NEurope
Serebii

Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios

First pictures of the Florida version...

1UTQYSe.jpg

Edited by Dcubed

Looks amazing. I wonder if Nintendo will partner with the 2020 Olympic Games, could be a huge opportunity for them.

Some concept art/early renderings from the presentation have made their way online;

85C9zS8_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

I...can't see any Zelda on this map :(

Btf50nE_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

TXx9oku_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

dutw5Oo_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

SoyFTbW_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Some concept art/early renderings from the presentation have made their way online;

85C9zS8_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

I...can't see any Zelda on this map :(

Uhhh... Top left area of the map.

Uhhh... Top left area of the map.

My bad.

My eyes scanned straight over to Mario World and I never thought to look west of there, apparently.

My eyes were fixed on Moe's Tavern for a while and was very confused.

Strange that doesn't look like the concept art or the recent trailer at all, which only showed a Mario theme to it.

I'm not surprised the trailer only focused on Mario as he is their most recognisable and the most 'theme park'-ey (that's a thing, right?) character they have anyway. Much like a lot of Disney Land adverts focus on the Mickey characters even though the theme parks cover more franchises.

Strange that doesn't look like the concept art or the recent trailer at all, which only showed a Mario theme to it.

because the trailer is for Super Nintendo World Japan and the artwork seems to be for the Universal studios Florida version

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Nintendo are going to make some serious bank when this place opens.

Doubt it if everyone just grabs a fireflower and starts burning the place down...

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Ow, my freakin ears! 

I totally read that in the voice of Todd Flanders. I love that scene so much. :D 

• Haha 1

Do we know if they're still planning to open this year in light of everything going on?

18 hours ago, Ashley said:

Do we know if they're still planning to open this year in light of everything going on?

Surely not.  There won’t be any tourism going on for the rest of the year anyway!

I reckon they’ll delay it to coincide with the Tokyo Olympics next year.  The park opening was always planned to coincide with the Olympics anyway (that was always their primary goal); might as well wait until next year now.  The rest of the park will be ready by then too.

Edited by Dcubed

8 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Surely not.  There won’t be any tourism going on for the rest of the year anyway!

I reckon they’ll delay it to coincide with the Tokyo Olympics next year.  The park opening was always planned to coincide with the Olympics anyway (that was always their primary goal); might as well wait until next year now.  The rest of the park will be ready by then too.

Well I thought that but then I saw the government is going to try and incentivise tourism (as I'm sure they will have budgeted for this year to have money from the Olympics) so maybe they'd try and encourage as much as they can. Although I guess this kind of place could only be run with limited capacity and constant cleaning so maybe Nintendo wouldn't want to anyway.

• Thanks 1

The park is re-opening in phases from this month. I think if that goes to plan and they get back to normal operations then there would be no reason not to open this when it's ready. Most of the visitors will be Japanese people anyway so any travel issues shouldn't come into their consideration.

Please let me know if people consider these "spoilers" of sorts and I'll tag them. 

Keep them coming I say! 

Not sure if we’ll make it over to Japan this year but definitely planning to go for the Olympics next year (providing it actually happens). Think I’ll add on a trip here at the same time - it’s looking really cool.