NEurope
Wii

Yooka-Laylee

Outstanding!

Shame about it being pushed back until next year but it was always on the cards.

Yes! :D

This is shaping up to be everything I could have possibly wanted from the game and much more. :)

Delay? No problem! Just make it count... ;)

I'm so glad that I backed this on Kickstarter. :heart:

It'll be a little odd in a way playing a platformer from the ex-Rare guys on a Sony console but I am very much looking forward to it!

That conversation at the end is probably made for certain people here :laughing:

Can't wait. That trailer has got me HYPED!

It'll be a little odd in a way playing a platformer from the ex-Rare guys on a Sony console but I am very much looking forward to it!

I'll be getting it on PC and Wii U, and I kind of want to play it on Wii U just because it feels right.

The delay was expected and, considering the scale of the game is bigger than when they started the Kickstarter, I would have been worried if there was no delay.

The trailer looks amazing.

This game is looking awesome! More excited about this than Zelda! (Hopefully Nintendo can at least equalise that after E3!)

It's looking great and I really love the return of character gibberish but stand by Nuts & Bolts to this day, despite even Platonic making fun of it :p

I must say though, I was more pumped reading EDGE and seeing just the screenshots, whilst it still looks good, the frame-rate and camera seem a bit off to me. It's still months from release though so hopefully that gets sorted

I chose the PS4 version from the kickstarter, kinda tempted to switch to the Wii U version now if it's at all possible.

Looks absolutley fantastic, very happy i backed it on Kickstarter. Ok, the delay was inevitable (i did read they could have made the October release, but chose to polish it more).

Absolutely stunning visuals.

Nintendo definitely need to look at it to see what Mario NX should be like ^^

Really??

I mean visually it looks ok, but "stunning" and something Nintendo need to match?? I think not.

I think the camera movement needs some more work, too. The camera is just too damn clunky, jerky in places, and not knowing where to move to in others. Then again the camera in Banjo and DK64 were not renown for their effectiveness either.

This does look good. Now which version to get?

The Wii U version will probably the one to get as it's the one Playtonic are being hands on with. The other versions are being outsourced to Team17.

I'm still hoping for some amiibo from this. Shovel Knight got one so I don't see why this can't.

How dare you say this...

I kinda agree. The art style and creativity in character design is absolutely astounding. The latter is something Mario games lack.

It does need some polish, though, but there's a lot of time until the release :)

This does look good. Now which version to get?

I'll stick with the PS4 version because I will soon sell my Wii U :D

No idea what Team 17's reputation with porting is, though.

Well Super Mario 3D World, and especially its spin-off Captain Toad, is on par IMO

Just have that at 1080p and we'll all be happy.

In fairness it's always good to see what others are doing and learn from it. Nintendo has not had much competition in this area for a while and this could turn out crap, but hopefully they'll take the opportunity to see what others are doing (particularly given the different demographic that is working on it) and they won't just rest on their laurels.

Well Super Mario 3D World, and especially its spin-off Captain Toad, is on par IMO

Just have that at 1080p and we'll all be happy.

3D World and Captain Toad look far, far better than this. Not just in terms of visuals, but camera control and especially animation. It's no surprise, Nintendo are king with this sort of thing, I just don't see what they can learn from this game's graphics which don't look anything special IMO.

I'm perhaps the only huge BK fan here who's got more reserved reactions to what we've seen.... Some parts certainly look good, but other bits look a bit bland and generic to me. Perhaps they just need a bit of polish :) It still put a smile on my face and I'm sure I'll enjoy it nonetheless.

The Wii U version will probably the one to get as it's the one Playtonic are being hands on with. The other versions are being outsourced to Team17.

I'm still hoping for some amiibo from this. Shovel Knight got one so I don't see why this can't.

PS4 version might run at a better resolution/frame rate though...we can't really say. Depends on how good the port is handled.

PS4 version might run at a better resolution/frame rate though...we can't really say. Depends on how good the port is handled.

True but i'm more inclined to buy a product made by the actual developers rather than one that's been outsourced. Like you say, it's all speculation at this point. As long as everyone gets a quality product then that's all that matters. : peace:

Regarding the port

“We naturally have so many backers who opted for Wii U. Because of the size of the team, we couldn’t take on all the consoles. You can imagine from a developer stand-point, that porting from PC to PS4 and Xbox One is slightly more straightforward than porting to Wii U.

“I also think it feels right playing it on a Nintendo system to some people.

“But the other versions will be fantastic as well.”

Technical art director Mark Stevenson added: “We wanted to make sure that Wii U gets the right attention. There is a lot of nostalgia around Banjo, Banjo heralds from Rare’s Nintendo’s days, and we are all massive Nintendo fans as well.”

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/yooka-laylee-delayed-to-2017-playtonic-internally-handling-wii-u-and-pc-versions/0167997