NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

presentbombreactOOKMED.gif

Gather 'round, gather 'round fellow Nyurpers, and let us talk about NINTENDO's presence at E3 2015.

Though not that active anymore, I am always down for a good ol' fashion hype-nanny!

Let us first get out of the way what we know will be present.

For the WiiU:

- Star Fox WiiU

- Xenoblade Chronicles X

For the 3DS:

- Fire Emblem If

- Rhythm Paradise Plus ?!?

You guys I have been out of the game for a bit too long :laughing:

I have little to no idea what known facts there are regarding NINTENDO at this year's E3, so maybe you dawgs can help me out and I'll update accordingly.

Anyways, ON TO THE QUESTIONS THAT MATTER!

Will NINTENDO have a stage presence this year?

What is Next Level Games working on?

What is Retro Studios working on?

Will we see more collaborations with 3rd parties on new franchises akin to the birth of The Wonderful 101?

How smug will Reggie be this time and how resentful will some of the Nyurpers be because of this?

Will we see our first smartphone game?

Will a dormant franchise be revived?

Will there be news about the Smash Bros. Ballot?

Will we get a look at more Mario Kart DLC?

Moar Platformerezzzz?!?!

Will Animal Crossing WiiU be the big title to end it all?

Now that some relevant questions have been asked I will now proceed with speculation.

Samus Aran and Captain Jay Douglas Falcon in an open world-ish bounty-hunting game in space where you get the best of both worlds by being able to take on various bounties. Some might involve insane racing whilst others might have you explore a desolate planet all by your lonesome. Of course Co-op will be a major selling point of the game and it will give us a new appreciation for two of NINTENDO's greatest bounty hunters ever to have roamed the universe :D

That is all.

Edited by Fused King

Not being bad but I'm not hyped. If Nintendo surprise me then great but I don't expect there'll be a lot on the Wii U front. And that's because I think the NX will release next Christmas. Zelda was the big game for this year but now it's a complete no show. It'll probably be the Wii U's swan song with an NX version planned as well. It's best not to get too hyped as for me at least the last few years haven't really been that great. But what I would like is:

• Metroid
  • F-Zero
  • Earthbound
  • A real 3D Mario
  • Paper Mario

What I could see is Pikmin 4, Super Mario 3D World 2, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker 2. Easy sequels basically.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I reckon we'll get something Zelda-ish to placate the delay. Maybe a remake or something small and new like a new Four Swords

Edited by Serebii

Some predictions for the Wii U:

F-Zero UX - Uses the Mario Kart engine and is similar to 200cc mode (which will turn out to have been a test)

Twilight Princess HD - A relatively easy remake by Grezzo that both gives us the TP style in HD (much desired ever since the 2011 demo) and makes up for the lack of the new Zelda

Metroid Prime 4 - By Retro Studios. Even if it's not called that, it'll be close enough to be recognised as the 4th game in the series.

And a cheeky hope for the 3DS:

Metroid V - Finally, a true pixel art sequel to Metroid Fusion!

Metroid Prime 4 from Retro. Big emphasis on single player only, no multiplayer.

New Mario Strikers from Next Level Games.

Another Wii to 3DS port from Monster Games. :nono:

Some big Amiibo game which makes use of every Amiibo in existence.

A new 'low budget' entry in an old series like F-Zero or Excitebike. Mega Man 9/10 style sort of thing. But maybe with slightly prettier graphics, track editor, leaderboards etc.

SNES Remix.

Theatrhythm Zelda.

Metroid Prime 4 from Retro. Big emphasis on single player only, no multiplayer.

New Mario Strikers from Next Level Games.

Another Wii to 3DS port from Monster Games. :nono:

Some big Amiibo game which makes use of every Amiibo in existence.

A new 'low budget' entry in an old series like F-Zero or Excitebike. Mega Man 9/10 style sort of thing. But maybe with slightly prettier graphics, track editor, leaderboards etc.

SNES Remix.

Theatrhythm Zelda.

Nearly everything in that post I hate. What is wrong with you? :p

I agree on Metroid but it needs to be third person.

Why does F-Zero have to be low budget?

Everything else can be thrown in a bin especially the amiibo idea.

Well, you know me, I'll be waiting for Muddy Mole to return, and clap politely at things that aren't that :heh:

Unless they show something Zelda or Mega Man in which case I will jizz.

What I think:

Like Wii I'm not expecting anything particularly exciting, but I'm also fine with that. I'm loving their smaller releases and ploughing through backlog/VC so not bothered to ride the rest of the generation out with mainly quirky smaller titles.

Animal Crossing U. It's coming, it'll likely be very similar to new leaf. It'll likely get boring quickly because it's not portable...

SNES remix

Starfox uses the gamad heavily and it looks slower and less actiony as a result

Mario Galaxy 3D - remake for 3DS.

Trailer for Metroid Prime from retro

What I realsitcally could happen want :

An amiibo game, free to play, but need amiibo to unleash characters and levels

Metroid Prime 4 THIS year

Luigis Mansion 3 U

What I would LOVE:

FZero - GX remake of a brand new one. Don't care.

