NEurope
Wii

Yooka-Laylee

I thought that area of the game was just a test area? But it's pictured in the book...

Hope there's a cool hub world to run around and explore like in Banjo-Kazooie.

Yooka-Laylee Interview with Playtonic Games (E3 2015)

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter Draws To A Close With Over £2 Million Raised

Playtonic Games’ crowdfunding campaign for Yooka-Laylee has now drawn to a close with over £2 million raised in total. The 3D platformer shot to Kickstarter success when it was funded in under one hour after launching on May 1. Within just one day, the developer had smashed its £175,000 funding goal and raised a staggering £1 million. And over the course of the past month, the gorgeous platformer – which features Yooka the green chameleon and Laylee the purple bat as the game’s two adorable heroes – has managed to surpass Playtonic Games’ expectations by achieving every stretch goal issued.

Yooka-Laylee completed its round trip journey yesterday and checked off the final stretch goal, adding free DLC to all those who backed the game once it releases. Tipped as the spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie and from the brilliant creative talent from Rare games such as Donkey Kong Country, Playtonic Games has concluded its Kickstarter campaign with a whopping £2,090,104. Those who still wish to donate to certain tiers, however, can still do so for a limited time via PayPal at the developer’s website. To celebrate the success, Playtonic Games thanked all backers involved with an update on its Kickstarter page. Yooka-Laylee is set to come to various platforms, including the Wii U, in late 2016.

47 days ago we started this Kickstarter campaign – our first Kickstarter – with little idea of what we were letting ourselves in for.

We know how to make games, but we didn’t know much about Kickstarters. We’d taken plenty of advice from plenty of people, but really didn’t know how it would turn out. We were still amending and tweaking the Kickstarter page minutes before we went live, to see what could be added, what would look better, what could be said more clearly.

The rest of course, is history, but through these past 47 days we’ve felt an incredible level of positive support from everyone, whether they opted to back us or not. For that, we are extremely grateful!

What’s next? Well, some sleep (right now), then onwards to create a game that, at the end of 2016, lives up to your expectations, and that in years to come you can look back and be proud to be involved with. Raise your virtual glass to the next exciting installment!

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/17/yooka-laylee-kickstarter-draws-to-a-close-with-over-2-million-raised/

The Kickstarter's been a wonderful success for these guys & hopefully it's brought attention to the appeal that's still out there for a good 3D plat former. Rare had such a great reputation from the N64 days & so many people are disheartened with where they are now.

Well done to Playtonic Games. I'm sure they can do the support proud, and I can't wait to play it!

Genuinely impressed by that video. I ended up backing at the console level with a view to get it on the Wii U. Very happy with how it's progressing, though I would have liked to see this footage via a Kickstarter update rather than having to find it in the wild. Starting to regret not having enough confidence in Playtonic to back at a higher level now.

Yooka-Laylee Developer Interview w/ Grant Kirkhope & Andy Robinson (E3 2015)

Yeah I got it too. Seems that MCV were making some assumptions there...

Still, good news nonetheless!

Not the right topic but related...I reckon @Cube and I might be picking up the BK version of this vinyl OST.... ;)

jpg

Limited to 3,000 copies.

Link.

Anyone fill in how they'll appear in the credits for this? I did for the PS4 version.

Playtonic showed off another supporting character.

Say hello to Rextro Sixtyfourus.

rex_2yeqwi.jpg

No, this is a high quality pic, he does actually look like that.

I love that he has scanlines, such a lovely touch!

Rextro’s role in Yooka-Laylee is as guardian of the arcade machines hidden on each level. Each world hides at least one secret arcade game encasing old-school gaming goodness, and completing its retro challenge will enable you to claim another Pagie

That scanline effect looks class!

Actually, he just looks class all round (or, well, square in this case :awesome: )

I'd love to see Playtonic using the arcade games to parody older games. With the sense of humour they have it's quite plausible and would provide a fun distraction within the game. Ideally older Rare games are surely rife for parodying, especially those the Playtonic team worked on.

All looks amazing of course, (thinly veiled jab at Microsoft with the villain and all) but this little piece of art caught my eye...

Ci6jK0EXAAgqECh.jpg

Subtle...

Ci6jLgCXAAQE7tZ.jpg

... but not subtle enough ;)

Trying not to get my hopes too high for this, but it could be something special. BK is one of my all time favourite games.

Outstanding!

Shame about it being pushed back until next year but it was always on the cards.