NEurope
Wii

Yooka-Laylee

Backed it immediately when the campaign was up. £15 for the PS4 version : peace:

Can't wait :D

Didnt back it at all, never really been a fan of Rare or 3D platformers

.....not sure why I'm in this thread :p

They are doing it. That's why they're giving people the option to switch theirs to the Switch. The statement about bringing more information about it is obviously about its launch, not its existence.

I interpreted their statement as they're hoping to get a version done for the Switch and they're currently working with Nintendo to see if they can. It almost sounds as if they don't have a dev kit for it yet, so it's not even being worked on.

I'm still planning on switching my backing to the Switch though!

If it's new t to be great I'll get it on switch, but probably not if it's too close to Mario odyssey. Mario sunshine on virtual console at launch, this a couple of months later, odyssey november. Pretty good year for 3d platformers.

Then they just need to confirm duck hunt duo 3d platformers for next year....

No physical version for the Switch means I'll be going for a physical PS4 version.

If it comes out on the Switch at a later date as a physical release then I'll buy it again! ::shrug:

I want to play the game on its original planned release date, it doesn't sound like the non-physical Switch download code will even be for release but much later so it's a no-brainer. :indeed:

I'm still looking forward to the game and this hasn't killed my hype for it one little bit. :D

Which option are other people picking?

Sticking with physical PC version, changed my digital Wii U version to a digital PS4 version.

I backed it but I've held off playing any of the toybox so I can go in fresh. If I were getting the Nintendo... whatsitcalled.. I'd definitely switch to that version.

I've backed it on Wii U from when it was first released but I might just cancel and ask for a refund. The game just doesn't really do it for me, but I'll wait for reviews and a few more gameplay videos before deciding.

Didnt back it at all, never really been a fan of Rare or 3D platformers

.....not sure why I'm in this thread :p

There used to be a moment in time were everything touched by Rare[ware] turned into pure gold.

Nintendo first party titles are always solid, but 3000 years ago Rare found a way to deliver a higher quality then Nintendo. During the Donkey Kong Country SNES period, Rare people got invited by Nintendo to come to the main office in Japan. Nintendo people asked Rare if they somehow hacked the SNES. Because Rare managed to pull more out of that console than Nintendo could ever dream of.

If this game comes close to the Banjo-Kazooie magic from the past, it will be a solid one.

I didn't back it because I didn't have any money for it at the time, otherwise I'd have backed the shit out of it. I'll get a Switch retail copy regardless, just like the good ol' days.

I didn't back it because I don't back kickstarters in general. However, I will definitely buy the game full retail price - or well.. cheapest retail price! :) And will have to go for the Switch-version as I won't have any console or PC it releases on other than that.

If i had any sort of date for a switch version i'd switch to that, but i'll stick with the PS4 game

They would have to give just the smallest indication of how soon it might be out on Switch, for me to consider switching (...) to that platform, otherwise keeping my original PS4 backing and getting it asap is definitely the most attractive idea.

There used to be a moment in time were everything touched by Rare[ware] turned into pure gold.

Nintendo first party titles are always solid, but 3000 years ago Rare found a way to deliver a higher quality then Nintendo. During the Donkey Kong Country SNES period, Rare people got invited by Nintendo to come to the main office in Japan. Nintendo people asked Rare if they somehow hacked the SNES. Because Rare managed to pull more out of that console than Nintendo could ever dream of.

If this game comes close to the Banjo-Kazooie magic from the past, it will be a solid one.

Ha! Another thought we have in common! I'm really excited for this in case it re-captures the ol' Rare magic and pushed Playtonic into making a whole range of games of varying genres but set within the similar universe. To think that the seeds of Banjo and Conker were essentially just in DKR and they opted to expand them out is quite interesting. Speaking of which I don't know if I've made it up but weren't they supposedly thinking about games from the other characters too?

