NEurope
Wii

Yooka-Laylee

This place, man.

Seriously, I'm getting really done with all of this. You guys know where you're wrong and pushing things - just stop doing it. I'm going to moderate the crap out of this thread onwards from this post tomorrow(maybe even retroactively, cos hell let's all just do what we want without regard for anyone else). I may even ban people from the thread too, and I'm going to do so completely indiscriminately entirely at my own discretion because I'm fed up to fuck with trying to work you all here. I'm just done. Sort yourselves out, be civil, discuss games and not each other.

EDIT: Fair warning - don't reply/respond to this in this thread. I don't care how/if/why you're doing it - I see a response to this posted in this thread - I'm banning you from the thread. If you have an issue, post on my wall or PM me - as ever I don't aim to stifle discussion and welcome it in the public domain on my wall if you wish, but will also take PMs if preferred. No responses in this thread, though.

Keep it Yooka-Laylee. Good, bad, indifferent, I don't care. Just keep it about the game.

Edited by Rummy

Yes back to Yooka-Laylee, back to our discussion on the visuals. Not to my personal tastes but fingers crossed the visuals elsewhere are better. I think it's a little odd they don't seem to have shown off many levels give the game's out in a couple of months. Hopefully there's lots of variety.

Not talking about something that's out soon is the in thing at the moment ;)

I'm silently hopeful that this will be good. I didn't back the Kickstarter as I didn't really have an incline over how this would play out. Still neither convinced nor deterred, so I'll gauge my impressions based on how people here find it.

Visuals look fine to me. I'm neither blown away by them nor repulsed. :heh:

It's really comfortable up here on this fence. :D

I will definitely use the victim card more often from now on. :)
Final evolution of the 'Prove It ticket' confirmed! #EasyAllies

The same reason you spent [wasted] time talking about an online service you don't like, because that's what people do on a discussion board.
I know right? I keep making that mistake over and over again! Edited by Rummy

Final evolution of the 'Prove It ticket' confirmed! #EasyAllies

It's a shame they've maxed it out at level 3 :nono:

I'm still unconvinced on Yooka-Laylee but it's probably more to do with my affection for the original Banjo-Kazooie than anything else.

The gameplay, the characters, the visuals, the locations and the music all felt right and it blended together cohesively into one incredible experience. I don't think an unofficial sequel or clone will manage to capture that special ingredient, especially when Banjo-Tooie couldn't even manage it!

I'd actually love to see what Nintendo could do with the Banjo IP as I trust them more than anyone to provide an outstanding platforming experience.. but sadly it will never be :red:

Oh look, it's the ice key!

Nice. Now I'll be looking for a slot to fit in my Banjo Kazooie cartridge for the stop 'n swop.

I really like the look of this game, the Banjo Kazooie/N64 feel is definitely coming through, I wonder if we'll get a physical release if this one? I really hope so.

For those whom upgraded to the physical copy of Yooka Laylee, you can now update your shipping address. @drahkon

When is this out btw?! Is there an estimated release date?

11th April on PC, Xbox One and PS4. 2017 for Switch.

My Toybox code arrived today.............and it's my late shift in work, dammit. If i'd known i might have swapped my late out.

I'm getting a Spyro The Dragon vibe from this, is it the same folk who made that the same ones who made this and Banjo Kazooie?

Yooka is looking like a mix-breed of Yoshi and a night fury. Maybe this game could've been called YooshLess. :D

@Rummy please dont ban me from this thread my dude, we go way back. I just wanted to say that I'm totally charmed when you unleash your dominance, you're such a boss. Try not to allow the disappointment in the bickering get at you, just heartlessly enforce the law and take on the role as judge, jury and executioner. I heart you no matter what. :heart:

I'm getting a Spyro The Dragon vibe from this, is it the same folk who made that the same ones who made this and Banjo Kazooie?

The Spyro guys had nothing to do with this or Banjo. They're currently making Spider-Man.

That new Spidey where he's kinda slinging through offices and on top of this car? That game looks pretty decent potentially y'know. I'm kinda looking forward to see that, the Avengers game, those series of Marvel superhero games (and the new Justice League game?).

Okay way off topic my bad. But thanks Cube my boi

^^ Hey you should rename your gamertag as Cuboid. It keeps the cube concept going on, plus adds your gender (boi) into the equation, aswell as your competitive gaming attitude (british slang says 'he boid it' for 'he insulted him'). Cuboid is full of pun, consider it my bro.

Trophies are out for the game.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5943-yooka-laylee

Soooooooo many collectibles. :D

When this game releases are we just keeping the talk in here or is another Yooka-Laylee topic being created in the other console board? I ask because many of us are probably buying it on the PS4/PC and the Switch version appears to be getting released later than these versions.

I don't know what to do. Have a PS4 pre-order but just...want the portability of the Switch. If it was released simul-time I'd get it on the Switch no problem. Dilema.

I don't know what to do. Have a PS4 pre-order but just...want the portability of the Switch. If it was released simul-time I'd get it on the Switch no problem. Dilema.

I'm having the same feeling about the Capcom collection (that isn't even announced for the switch but surely it's coming.)

I think it's a case of how desperately do you want to play it immediately, are there other games to keep you busy? If possible, always best to get it on the platform you most want it on, but it's hard.

Knowing WHEN it was coming out would help a bit...

Same problem. Gonna be hard to not pick up PS4 version