NEurope
Serebii

Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-partners-with-universal-for-first-theme-park-attractions-based-on-nintendo-gamescharacters/

KYOTO, Japan and ORLANDO, Florida (May 7, 2015) – Nintendo and Universal Parks & Resorts today announced plans to bring the world of Nintendo to life at Universal theme parks – creating spectacular, dedicated experiences based on Nintendo’s wildly popular games, characters and worlds.

The agreement brings two icons of entertainment together and represents a significant partnership for Nintendo as it expands the reach and popularity of its characters and intellectual property.

Universal theme parks offer incredibly popular, innovative themed family entertainment experiences based on compelling stories and characters – using powerful storytelling and innovative technology. Nintendo has created remarkable and imaginative worlds filled with captivating stories and beloved characters. Now, for the first time, those stories and characters will be brought to life in entirely new ways – only at Universal theme parks.

The immersive experiences will include major attractions at Universal’s theme parks and will feature Nintendo’s most famous characters and games. More details will be announced in the future, as the Nintendo and Universal creative teams work to create specific concepts.

Haha! Outstanding.

In the past, many podcasts have talked about how this should be a thing and a good way for Nintendo to use their IPs. Good to see that it's finally happening.

Can't wait for Captain Falcon's F-Zero Coaster to rip my face off with the speed! :bouncy:

Donkey kong mine kart. Lake Hylia log flume.... I'm sure everyone can come up with 50 rides...

Can't wait to hear more details and hope they don't make it all kid friendly. They need some more intense rides for Fzero and Fatal Frame :)

They just need to come to England, buy acres and acres of countryside, build a castle, lake and mountain and i'd be happy with Little Hyrule

Fabulous news!

Just a thought: with space at Universal Studios Resort is very limited I expect Universal to retheme an area of their resort - likely the Marvel area. Bob Iger, Disney CEO has already said Disneys Hollywood Studios theme park is to have some major investment. It already has a Star Wars simulator ride and it's no big leap to think that they'd want Marvel (along with Star Wars and similar IP) to be a major attraction here. Marvel is unlikely to exist within two competing parks (so close to eachother) so a retheme at Universal is likely and Nintendo characters are a strong enough replacement for Marvel.

Fabulous news!

Just a thought: with space at Universal Studios Resort is very limited I expect Universal to retheme an area of their resort - likely the Marvel area. Bob Iger, Disney CEO has already said Disneys Hollywood Studios theme park is to have some major investment. It already has a Star Wars simulator ride and it's no big leap to think that they'd want Marvel (along with Star Wars and similar IP) to be a major attraction here. Marvel is unlikely to exist within two competing parks (so close to eachother) so a retheme at Universal is likely and Nintendo characters are a strong enough replacement for Marvel.

Universal own the theme park rights for Marvel in Japan and east of the Missisipi River in the U.S; while Disney own them everywhere else.

No way will Unversal let them go! They probably will refurbish and rebrand some of their existing rides into Nintendo versions, but certainly not the Marvel ones!

Can't wait for Captain Falcon's F-Zero Coaster to rip my face off with the speed! :bouncy:

The plans were good, but it was replaced with a more "fun" Mario Kart coaster. Extra charge for sitting on a motorbike. :heh:

Universal own the theme park rights for Marvel in Japan and east of the Missisipi River in the U.S; while Disney own them everywhere else.

No way will Unversal let them go! They probably will refurbish and rebrand some of their existing rides into Nintendo versions, but certainly not the Marvel ones!

The fact Disney is prohibited from using its own IP in its flagship park is probably motivation enough for them to make a deal with Universal. Everything has it's price and Disney will make a deal.

Space Mountain x Rainbow Road plz

With chain chomp bouncing overhead :)

I've always dreamed about this, so I can't wait to see what they come up with.

They need a DK Minecart ride that goes above or to the side of DK rapids :D

I've always dreamed about this, so I can't wait to see what they come up with.

They need a DK Minecart ride that goes above or to the side of DK rapids :D

Oh good god yes.

Universal Japan is a great day, Osaka/Kansai is rad. Well worth a holiday that year!

Oh wow! It IS actually called Nintendo Land? I was only joking about that! :laughing:

This music had better be playing everywhere in the park!

There's a picture of Miyamoto disco dancing, what more could you want?

content-4-34976-themepark2.jpg

The park attraction gets a name.

CzcMSKJUUAAkamM.jpg:large

According to the official Japanese webpage, Super Nintendo World will open before the 2020 Olympic Games that will be held in Tokyo. It has also been confirmed that the Japanese park is scheduled to launch before the two parks in Orlando and Hollywood. The park will feature rides, shops, restaurants and more!

The park attraction gets a name.

CzcMSKJUUAAkamM.jpg:large

Welp, it's NSMB art style! Pack it up, peeps! The dream is over, we're done.

Seriously though, I'm trying to find other Ninty franchises in that picture but I just... Can't.

Still, didn't expect Forza to get in there in the form of the cardboard audience, what a weird crossover!

It's like a Ninty version of Where's Wally? I know Zelda's in there somewhere...

I could go on all day.