Ha! Another thought we have in common! I'm really excited for this in case it re-captures the ol' Rare magic and pushed Playtonic into making a whole range of games of varying genres but set within the similar universe. To think that the seeds of Banjo and Conker were essentially just in DKR and they opted to expand them out is quite interesting. Speaking of which I don't know if I've made it up but weren't they supposedly thinking about games from the other characters too?

I definitely remember there being mentions of a Timber the tiger game in NOM but I'm not sure if there was ever a game officially in the works or if it was just wishful thinking on NOM's part. I would have loved a Timber or Bumper game.

I definitely remember there being mentions of a Timber the tiger game in NOM but I'm not sure if there was ever a game officially in the works or if it was just wishful thinking on NOM's part. I would have loved a Timber or Bumper game.

What sort of game though? That's the thing I'm hoping for with Playtonic - it won't just be characters in similar games; but hopefully a wide variety of genres utilising/starring various characters and maybe even having cameos etc. I never played Bad Fur Day so I don't know/can't say how it compared to Banjo Kazooie/DK64 considering they were all platformers, but I'd like to hope they were still rather varied. I felt as if DK64 and Banjo-Kazooie were sufficiently different in a number of their mechanics and design aspects.

@killthenet @Rummy

Timber was going to be the main character of Racing for a good while before Nintendo approached Rare with the idea of putting Diddy in there, hence why the whole place is Timbers island.

I'm not sure about this game NOM mentioned though but I think it was an idea to use most of them in other games. Tiptup did make a cameo in one of the Banjo Kazooie levels!

BanjoKazooie_cast2TheZTiptupChoir.jpg

Edited by Josh64

After a little digging around it seems like there was never a Timber game in development at Rare, just bad journalism on NOM's part that got my hopes up when I was younger. It's interesting that DKR could have been Timber Racing, i'd love for there to be a several hours long documentary about Rare in the 90's and early 2000's, I absolutely adored their games back then and the short documentaries they've put out on Youtube have been fantastic to watch but I can't help but wonder what else they had in the works.

The talk of DKR is making me nostalgic. One of the best games ever, close to perfect - the island, music, weapons, air/land/sea and arena modes made it superior to Mario Kart in many ways (although I love both). Shame Donkey Kong Racing got canned as I wanted to see more of the universe.

Changed my Yooka-Laylee format from Wii U to Switch. Happy to wait a bit longer to get it on there.

Been playing Banjo-Kazooie a bit on Xbox Rare Replay recently, it has aged surprisingly well and has got me in the mood for Yooka-Laylee.

I had to send a request to Backerkit to change my digital Wii U version to an upgraded physical PS4 version because mine was still locked for technical reasons, so I've asked them to do this for me as instructed also mentioning that's the only part of my pledge I wish to change as I don't want to lose my 64-bit edition after having paid for it in advance. :hmm:

Hopefully all will be well, as for the Switch version... I'll buy a physical copy if it ever happens in the future but I'm not going to be forced into going digital on it for the console versions when that boxart is so lovely. :)

Upgraded my digital PS4 order to a physical copy. Haven't been able to update my address yet, i'm guessing that comes once the backer deducts the funds and updates the order itself.

Thinking I might buy this somewhere along the line. It's been ages since I've played a proper platformer. Probably not since Galaxy 2...

Upgraded my digital PS4 order to a physical copy. Haven't been able to update my address yet, i'm guessing that comes once the backer deducts the funds and updates the order itself.

Did the same :) And I can't update my adress, either. Was a bit worried but looks like I'm not the only one.

Did the same :) And I can't update my adress, either. Was a bit worried but looks like I'm not the only one.

I think it's because we've pledged a further £20, it's not due to be going out until mid-month (that's from a tweet i saw regarding the Toy Box code distribution, they said codes will be shipped in 2 weeks for the console Toy Box).

I'm sure there will be another update saying we can update addresses afterwards. Otherwise it'll be a tweet to see how it can be updated.