NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

Another revived third party title: For the time being, I have no idea what this could be. Off the top of my head, I can only think of Silent Hills.

Beyond Good & Evil 2?

I still have this weird feeling that Star Fox might end up disappointing.

The game play will feel great at its core, but the rest might be very bare bones a la Mario Kart 8.

That may very well be true.

Miyamoto may be great with concrete mechanics, but he seems quite clueless when it comes to "fluff".

On the other hand, Splatoon seems to be quite good from that standpoint.

Beyond Good & Evil 2?

If NINTENDO decides to pick up that IP and give Ancel full control, good god :yay: Hold me.

That may very well be true.

Miyamoto may be great with concrete mechanics, but he seems quite clueless when it comes to "fluff".

On the other hand, Splatoon seems to be quite good from that standpoint.

Yes, I guess it depends on what team is under his helm and whether or not they might be collaborating with someone on the title.

Edited by Fused King
Automerged Doublepost

I still have this weird feeling that Star Fox might end up disappointing.

The game play will feel great at its core, but the rest might be very bare bones a la Mario Kart 8.

It probably won't be the Starfox game that most people want but I'm hoping it'll still have plenty of merit :heh:

I reckon it'll be more like Starfox Command than Lylat Wars..

Want (will never get):

Actraiser reboot - perfect for gamepad.

ZombiU 2 - really want this

Beyond good and evil 2

Super Mario Allstars (VC)

NHPLA 93 (VC)

Pro wrestling (VC)

GTA any

Eledees remake

Want (possible):

'Proper' story, hub based Mario

F-Zero Wii U

Game Cube VC

Player's choice range

Pikmin 4

New DLC packs for MK8

Metroid 3D

Will see:

Star fox

I'm convinced star fox will be disappointing so anything else will be a bonus. I just think gamepad motion controls will be vital in how it plays and slow the action down accordingly. I just want an epic space action game like 64, but twice the amount of levels and online dogfighting. Or even better some sort of online co op adventure.

And of course the inevitable amiibo range!

This along with a crushingly disappointing animal crossing reveal I think it'll be a bit limp all in all. But I'll be fine. Mario maker looks incredible and gives me time to play more splatoon/smash/kart

Part of me thinks they might do some joke Iwata, Miyamoto and Reggie amiibo for attendees...but then Nintendo don't really engage with E3 in the same way as others day.

I don't know. Wouldn't be surprised if they did, wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. That's me sufficiently covered ;)

Nintendo's E3 Focus to Reportedly be on Wii U and 3DS, not Smart Devices or NX

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/nintendos_e3_focus_to_reportedly_be_on_wii_u_and_3ds_not_smart_devices_or_nx

I hope they bring some good games for the Wii U, as I've just got the console, so would not like to see it being forgoten (OK, for me there are more then enough good games on it, but still....).

Part of me thinks they might do some joke Iwata, Miyamoto and Reggie amiibo for attendees...but then Nintendo don't really engage with E3 in the same way as others day.

If last year was anything to go by, they engaged with E3 far more than the others. Joke (not for sale) amiibos of those three sounds exactly the sort of thing Nintendo would do.

I guess new pokémon games aren't revealed in E3 but I want a new 3DS main game, a sequel to XY would be sweet.

If last year was anything to go by, they engaged with E3 far more than the others. Joke (not for sale) amiibos of those three sounds exactly the sort of thing Nintendo would do.

I'd argue the opposite. They used it as a platform to engage fans world over, yes, but actually using the venue and it's participants to is full advantage...? I can't recall hearing any swag that was given away, but perhaps people just didn't talk about it.

And personally the only thing on my wish list is if they are going for the treehouse thing again they get a better production company. Last year was awful.

They gave out loads of swag last year, and what about the Smash Bros Invitational tournament? And the treehouse stuff that anyone could walk up to and watch. There was also the two media briefings on Smash and Codename Steam, and they revealed Devil's Third exclusively to IGN. In terms of engagement and presence they were all over E3 last year, on the show floor and for the online audience.

I did say they "didn't engage in the same way as others", not "they didn't engage". Smash Bros, treehouse and media stuff is all great, but it's not the swag that I was speaking about. What swag did they give away?

So the only way to properly engage with people is to bribe them with shiny trinkets? They engaged with the media a lot over E3. Just because they didn't hold a conference nor did they bribe them with crap doesn't mean they didn't engage.

Edited by Serebii

Nintendo doesn't give swag. Selling it is just better business :heh:

It's what is implied.

I'll let Ashley retort. Also...as he said himself: He did say "they didn't engage in the same way as the others" not "they didn't engage"...

No no no no no no no no no no no no.

They did things differently is what I said without any intended judgement on what is best.

I then asked what swag they had because I'm curious about swag. I wasn't trying to say swag is the only way. Just curious if there's anything in their history that would lead to special edition amiibos at E3.

Let's not assume everything is a slight on Nintendo without asking what the intention was.

Not outside the bounds of possibilities. KOEI TECMO are back again making...

Metroid: Another Mess :p I'm joking about the subtitle

They're on good terms with Nintendo. They've unannounced games in the pipeline. They built a solid foundation with the first game and the gamepad could add a lot like 1st person view for the gamepad, 3rd person on the TV. Also, the gamepad could be used to solve puzzles. Fix the controls, sort out the story, just enhance and improve the gameplay and I'd be happy with that.

So the only way to properly engage with people is to bribe them with shiny trinkets? They engaged with the media a lot over E3. Just because they didn't hold a conference nor did they bribe them with crap doesn't mean they didn't engage.

Nah. They just did stuff like this instead. :D

ib29g3xgyKG2PT.jpg

Nah. They just did stuff like this instead. :D

ib29g3xgyKG2PT.jpg

Nothing wrong with pandering to the lowest human instinct :p

Oh God the 3DS tethering thing. Almost as bad as that Ocarina of Time advert.

Not that they're alone in making such patently stupid decisions.

Oh and one more Want but wont get:

'Proper' Pokemon Wii U

- Advance Wars

- Metroid

- Donkey Kong

- Surprises

- Banter

- Hats

- Lowlz

- Cool amiibos

- Epic bantz

- 3D Mario