negative. Again, not a criticism of you, it just seems that way. In a big way. You can have that opinion, some of the time I agree with it, but in general I'd say you were one of the most negative people on here regarding nintendo.

I'd argue the Direct was no different than what they usually do in normal Directs, at least in terms of gaming announcements. I would go as far to say that there have been far better Directs than what they did at E3. It was a combo of the Smash tournament, Direct and Treehouse stuff ( even though that did wear very thin by the end of the week ) that gave them a good presence last year.

The direct was completely different than what the usually do in style and presentation though. So you don't think the opening, the robot chicken stuff, the mii fighter reveal etc was so refreshingly brilliant for e3?!

Personally, I think a live stage show has the potential to be much better, even if you're not there. If that wasn't the case, they wouldn't make live TV.

It depends what they show though. Last year's Direct was a lot better than the live shows put on during some of Nintendo's most successful times. On the other hand, I enjoyed the extended Zelda footage at the recent-ish game awards more than anything else I can remember.

Reminds me of the pre-emptive shh:

Exactly, it isn't a blanket one or the other. It's what's best for each company at that moment. And the direct last year showed me it's 95% the better alternative. Next year with NX, I'd say a live show. Maybe a fish in the chest game reveal also warrants one. Case by case. But all I know is I can't remember the last time I watched a live show and wasn't bored shitless or cringing my way through it.

The direct was completely different than what the usually do in style and presentation though. So you don't think the opening, the robot chicken stuff, the mii fighter reveal etc was so refreshingly brilliant for e3?!

That's why I said in terms of gaming announcements.

I think he means FOR HIM rather than in general. And for me all this games are infinitely better than the other console, even though I do agree they could be better with improved online/communication features.

Edit: or what Hero said