Excitebike U

Wave Race U

Advance Wars 3DS

Theathrythm Star Wars or Zelda

Virtual Boy VC on 3DS

Oh, either Pikmin 4 with online mission mode and Bingo Battle, or a patch for 4. I just want it online.

1. Animal Crossing U - big focus on social features, heavy use of Miiverse and will tie in to the 3DS home designer software somehow

2. Starfox Universe - A big mix of vehicle types as well as the usual Arwing action. No on-land shooter sections.

3. amiiboLand - 3D platformer/party game utilising every amiibo. A celebration of Nintendo, like NintendoLand was.

4. Metroid U - trailer from Retro, 2016 release

5. Advance Wars 3DS

Nearly everything in that post I hate. What is wrong with you? :p

I agree on Metroid but it needs to be third person.

Why does F-Zero have to be low budget?

Everything else can be thrown in a bin especially the amiibo idea.

They were predictions, not a wish list. :heh:

Why would Nintendo invest in another high budget F-Zero when the last one flopped so badly?

They were predictions, not a wish list. :heh:

Why would Nintendo invest in another high budget F-Zero when the last one flopped so badly?

They didn't spend a penny on advertising it, Nintendo have sent so many games out to die in the past because of this. Give it some proper promotion like Mario, Pokemon and Zelda get and sales would be different. A brilliant game and it looked class but was F-Zero GX high budget? Didn't Wipeout sell well on the Playstation? And that pales in comparison to F-Zero but that series got advertising. F-Zero GX deserved more recognition from the public, no point having a great game and it reviewing well if nobody knows about it.

I predict penguins. Dancing penguins.

Nintendo's new 2016 huge IP right there!

And here I was thinking Nintendo has just announced their plans for this years E3. Oh well...

I reckon we'll get something Zelda-ish to placate the delay. Maybe a remake or something small and new like a new Four Swords

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask HD: Simply put, the 3DS remakes in HD with a few new shaders.

Penguins and...

...BEARS!

sjugZ.jpg

Perhaps added to the new Star Fox?

Zom-bear U?

Edited by Hogge

I predict penguins. Dancing penguins.

The Mary Poppins dancing game we've all been waiting for?!!?!

DVD-High-Kicks.gif

This is possibly the only E3 in memory that I have absolutely no hype for. :(

And it just feels draining to dream something even slightly plausible (ie 1080 HD, Waverace, F-Zero), because nothing remotely close gets shown.

I would like to see an unpredicted unveiling of the NX, proposed features and a game reel similar to the Spaceworld one with the Gamecube.

Yeah, I'm the same. It's not just Nintendo's offerings, I'm just not excited for Sony or Microsofts stuff either. I'm still taking the week off work for it all though. It's tradition at this point. :D

And it just feels draining to dream something even slightly plausible (ie 1080 HD, Waverace, F-Zero), because nothing remotely close gets shown.

I would like to see an unpredicted unveiling of the NX, proposed features and a game reel similar to the Spaceworld one with the Gamecube.

Yeah, I'm the same. It's not just Nintendo's offerings, I'm just not excited for Sony or Microsofts stuff either. I'm still taking the week off work for it all though. It's tradition at this point. :D

I'm not excited yet because it still seems far away to me. But, once it gets closer, I will be up for it.

It's kinda nice in a way to go into the Nintendo conference...sorry...direct (or whatever they're doing) with zero expectations because I no longer care about the WiiU. If their showing sucks, it's not a major deal to me as I've got another console to fall back on. If something big gets revealed (like a new F Zero or something I want), then it'll be something gained.

I'm starting to wonder if this E3 will provide a game that will force me to upgrade to the New 3DS :heh:

There are plenty of reasons for me to want one right now but none of them are enough to justify paying the money necessary to make the change. Xenoblade Chronicles is a game that I'm more likely to play on Wii, if I ever feel the desire to get around to it, but it'll be interesting to see if there's another New 3DS exclusive on the horizon..

My Wii U predictions are:

Starfox U: To be released this year. Some sort of playable demo available immediately after the presentation.

Another revived third party title: For the time being, I have no idea what this could be. Off the top of my head, I can only think of Silent Hills.

Retro Studios game: Hopefully it won't be Metroid Prime. Perhaps a Wii U exclusive GTA game? Set in Vice City? PLEASE?

Revived franchise: Another dormant Nintendo franchise gets revived for Wii U. Pilotwings? 1080? Excitebike? You tell me

Another 2D platformer for Wii U: I don't want it, but Nintendo just seem unable to stop themselves.

New IP: Nintendo show off yet another IP. Hopefully something equally ambitious and well received as Splatoon

Remake: A remake of something. Some say Twilight Princess, I hope Mario 64, just because the difference would be so dramatic

Gamecube games on WiiU. Mostly I just want an easy copy of F-Zero GX to get to. A new F-Zero would also be welcome.

I still have this weird feeling that Star Fox might end up disappointing.

The game play will feel great at its core, but the rest might be very bare bones a la Mario Kart 8.