NEurope
Stocka

Deadly Silence Producer Working On Revo Project! [NOT RE5]

Resident Evil DS Producer Working on Nintendo Revolution Project

by Shawn White (01/17/06)

Speaking with Jeux-France, Minoru Nakai, producer for the Resident Evil remake on the Nintendo DS, revealed that he is involved in a project for Nintendo's next-generation console, code-named the Nintendo Revolution.

Nakai let slip that he is interested in the Revolution's controller, and even though he thinks its functionality could provide a nice evolution to the Resident Evil series, the current Revolution project is not a new title in the franchise (note: rough translations provided).

"Even if the playability of Resident Evil 4 thus remains very led to my taste, we would clearly like to use the potential of the [Revolution controller], because the players could end up wearying themselves of this style of gameplay," Nakai explained.

However, the producer cautioned that "it would be perhaps more judicious to develop a game other than Resident Evil on Nintendo Revolution, before attacking this series, and this, to familiarize myself more with this new concept, in order to better benefit from the potential of the [controller] thereafter. We [are working] there in this moment..."

Despite any sales success Resident Evil 4 enjoyed on the Nintendo GameCube, Capcom has yet to announce the game's next-generation sequel for Revolution, confirming it only for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. However, given Nakai's words, there seems to be a possibility that Nintendo's next console might receive a Resident Evil title, perhaps one that is tailored exclusively to the Revolution's controller.

Dodgy translation.

If REDS turns out decent then this could be something to look forward to.

Sounds great! :grin: Any gamer to take advantage of the revo's controller is welcome :grin:. Imagine slicing a Zombies head off whilst using the controller as a chainsaw!!!

Sounds great! :grin: Any gamer to take advantage of the revo's controller is welcome :grin:. Imagine slicing a Zombies head off whilst using the controller as a chainsaw!!!

That would be a resident evil worth waiting for :D

*drool*

runs off with TV remote to go pratice

Imagine actually dodging attacks. Hold down a button and swing controller left to dodge that cahinsaw guy from RE4s attack. Then let go and use controller to stab him in the ribs! Needless to say that would be awesome.

I thought this might be the case you see re5 on the 360,ps3 will bacicaly be a better looking re4 (as if you can get any better looking than re4) but i think the bigger studios will have game that are more tailored to the rev. i fore see a soul caliber revolution designed to work with the controller like nothing before it. a final fantasy revo and other brilliant titles that are optimised to work on the revo

*drool*

runs off with TV remote to go pratice

lol i pretend im playing something atleast 3 times a week with my tv remote.

I smell a new IP.... damn, that smells good. Sniff it in boys!

The only thing Id prefer right now would be a nice big fry!

Keep the original stuff coming though!

Wow, another exclusive (at least at the moment) and that from Capcom who ported everything to the PS2.

I think the best way for them to test the Revolutions controller would be to create a brand new IP, and either a spin-off or re-make of a Resident Evil game, using the new controller.

In the new IP they could experiment and in the remake or spin-off they could apply it directly to Resi.

Resident Evil 2 remake with Resi 4+ graphics and using the revolution controller? That'd suit me :hehe:

I would like to see Dead Phoenix revived with the obligatory graphical boost from the Rev. Its a shame that sweet-looking code went to waste. And of course with the controller it appears you could control the entire game with one hand.

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/495/495519/vids_1.html

for those that dont remember or know about the game.

From what I was able to look up, RE: DS is the only RE game this guy's been involved with anyway...and all he was doing was overlooking a port.

I would like to see Dead Phoenix revived with the obligatory graphical boost from the Rev. Its a shame that sweet-looking code went to waste. And of course with the controller it appears you could control the entire game with one hand.

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/495/495519/vids_1.html

for those that dont remember or know about the game.

maybe it'll be reborn as kid icarus... and nintendo will give that "exclusive" to capcom on the condition... "GIVE US RE5!"

That would rock