NEurope
Cube

Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars

thdqopT.jpg

It will likely be officially announced on Monday.

*sigh* i both love and hate NFC figures, looks like Disney Infinity might be something to get hold of, the Marvel stuff just about pushed me to buy them

Who are those two characters ??

Anakin Skywaker and his padawan, Ahsoka Tano.

As predicted. Strange choice of characters. Would sell more with Luke and Han or tied in with Ep 7 more. Unless that isn't the main pack - all the previous starter packs came with 3 characters.

Like all other NFC games, will pick when cheap. Still haven't bought the Marvel one yet. Will eventually, but going to pick up Lego Marvel Superheroes first to satisfy that Marvel itch.

As predicted. Strange choice of characters. Would sell more with Luke and Han or tied in with Ep 7 more. Unless that isn't the main pack - all the previous starter packs came with 3 characters.

I dunno, wasnt that animated series stupidly popular with kids?

Yes, The Clone Wars was very popular. Also, both characters have significant roles in the next season of Star Wars: Rebels

OCFL7ZZ.jpg

Disney Infinity 3.0 officially confirmed, featured in this month’s Game Informer

game-informer-disney-infinity-3.0.jpg

Disney Infinity 3.0 has finally been made official. The game has been officially announced in the latest issue of Game Informer, which is due out today digitally.

Here’s what we know about Disney Infinity 3.0 thus far:

– Avalanche heading up development again

– Other studios contributing as well

– Ninja Theory working on Twilight of the Republic pack-in playset

– This follows Anakin and Ahsoka as they fight to uncover who’s behind a freshly minted droid army

– Twilight of the Republic takes place after Star Wars: Episode II

– It features land and space battles

– Melee combat as well

– Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Darth Maul can enter the fray

– These characters will be separately-sold figures

– Studio Gobo’s (Disney Infinity’s Pirates of the Caribbean playset) Rise Against the Empire is a highlight reel of sorts that follows the events of the classic trilogy

– Luke and Leia tangle with Darth Vader and his forces through memorable sequences

– Battle of Yavin, Hoth, Tatooine featured in Rise Against the Empire

– Chewbacca, Han Solo, and Darth Vader figures will be available individually

– Star Wars characters can cross over between the Star Wars playsets

– Avalanche has reexamined fundamental parts of its core game and is working with best-in-class developers to ensure that Infinity is as good as it can be

– Ninja Theory has retuned melee combat

– Combat has been adjusted for timing and added depth for advanced players

– Sumo Digital (Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing) is tweaking driving; handling and drifting specifically

– One of the new Toy Box games is a kart racer

– Legacy characters will benefit from the gameplay improvements

– Another Star Wars playset due out this winter is based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens

– Sets are also coming based on Pixar’s Inside Out

– Joy, Disgust, Anger, Fear, and Sadness Inside Out figures coming

– United Front Games working on a new Marvel set, including Hulkbuster Iron Man, Ultron, and more

– More figures coming: Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Sam Flynn and Quorra from Tron: Legacy, Mulan, Olaf, and more

– Toy Box: addition of an updated hub world, toys for new players and experts, and the all-new farming system

– New Power Discs coming

– These discs won’t be in blind bags anymore, and you can see what you’re getting before you buy them

Disney Infinity 3.0 launches this fall on Wii U and other platforms. The Starter Pack will set you back $64.99.

http://nintendoeverything.com/disney-infinity-3-0-officially-confirmed-featured-in-this-months-game-informer/

This thing looks PACKED!! and a great Star Wars game.

They've got loads of other game studios like Ninja Theory, Sumo Digital working with them on specific parts of the game like the combat and racing etc...

EU release date announced to be 28th August. Earlier than I thought it would be, that gives them a month headstart on Lego and Skylanders.

I snapped up the PS4 super pack yesterday ( wanted The Fett early ) and figured I would post my thoughts about the game in here, seeing as we don't have a topic on the other board about the game.

So far it's been brilliant. I put the original through it's paces on the Wii U but I didn't bother picking up the sequel. The jump from 1.0 to 3.0 is quite staggering. There's so much content packed into the game and with most of this wave being Star Wars related, this just makes it even sweeter.

One of the new additions is the sidekick feature. The little fellas who followed were unlocked as extras in the original game now have a use in this version! It kind of reminds me of the Chao Garden in Sonic Adventure. You pick which sidekick you want ( I picked a little wookie but was tempted to go for one of the Disney characters), and then give them equipment to help you fight the enemies.

There is also a garden for you to raise them in. Give the little guys some gardening equipment and they will start planting fruit and veg. This will grow and allow you to feed them to increase various stats. The higher the stats get, the better the equipment they can use.

