NEurope
Serebii

Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios

1 hour ago, will' said:

Keep them coming I say! 

Not sure if we’ll make it over to Japan this year but definitely planning to go for the Olympics next year (providing it actually happens). Think I’ll add on a trip here at the same time - it’s looking really cool.

Keep me updated on that. Maybe our paths will cross!

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Keep me updated on that. Maybe our paths will cross!

Let’s hope so! Would be nice to finally be in the same place as each other.

• Like 1

It’s looking really good - I just hope they actually open it sooner rather than later.

Can’t wait to go, hopefully will be able to get there soon after it opens, but I’m not holding my breath on that.

Here’s hoping that by the time it comes to western countries, it’ll be more Super Nintendo World and less Super Mario World.

I want my DK Minecart ride!

Edited by Dcubed

I can’t decide whether I think that food looks great or disgusting. 

That guy had another video up of the merchandise they’re selling and I can already feel my bank account draining:

After Christmas in the UK got cancelled we made plans to go to Japan for New Year as they’d relaxed the travel restrictions between here and there. Now that COVID cases have spiked in Japan we’ve decided against it. Will have to align the next trip with this place being open - can’t wait to visit.

• Like 1

Oh yeah that food looks like it would be disgusting (as in, hella sugar) but its nice to look at.

Skimmed through that video as I didn't need to see a slow pan over the same products in different colours but an interesting range. Nothing jumped out at me that I'd want, but I probably would get some stationary/houseware kind of stuff just to get something.

Still gutted that it isn't really a Super "Nintendo" World, so much as a Super "Mario" World; but I aint gonna lie, it looks great!

Love the idea of a Mario Kart AR ride! (Even though I'd still much rather have DK's Minecart Carnage...)

ONUb.gif

It’s basically gonna be 15 mins of this, isn’t it?

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 7

Miyamoto seems to have aged a lot since his last appearance. He's finally starting to show his age.

The park itself looks great but I'm not sold on the activities, not that I could go and try any of them anyway. Just as well as I'd spend a small fortune on merchandise. :D 

The cafe ran by Toad is both hilarious and adorable. The view of the kitchen got a smile out of me.

• Like 1

content-4-36403-supernintendoworlddirectroundupbanner.jpg

Super Nintendo World Direct 18/12/2020 Roundup

All up on the main page. :)

A brief summary, and entire video presentation embed. :peace:

- - - - -

It does look good, clearly a lot of time, energy and resources went into making Super Nintendo World a reality, it's just not something I can get that excited over, but it was nice to see Shigeru Miyamoto giving a brief tour around the place, and you can see that he's happy to see all of this being brought to life, it must be a big moment for him. :D

If anyone is planning on going to visit Super Nintendo World, whenever that's possible, then I'm sure they'll have a great time there, personally, I've never been that bothered about theme parks in general, though I can see that this is a significant venture for Nintendo. :smile:

I'm sure the place will print money, so long as people actually have the money to spend... and if not, at least the place is now a reality, though it would be good to see people actually get to enjoy the place, otherwise... it's one heck of an expensive statement by Nintendo and Universal. :p

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks fantastic! I love how they’ve sprinkled little mini games & secrets to find around the park!

Also props to them being consistent with basing the park specifically on Super Mario 3D World :hehe:

Great introduction to the park there, looks better each time I see it. We’ve decided we’ll definitely add this to our next trip to Japan, hopefully that’s not too far into the new year.

The smartphone and wrist tag stuff looks pretty cool. Nice when you can have a private Miyamoto tour but I imagine will be pretty impossible to collect everything when the park is full.

Good to see they’re still planning on the one in Singapore too. Looks like it’s been delayed so probably not going to open until after 2025 which is a while to wait.

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Miyamoto seems to have aged a lot since his last appearance. He's finally starting to show his age.

Yeah I thought the same, even his voice sounded older. Although he might just be tired/have a cold or something. 

Anyway, it looks like they've put a lot of small details in (no surprise) but watching that all I could think was "there's a lot of touching involved 😬"

And I really hope that popcorn isn't actually mushroom flavoured 🤢

The activities look like a great idea to keep people occupied and engaged (did Miyamoto’s app hint at 70 keys?).  Like already mentioned though, how easy these are to do in a park full of people remains to be seen.

No footage of the Mario Kart ride still. It’s a shame that there aren’t more rides, as so far it’s more like a giant playground than a theme park.

It looks amazing though and really keeping the style in line with the world as we’ve seen it in the game. @S.C.G you make a great point that it must be an incredible feeling for Miyamoto to have this all brought to life.

Those blocks are going to take one heck of a beating though aren’t they?!

• Thanks 1

I did like how it's coming "worldwide"; North America and Asia. It's a very American definition of "worldwide". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only skimmed these videos, but it looks predictably amazing from what I've seen...

There's also some footage from the Mario Kart ride doing the rounds on YouTube too