Outside of the Toy Box hub, the main game is fantastic. I'm zooming around the screen, hacking storm/clone troopers up with my lightsabers, force pushing droids off of various ledges and have lightsabers duels with General Grevious. Fantastic. :bowdown:

The quality of the models is also amazing and seem to be a step up from the originals.

image_zps381trc5e.jpg

All in all, i'm having a blast. I've actually put more time into this than I have Metal Gear Solid V. :D

Glad to hear good impressions. Like you, I still haven't picked up 2.0, planning on getting that soon (you can get the PS3 special edition with 6 figures for £42 on Amazon right now), but this is definitely on my to buy list too. Will probably hold off until The Force Awakens comes out, and have a total Star Wars blow out, along with Battlefront!

Will be buying the WiiU version ASAP. Loved DI 1.0. Remaking N64 3D levels was challenging but great fun. Think this game will make Mario Maker my Christmas game due to the toybox allowing 2D and 3D design and working with my 1.0 figures.

It's £19.99 on the eShop (Monday apparently?) and the Star Wars play set is £25 in store. However, saw the entire set for £45 today (with base too). May as well just buy that and trade old base/other games toward it. Can then sell the game down the line if I ever wish to.

These are superb games (2.0 stumble aside) and I'm surprised more WiiU gamers aren't picking this up. Co-op and off-TV ToyBox building is fantastic!

Edited by tapedeck

I'll definitely be picking this up. Bought loads of infinity and never actually played it... But this is Star Wars!

Apparently the WiiU version runs fantastic after the blip that was 2.0 (sup 720p, random framerate drops). Avalanche made it in house and dropped some of the toybox touchscreen functions (dragged the Framerate down in 1.0 and 2.0) and have brought it back to a higher resolution. Pending my dire game store, may end up with this today. @dazzybee be cool to share levels if you pick this up. :D

Picked it up & loving it. Feels good to be playing a AAA 3rd party game on the system. The single player Star Wars stuff is fantastic. Feels very much like Ratchet and Clank 3 with all the hopping into vehicles and cruising across the galaxy and collecting sparks. Drop-in/out co-op is fantastic (smooth too!) and it's all much easier to understand than previous games.

Oh and unlocking/building Star Wars levels in the ToyBox is brilliant. I'm aiming to build a Banjo Kazooie inspired Star Wars Rusty Bucket Bay/Tatooine Desert level. Ridiculous fun!!

@Hero\-of\-Time try downloading one of my cloud saved levels (Mario64 castle/lava) and let me know if it works. Cross platform level sharing --not sure if it works. :)

Picked it up & loving it. Feels good to be playing a AAA 3rd party game on the system. The single player Star Wars stuff is fantastic. Feels very much like Ratchet and Clank 3 with all the hopping into vehicles and cruising across the galaxy and collecting sparks. Drop-in/out co-op is fantastic (smooth too!) and it's all much easier to understand than previous games.

Oh and unlocking/building Star Wars levels in the ToyBox is brilliant. I'm aiming to build a Banjo Kazooie inspired Star Wars Rusty Bucket Bay/Tatooine Desert level. Ridiculous fun!!

@Hero\-of\-Time try downloading one of my cloud saved levels (Mario64 castle/lava) and let me know if it works. Cross platform level sharing --not sure if it works. :)

What's the best deal on the game? Haven't been keeping up with the game so don't know if there are any bargains with it.

Also, as I have I have infinity, could I just buy the game off the eshop? Then the figures separately? What are my options with this?

What's the best deal on the game? Haven't been keeping up with the game so don't know if there are any bargains with it.

Also, as I have I have infinity, could I just buy the game off the eshop? Then the figures separately? What are my options with this?

39.99 for a pack without the Base etc. Pack

The download is on offer at the moment about 15 quid, so if you can find the Anakin Ahsoka Pack for less than 25 quid, downloading would be the way to go.

@dazzybee

The pack for SWars figures (Ashoka/Ani) with playset was £25 in Grainger Games. £30 everywhere else I looked. The game was £20 in Grainger Games (standalone) but is £15 on eShop.

Pack was £45 all in from Grainger Games (£50 in supermarkets), so picked up the £45 bundle as prefer over digital as I might want to sell it one day.

So I could buy the anakin pack, the game in eshop for £40 and use my infinity 1 plate and I'd have everything from the starter pack?

Yep. Will work a charm @dazzybee

Looking forward to making some StarFox and Rogue Squadron-type games. All possible. :)

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ytras.jpg

Edited by tapedeck

Yep. Will work a charm @dazzybee

Looking forward to making some StarFox and Rogue Squadron-type games. All possible. :)

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ytras.jpg

Game ordered. Will be with me when I return from a long weekend. Can't wait! Looking forward to playing your creations.

Do old Infinity figures work in it by the way?

@Hero\-of\-Time you still enjoying this?

How does Empire hold up against Twilight of the Republic? Can't wait to unlock me some X-Wings for the ToyBox!

Judging by the opening Mickey course the ToyBox raceway add-on should be very good too!